Help is at hand thanks to new transport app
- Author National Plant
- Published December 6, 2015
- Word count 360
The Trans-Help Foundation, with support from Iveco Trucks Australia, has released a mobile app designed to boost workplace health and safety for transport drivers while on the road.
The app was launched at the Brisbane Truck Show and has a number of health and safety features, including useful traffic notifications and re-routing options. The app, which can be accessed on most smartphones and tablets, also gives users a direct connection to Trans-Help Foundation support services.
Trans-Help is dedicated to helping transport personnel
The latest in transport apps, the features include video functionality which will allow users to access face-to-face counselling and other support services. Workplace health for transport drivers is specifically targeted, and users can make fast contact with medical professionals in the ‘GP2U’ component of the app.
Trans-Help Foundation CEO, Dianne Carroll, said feedback on the app has been highly positive.
"The app has been well received and we know it’s going to be a valuable addition to the work that Trans-Help undertakes with transport personnel and their families," Dianne said.
"Even if it’s not regularly used, I encourage drivers and others in the industry to download the free app and have it on hand, just in case they do ever need support."
The Trans-Help Foundation is the only national charity dedicated to supporting transport sector workers and their families. They operate a 24/7 support line and send out mobile health units in partnership with Iveco Trucks Australia. They are sponsored by BP, which allows them maximum national reach without the burden of diesel costs.
"As well as undertaking the health checks, the vans are used to visit clients following an accident to provide counselling and support to the driver," Dianne added.
"Often a truck driver will be the first person at a scene of a dangerous accident and are obviously affected by the road trauma they experience. Our strong relationship with companies such as Iveco allows us to keep doing important work for the industry."
The app is available for both Android and Apple devices, and can be found by searching ‘Transhelp’.
- See more at: http://nationalplant.com.au/news/162-new-transport-app#sthash.MKd99qCj.dpuf
National Plant & Equipment recognises that we all need to make our best possible contribution to ensuring the health and safety of everyone in the transport sector. Your personnel are your single most important asset, and we will help you to maintain positive and safe workplace practices in any way we can.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Picture With Words: The Simple Living Biography Of Our Love Life
- Retaining Memories of Moments with your Baby through Picture with Words
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- Tricks to run ESO as smooth as possible
- Shipping to Brazil: New Tax ID regulations
- Why Should Your Business Use Same Day Delivery Services?
- Some Challenges and Roadblocks faced by E-Commerce Startups in 2020
- A new technology based on Image Recognition is revolutionizing eCommerce
- A Quick Buying Guide to Understand What To Look For in a Tray
- 8 Common Dropshipping Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
- Considering Kel-F ® PCTFE within Plastic Fasteners?
- What Is the Best Alternative to Facebook Ads for Dropshipping Businesses?
- How to make a Wrap Sleeve box for Packaging
- Checkpoints to Convert Your Web Site into a Marketplace?
- 5 Products to Avoid Dropshipping at All Costs
- How to Avoid the Facebook Ban When Dropshipping
- Your 3-Step Guide to Increase Sales with Seasonal Marketing
- Should We Focus on Aesthetics or UX When Designing an Ecommerce Website?
- Why Social Media is necessary for an Ecommerce Venture?
- Discover Hot Selling Toys and Hobby Products Online
- Ways to optimise an eCommerce store
- How to create your own brand with Chinese products
- How to track a package from China and be sure to receive it
- How to dropship with WordPress, the simple step by step guide.