Can Facebook Really Help Your Business?
- Author Cidnee Stephen
- Published November 9, 2013
- Word count 651
Every Monday, I am usually checking the Google analytics of my clients and am impressed by those that use Facebook as to how much traffic I see coming to the corporate website via this Social Media Channel. Am I surprised? No. You might be asking why. If so, check out these interesting stats:
No of people who check Facebook EVERY day
128 million Americans
14 million Canadians
If you do the math that is approximately 40% of the population of each respective county that is visiting Facebook EVERY day!
That means if your target audience is ANYWHERE in North America, over the age of 13 with access to a computer, chances are they are pretty heavily represented on Facebook. Therefore ignoring this hub as part of your marketing might not be the best call.
So, why am I impressed to see the traffic coming to my client’s corporate websites? Because BEING on Facebook doesn’t help your business….but USING Facebook effectively can. Facebook just recently launched an updated version of their Facebook for Business Resource. It’s definitely worth checking out. Not only for how-to’s on the points listed below, but also for some great success stories that can help you creatively promote your page.
While I’m sure this list is far from exhaustive, here’s some savvy, simple and cost effective ways to start marketing your small business on Facebook:
You need a Company Page
Consistently post to your Page
Interesting ideas, tips, important industry/company updates, conversation starters, promotions and contests are what bring your page alive and when coupled with the other points below, these are what will grow your followers and increase traffic to your website.
- Include Calls to Action on your Page
Calls to action can encourage your Facebook followers to LIKE your page, share your posts, visit your website, participate in a contest, try your product/service or subscribe to your newsletters/blogs/YouTube Channels/other social media channels, etc.
- Promote your company page via ads
There are so many creative ways to do this that can dramatically increase your results. You also need to think differently about these ads. Unlike Google where people are searching for something specific, on Facebook they are typically there socializing. That means your ads need to stand out, entice and distract them from their conversations in order to take action.
- Boost your posts
Your posts only reach about 16% of your followers, but boosting exposure of these posts for as little as $5 can increase exposure dramatically, and can be directed not only to your followers, but also to your targeted audience on Facebook.
- Advertise on Facebook to promote your company website
If you can offer a free eBook, special event or a free trial of your product or service, try using Facebook ads to drive traffic directly to your website instead of only to your Facebook page.
YOUR INVESTMENT TO GIVE FACEBOOK A TRY
Time to create a Facebook business page – 30 minutes
(granted this can take longer when you make it fancier and add more functionalities over time)
Cost to create a business page – FREE
Time to post on Facebook – 15 minutes per post
Cost to post on your Facebook page – Free
Min. Cost to boost a post – $5
Time to set up boosting a post – 5 minutes
Min. Cost to advertise per day – $5
Time to create an ad – 5 to 30 minutes
Time to monitor your Facebook effectiveness – 15 minutes at the most per day
It’s easy to come up with reasons as to WHY a tactic such as Facebook may not work for your business. Believe me, I hear reasons all the time, like:
" I’m not a Facebook user"
"I’m marketing to businesses, not consumers"
My response remains the same. Don’t knock it until you give it a decent try. It will cost you little in time and money to do so, and the payoff could be well worth it!
Like this article?
Subscribe to Cidnee's FREE bi-weekly marketing tips at (http://www.strategiesforsuccess.ca/marketing-tips-trends-and-updates/) for small businesses and also receive a special report on the 7 Steps of Marketing Success.
Feel free to use this article as long as you include the following: by Cidnee Stephen of Strategies for Success http://www.strategiesforsuccess.caArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 06 Reasons Why the Role of Social Media is Vital in Public Relations
- The importance of branding in marketing
- Comprehensive Guide to Creating the Perfect WordPress Website Design
- Earn From Home: The Ultimate Guide to Online Writing Jobs
- Product Marketing Agencies: Unveiling the Secrets to Successful Product Promotion
- Find The Best Website Developer In USA To Build Your Website
- YouTube Shorts: Unleash Your Creativity with 6 New Tools
- Explainer Video Scripts - Writing an Effective Script for an Explainer Video
- Black Elephant Creative, East Africa's Premier Marketing Powerhouse Agency in Tanzania
- Las Vegas Digital Marketing for DeVille Digital Marketing
- Finding the Perfect Fit: Navigating Kraft Box Sizes for Your Packaging Needs
- "5 pratical and Achievable Methods to Earn Money Online"
- Stealth Startups - Overview, Pros and Cons You Should Know
- Drive More Sales and Leads through Digital Marketing Services
- Top 5 Google Ads Campaign Success Tips for 2023
- Pioneering Email Marketing for Beginners: A Comprehensive Review of Cliqly
- Why Digital Marketing Should Be The Top Priority For Businesses in 2023?
- Harnessing the Power of Social Media in Marketing: A UK Perspective
- The Art of Instagram: Mastering Organic Growth in 2023
- Top 5 Trends Shaping Digital Marketing in 2023
- Discover the Best 2D Animation Maker Online for Your Business
- Rebelliuz Transforms into Jobsgram: Empowering Young Professionals to Connect and Showcase Their Skills
- Unleash the Power of Artificial Intelligence: Join the Grove.ai Affiliate Marketing Program!
- Simple ways video marketing can boost your event ticket sales
- How To Work With A Freelance Animator To Create An Animated Video
- Unveiling the Role of Digital Marketers: Driving Success in the Digital Age
- The Power of NFT Trademarks: How Blockchain Registration Outshines USPTO
- The Power of Corporate Videos: A Game-Changer for Businesses
- The benefits of market research for retailers
- Investing in web design services