Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Author Bogdana Ivanova
- Published July 20, 2013
- Word count 506
Want to make a change this Christmas or holiday season? Try the Indian-style slowly roasted chicken and leave your family wanting more. Here is a spicy, Bollywood twist to your regular chicken recipe which is complete with all spicy goodness of the eastern cuisine. You can make your own changes to the amount of spices if you don’t like too much of it. You can follow the recipe with your choice of herbs and spices instead of the heavy Indian ‘Garam Masala’. But if you are a fan of spicy food, look no further. High on spice and taste, this recipe for slowly roasted chicken is different from the usual recipes as it has a delicious curry stuffing inside. The double spice factor is sure to tickle your taste buds and give your loved ones a truly amazing treat.
A small whole chicken washed and dried with a paper towel.
For the marinade:
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Soya sauce – 1 tablespoon
Pepper – 2 tsp
Garam Masala powder (Dry roast spices like cloves, cardamom, pepper and fennel seeds and ground them into a fine powder) – 1 tsp
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
Oil – 3 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Directions for making the slowly roasted chicken:
Mix all the marinating ingredients and make a fine paste. Make small cuts on the chicken surface using a sharp knife. Now take the marinade and rub it nicely onto the chicken, inside the cavity as well as out. Wrap the chicken in a plastic wrap and leave it in the fridge for a night or minimum 5 hours.
For the filling:
Large onions, thinly sliced – 2
Ginger garlic paste – a teaspoon
Paprika powder – a pinch
Tomato, finely chopped – 1
Cilantro – a few sprigs
De-shelled hard-boiled eggs – 2
Salt and pepper, to taste
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Directions for the stuffing:
Heat a pan and add oil. Once the oil is heated, add the onions, the ginger garlic paste and sauté. Once the mixture gets nice and brown, add the paprika powder, salt and pepper. Now add the tomato and make a fine paste. Halve the hard-boiled eggs in the mix too. Add these to the mixture without breaking. Add chopped cilantro and keep aside. This is the stuffing.
Baking the slowly roasted chicken:
Remove the chicken from the fridge, place it on a roasting tray; drizzle with a bit of oil. Now place the made filling inside the chicken cavity. Sprinkle a bit of salt and pepper on top of the chicken. Preheat the oven to 150°C/300°F. Place the chicken into the oven and bake for 3 hours till the chicken is golden brown and oozing juices. Make a cut with a knife and see if it is done.
Heavenly smells will waft in your kitchen to announce that the chicken is getting roasted to perfection. Now take the chicken out of the oven, carve it using a sharp knife, and place it on a plate with the stuffing. You can make a basic salad with onions, tomato and cucumber and serve it with the slowly roasted chicken.
There are no posted comments.
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup
- Cookie Making Made Easy My Busy Mom Method