9 useful facts about almonds
- Author Boyan Minchev
- Published September 30, 2016
- Word count 486
Almonds are nuts, rich in nutrients. Due to its high content of dietary fiber, protein, organic vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium, the almonds are considered to be appropriate for maintaining a healthy food diet.
Here are some health benefits of consuming almonds ...
- Against colds and flu
Eating almonds help protect the body from viral diseases and influenza. According to research by British and Italian scientists ingredients in the outer shell of almonds strengthen the immune system reaction to this type of infection.
It is believed that substances in almonds help to increase and improve the ability of white blood cells to detect viruses.
- Reducing Cholesterol
A handful of almonds a day helps reduce cholesterol and the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, US researchers found.
Consumption of '75 almonds a day lowers levels of "harmful", LDL, cholesterol by 19%, according to survey results.
- Against diabetes and heart problems
Eating almonds have a positive effect on limiting the risk of developing diabetes. Nuts are rich in the mineral magnesium, which plays a role in regulating blood sugar.
Study at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey publish, that a diet rich in nuts helps to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the levels of "harmful", LDL, cholesterol in people with prediabetes.
- To reduce high blood pressure
People with diets with a high content of sodium deficient in calcium and potassium are at higher risk of developing hypertension.
Incorporating healthy foods like almonds in your diet, you can effectively reduce or prevent high blood pressure.
- Almonds protect against cancer
The content of amygdalin in almonds reduces the risk of developing cancer. The composition acts as antioxidant and helps to the removal of carcinogenic free radicals from the body.
The high fiber content in nuts purified toxins from the gut, leading to degeneration of the cells and reduces the risk of developing colon cancer.
- They are rich in proteins
The proteins are about 18% of the composition of the almonds. Amino acids contained in them, betting proper development of muscles and tissues in the body.
As a number of carbohydrates in almonds is limited, they are a good source of protein for people with high blood sugar levels and diabetes.
- Against constipation
Due to the high fiber content, the consumption of a handful of almonds a day helps prevent constipation, experts say.
Fiber facilitates the movement of intestinal contents and effective release of the intestines.
- help weight loss
Eating a handful of almonds for breakfast helps weight loss because they have an effect to satiate and suppress appetite for a long time.
Food with a low glycemic index, such as almonds, are degraded more slowly by the body, which do not cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels and insulin.
Nutritionists and dietetics recommend eating a handful of raw and unpeeled walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts a day.
If you like my articles and research please check www.recipespinterest.com
I'm a passionate blogger who loves to write and speaks his mind in every possible way.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Make: Quinoa & Roasted Vegetable-Stuffed Bell Peppers with Hummus Drizzle.
- Savory Sauces for Falafel: Elevate Your Taste Experience
- 5 HEALTHY AVOCADO RECIPES THAT KIDS WOULD LOVE
- Kitchen Item Review
- How to Use Cardamom: A Guide to Understanding this Aromatic Spice
- How To Stay Safe When Cooking At Home
- What are some recipes that include black pepper or cardamom pods?
- 10 Interesting Ways To Make A New Drink With Rum
- HOW TO USE CANNABIS TO COMBAT CROHN'S DISEASE WITH 7 SIMPLE RECIPES
- 3 Easy Instant Pot Recipes Anyone Can Make in 30 Minutes
- A Brief History of Food Recipes
- The Blue-Eyed Boy of Barrackpore
- Traditional vs. Modern Kitchens: How to Choose the Right Setup for Your Restaurant
- Top 5 Frozen Food Myths in Singapore
- Mini salt competition
- Which Tastes Better, Pasta or Pizza?
- Defining Catering in Brisbane
- How to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave
- Facts About the Takeaway Cravings in the UK
- 5 Reasons that MEC Pots are Excellent Pressure Cookers
- Turning Natural Clay into the Best Green Cookware
- This eco-friendly Cookware brand is great if you are looking for 100% “green” pots and pans
- 5 homemade yogurt issues and easy solutions:
- 4 Creative Ways To Enjoy Your Kitchen
- Eco-Friendly Cookware – This cookware is "Green" a full 360 degrees
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Best BBQ Grills for the Money 2020
- The Best Healthy And Non-Toxic Pots and Pans
- This stovetop slow cooker is a better choice for healthy cooking. Learn why
- The best rice cooker must retain all nutrients, both complex and simple carbs. Learn how and why that will affect your health