Home Loan Programs: How Recent Medical School Graduates Can Qualify
- Author Arissa Dimond
- Published April 11, 2017
- Word count 413
Graduation is an exciting time for any college graduate, but for those graduating medical school, the excitement is an understatement. For recent medical school graduates who are getting ready for new employment, the idea of looking for a home isn’t exactly easy. But with the help of loan programs specific for medical school graduates, the process becomes a little easier. In Utah, there are lenders ready to help medical school graduates in the country get the financing they need to purchase a home.
Today there are mortgage programs tailored specifically for medical school graduates and physicians to meet the needs of doctors who are just starting out in their career. A physician home loan is an excellent option for graduates to obtain a home mortgage. This program typically presents itself with a low down payment of 10 percent or less, with no private mortgage insurance required and 100 percent financing on certain loan amounts. Generally, physician home loans are offered with a 30-year fixed rate, or a five- or seven-year adjustable rate.
Other options for physicians wanting to receive a home loan include: FHA loans, VA loans and conventional mortgages with different down payment rates. A conventional loan with 20 percent down may be a better alternative for home buyers as it offers more options and flexibility, though requires a large sum of money to be put down.
Typically, a borrower will be required to provide an employment contract from your practice instead of pay stubs. This can be helpful to doctors who are relocating for their first job after graduation and want to be moved in prior to starting work. Some banks may also a borrower to set up a savings/checking account with their institution prior to creating the loan.
One important aspect to remember about these loans is although they offer many advantages to medical school graduates, they also typically involve a higher interest rate, fees or points.
Should I apply for a home loan during residency?
It is advised to a student in a residency program to wait until the medical student’s program is finished before applying for a home loan because many residents will end up relocating after three to five years when their program finishes, leaving a significant amount of debt to be paid and a home to sell, if needed.
As a medical school graduate, consider the several financing options available prior to purchasing a home of your own for you and your family.
If you are a physician seeking a mortgage in Salt Lake City look no further. Physicians Home Mortgage has unique programs that provide home loans for doctors in the Salt Lake City area with no down payment. Call 1-844-740-3418 to learn more.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How Does Equity Release Work?
- Florida First Time Homebuyer: The Indispensable Guide of Tips, Programs, and Resources
- How to Become Debit Free?
- Sellers Concession the Closing Cost Option
- Financing Short Term rentals with DSCR loans
- Why move to Roseville CA
- Simple Interest Mortgage Advantage
- Are Low Doc Commercial Loans available in Australia
- How to Obtain a Rural Agriculture Loan Quickly and Easily
- What is a Caveat Loan?
- Tips for improving your Credit Score before getting a Home Loan
- 3 Things To Look out for With An Equity Release Mortgage
- Manage your Debts by Refinancing your Current Home Loan
- How to Get a Home Loan with Unusual Employment or Income?
- 20 Effective Debt Consolidation Loans Tips with Bad Credit
- Tips for Choosing a Non Conforming Lender
- Why is a Good Credit Rating Important in Australia?
- Most Common Ways That People Fall Into Personal Bankruptcy
- How to Choose a Consumer Credit Counseling Agency?
- Consolidate Your Debts and Take Control of Your Finances
- How to get a Home Loan due to a Bad Credit Report
- Debt Consolidation Home Loans are a Solution to Multiple Debt Problems
- Facts You Should Know About Low Doc Home Loans in Australia
- No Doc Loans from Private Lenders
- Home Loans to Consolidate Debt for People with Bad Credit
- How Can I Get a Mortgage If I Have a Bad Credit History?
- Guidelines to Fix Bad Credit Effectively Through Dispute
- Dealing with Debt – What to know about Debt Consolidation
- Investing In Yourself Before Investing in the Market
- What Options Are Available to Settle Bank and Credit Card Debt Fast?