Demands for cosmetic surgery for men is growing. Why?
- Author Michelle Judge
- Published January 31, 2016
- Word count 442
While the misconception that cosmetic surgery is only for women still remains a big belief, latest surveys show that it may no longer be the case after all. According to the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, more than 2.5 million men had cosmetic procedures in 2014 making up about 13.7% of the total population.
Plastic Surgeons have started providing services exclusively for men as the demand continues growing every year. Most men are found to have opted for cosmetic surgery procedures mainly to appear fit and marketable in the workplace, whether it is to compete for a new job or to compete with younger colleagues. Blepharoplasty was the most highly demanded cosmetic procedure among men in 2014 by BAAPS with rhinoplasty and breast reduction ranking second and third.
"It’s clear that the public of 2014 were after a refreshed or youthful appearance rather than more conspicuous alterations", said Michael Cadier, BAAPS President and a consultant plastic surgeon.
A very interesting classification of men who are most likely to opt for cosmetic surgery procedures was done by a Manhattan based plastic surgeon, Dr Douglas Steinbrech on Business Insider. He believes cosmetic procedures for middle-aged men are becoming a very powerful tool by helping them achieve a more youthful and masculine appearance that in this day and age increases a person’s chances to ascend the career ladder.
The four types of men Dr Steinbrech has identified include the ‘male model’, someone who desires defined abs, sharp jawline and an overall ripped appearance. He lists procedures like hi-definition liposuction, jawline augmentation and pectoral implants as the most typical procedures this type of men would opt for. And then there is the ‘body builder’ who would opt for similar procedures with a more muscular built on top of that. This type of men may also desire Gynecomastia (male breast reduction) to remove fatty tissues on the chest that steroids often cause.
The other two types of men, ‘CEO or broad member’ and the ‘athletic dad’, are identified by Dr Steinbrech to be opting for procedures that give more subtle results such as neck-lift, liposuction, re-contouring, and giving rise to new customised procedure packages solely for men called the daddy do-overs. These cosmetic surgery procedures are known to help enhance a person’s appearance without much obvious alterations.
Undoubtedly, the latest changes in trends correlate with the booming demand among men and is increasingly giving rise to new techniques in medical aesthetics. With majority of the population greatly influenced by social media, self-obsession also plays a role in the rise of demand for cosmetic surgery procedures. This is when the controversial question arises, is cosmetic surgery vanity or necessity?
For more information on cosmetic surgery procedures for men, please visit our Official Website http://centreforsurgery.com/
Article source: http://centreforsurgery.com/cosmetic-surgery-procedures-for-men/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum
- Benefits of Hemp Oil and Cream For Skin
- Common Hair Problems that Hair Extensions Can Fix