How Facebook Page Insights Can Help You Stay on Track
- Author Jen Shehan
- Published March 11, 2013
- Word count 619
Many people ask me "Can Facebook track views to my profile?"
While Facebook do know the IP address and basic profile information of people who visit your page, detailed information is never released to the public. At the time of this writing, there are no apps, scripts, or tools that can tell you who visits your Facebook personal profile.
No. Facebook cannot track who visits your profile.
Facebook have recently begun testing a new feature called "Facebook Smart Lists", and you can read more about it here on the Inside Facebook blog.
Can Facebook Track Views?
Anyone can see how many "likes" a Facebook page has but if you want to know that your page is truly successful, you’ve got to check out Facebook Page Insights. Insights is a tool for tracking the growth of your page as well as the number of interactions on your page. You can look at the data and determine how to improve your page most effectively. It is a free service and available for those pages that are liked by at least 30 people. So as long as you have 30 fans, you can jump right in.
Detailed demographic data
An incredible aspect of Facebook Insights is the data on the demographics of your fans. Facebook breaks down the demographics by percentages as well as the actual number of people within your Facebook page by age and gender.
The demographics chart shows you the largest groups as well as the groups that are growing most quickly. In some cases, you may discover that you have frequent page views from people other than your target audience and if that is the case, this allows you to make the necessary changes in your marketing strategy.
What interests your audience?
With Facebook Insights you can find out so much about your fans. You can see how people like to interact with you and your page. Generally speaking, as the number of fans on your Facebook page increases, the number of people interacting with your page should increase as well. Whether it’s comments, photo views, wall posts, or likes, you can see exactly what your fans like and then you can deliver more of what they want and increase interaction even further.
Insights breaks down the activity from fans who have visited or commented on a post during specific time periods. You can see the number of impressions and the percentage of feedback each individual post receives. This can be a valuable tool in determining the best subjects for your audience. The higher the impressions and feedback, the more that particular post resonated with people. At the same time, you can review posts that aren’t receiving much attention and change what/how you post.
You also have the ability to see if people are "hiding" your page.
This gives you crucial information when trying to decide if you’re posting too much or too often or sharing information that people don’t find interesting. Keep an eye on the number of page views you’re getting and see if you can increase it while still maintaining your style. You can do this by posting more of what your fans want to see. As each of them comments, or hits "Like", you’ll increase your page views because your stuff is being seen by all of their friends.
If you have a Facebook page and want to see if your efforts are paying off, it’s worth taking a look at Insights.
There’s nothing like taking a look at the raw numbers to let you know if you’re on the right track. Plus, it really is fun- especially when the graphs are showing positive trends!
Jennifer Sheahan is the founder of The Facebook Ads Lab, a full-service ads agency specializing in Facebook PPC ads. The FBAdsLab provides ad campaign management, training, and mentor programs for marketers. The goal of the FBAdsLab is to help business owners learn all they need to know to be successful in advertising on Facebook; to take control of their traffic so they can stay ahead of their competition and be leaders in their field.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Craft Your Unique Business Story That Will Make You Shine and Put Your Competitors in the Shadows
- 4 Marketing Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Business Building Using Stories
- 4 Ways To Sell Services In A Slow Economy
- How to Pivot Your Small Business Strategy During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How a Visit to the Dentist Taught Me a Valuable Marketing Lesson
- Hiring an Online Marketing Agency to Grow Your Business
- The Biggest Web Copy Mistake Most Small Businesses Make
- How to Write Copy Like the OG Copywriters
- How to Write Better Emails
- Graphic design in Nepal
- Why Not Enough Authors Use Email To Market Themselves
- Should You Stop Marketing During COVID-19?
- Beauty Packaging in Design
- Accountants Mailing List | Accountant Email Addresses | CPA Database