Add Value To Your Home With Great Garage Designs
- Author Tonia Mcintyre
- Published March 18, 2013
- Word count 633
Garage areas used to be considered an upgrade to your home. A lot of homes in the 1960s and 1970s just simply did not have the space. If a home had a connected garage it was usually a single car garage but more commonly a home could have a carport. Since that time garage designs have improved.
Now most homes that are built, even as early as the mid 80's, ordinarily have at least a two car garage, while some even have as many as three and in some cases four car garages. As you acquire more possessions, such as cars and toys and equipment, you may find your current garage situation insufficient. Adding a detached garage could be a solution to this. Perhaps you do not need the space to keep vehicles or belongings, but you have a hobby or a profession that allows or requires space at home to work. Constructing a detached garage could fill that requirement as well. If you have a loved one who is need of more personal care but the thought of a retirement or convalescent home is undesirable, or you are interested in generating rental income but you do not have the interest or ability to invest in a rental property, a detached garage with a loft or an apartment can be the perfect solution.
There are many different and sensible designs for detached garages available to purchase out on the market nowadays. You are sure to discover a garage design to fit your needs, whether it is to have a single, double, or triple garage, or if you looking for that loft, apartment or workshop you have always wanted. The World Wide Web is one place to easily and quickly find different garage designs to search through. Architect and CAD drafting businesses have come up with dozens of garage plans to suit most needs, and if you have some specific needs that the stock plans do not address, these companies can alter existing plans or custom design one just for you.
It is important to check with the building department of the city or township in which you reside to make sure a detached garage, with or without a living space, meets all zoning requirements. In some locations you could be violating the zoning restrictions by building a detached structure and renting it if the area is zoned for single family houses. You might currently even be in violation and not know it if you have a basement in which you rent out and have not even checked with the zoning of your city.
If your needs require a detached garage and you want to purchase garage designs over the internet, make sure the company from which you buy includes not only the plans but a complete design plan. This package needs to include all the information necessary to meet current building permitting requirements and to allow the contractor you hire to secure correct construction bids. If adjustments to an existing plan are required, the ability to communicate with a draftsman and get a timely response is really important.
Unless you are designing an entire custom garage, make sure you ask the design company about a money-back guarantee. The guarantee should state that if you buy one of their pre-designed garage plans and it does not work on your property, you are qualified to receive a full refund. You should also be given time to review the blueprints once you have them. Three months is adequate to check with your building department and consult with your contractor to make sure the plans are usable. If not, the company should really refund you your money and should work with you to create a design that does work and one with which you will be satisfied.
There are no posted comments.
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- What Makes a Good All Around Stand Up Paddle Board?
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Us Against Them
- How to accurately cost estimate projects
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Best Ping Pong Table Indoor & Outdoor Reviews 2020
- Step By Step Guide To Write A Good Research Proposal
- How To Write A Super Resume In 2020
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- Belle Delphine Bathwater
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Considerable Factors of Zachary Levi, The Famous Actor
- Developing Good Habits
- 5 Languages of Appreciation
- How To Pick The Right University For You
- Why Should You Opt For A Postnuptial Agreement?
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Reach Local SEO Brisbane for the Best SEO Tips
- Why Backlink Checker Tool is Very Important for Digital Marketer?
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING