9 useful facts about almonds
- Author Boyan Minchev
- Published September 30, 2016
- Word count 486
Almonds are nuts, rich in nutrients. Due to its high content of dietary fiber, protein, organic vitamins and minerals such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium, the almonds are considered to be appropriate for maintaining a healthy food diet.
Here are some health benefits of consuming almonds ...
- Against colds and flu
Eating almonds help protect the body from viral diseases and influenza. According to research by British and Italian scientists ingredients in the outer shell of almonds strengthen the immune system reaction to this type of infection.
It is believed that substances in almonds help to increase and improve the ability of white blood cells to detect viruses.
- Reducing Cholesterol
A handful of almonds a day helps reduce cholesterol and the prevention of cardiovascular diseases, US researchers found.
Consumption of '75 almonds a day lowers levels of "harmful", LDL, cholesterol by 19%, according to survey results.
- Against diabetes and heart problems
Eating almonds have a positive effect on limiting the risk of developing diabetes. Nuts are rich in the mineral magnesium, which plays a role in regulating blood sugar.
Study at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey publish, that a diet rich in nuts helps to improve insulin sensitivity and reduce the levels of "harmful", LDL, cholesterol in people with prediabetes.
- To reduce high blood pressure
People with diets with a high content of sodium deficient in calcium and potassium are at higher risk of developing hypertension.
Incorporating healthy foods like almonds in your diet, you can effectively reduce or prevent high blood pressure.
- Almonds protect against cancer
The content of amygdalin in almonds reduces the risk of developing cancer. The composition acts as antioxidant and helps to the removal of carcinogenic free radicals from the body.
The high fiber content in nuts purified toxins from the gut, leading to degeneration of the cells and reduces the risk of developing colon cancer.
- They are rich in proteins
The proteins are about 18% of the composition of the almonds. Amino acids contained in them, betting proper development of muscles and tissues in the body.
As a number of carbohydrates in almonds is limited, they are a good source of protein for people with high blood sugar levels and diabetes.
- Against constipation
Due to the high fiber content, the consumption of a handful of almonds a day helps prevent constipation, experts say.
Fiber facilitates the movement of intestinal contents and effective release of the intestines.
- help weight loss
Eating a handful of almonds for breakfast helps weight loss because they have an effect to satiate and suppress appetite for a long time.
Food with a low glycemic index, such as almonds, are degraded more slowly by the body, which do not cause fluctuations in blood sugar levels and insulin.
Nutritionists and dietetics recommend eating a handful of raw and unpeeled walnuts, almonds and hazelnuts a day.
If you like my articles and research please check www.recipespinterest.com
I'm a passionate blogger who loves to write and speaks his mind in every possible way.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- Hamburgers and Chocolate Ice Cream
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- Save Money And Time With A Bread Maker
- An Introduction to Bread Ingredients
- Brodo di Cappone…Broth with Capon
- Natale Italiano – or Christmas D.O.P. In Simon and Alessandro’s Crazy Style!
- Growth of restaurants in Indianapolis- Strategically burgeoning by leaps and bounds
- Curcumin and its Health Benefits
- Healthy Baking The Gluten Free Way
- 7 Perks That Silicone Bakeware Will Bring To Your Kitchen
- Golden rules to prepare the true Italian Risotto
- Little Known Facts and Other Uses for Rolling Pins
- Cool curd rice for summer
- Why Should You Consider The Cranberry All Year Long?
- Spicy and stuffed slowly roasted chicken – Indian style
- Better Nutrition With Homemade Soup