Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Author Marko Petkovic
- Published April 22, 2017
- Word count 729
There have been many discussions about what this modern age has brought us and how to deal with it. Although we benefit amazingly from the cutting edge technology that’s available everywhere (it makes our lives easier in many different ways), some areas of society, like parenthood, seem a little blurred.
It’s Unlike Our Childhood, That’s for Sure
Surely you remember the times – not so very long ago, actually – when each family had their own landline phone. In order to call your friend to go out and play, you had to wait for the proper time; you didn’t want to disturb the house rules.
Now, your children can select one of many apps on their smartphone and be in touch with their friends whenever they feel like it. It’s not at all uncommon for kids to get a bit carried away and become addicted to texting.
The thing our parents nagged about at dinner tables were mostly connected to our posture – sit up straight and take your elbows off the table. Nowadays, parents worldwide know that this list of objections has become much longer and that it’s mostly based on the proper smartphone use.
Different Options and Opportunities
Today, entertainment and learning options for kids are very different and significantly wider. There’s a whole market dedicated to children apps so they can play great games and broaden their knowledge without even realizing it. Apps can even help take care of their health. The last group is probably the most important one – busy parents can stop worrying because their kids’ smartphone app can remind them when to take their medication.
Are the "Modern Kids" Missing Out?
Pets usually are one of the greatest childhood memories. Having a living being that grows up alongside you and loves you no matter what is an irreplaceable experience. But that’s not just a one-way street – pets teach you what it’s like to care for someone and worry about other people’s needs.
Virtual pet games really changed this. Your kid can simply download one or several different pet games and play with them on the screen. This new experience can be confusing and many parents are in two minds when it comes to virtual pets. Despite many studies and research, the question of the quality of life the "new age" kids have still remains unanswered and we often wonder whether the little ones are missing out nowadays.
Actually, It’s the Other Way Around
Yet, it appears that not all the games are bad for the kids, or at least not in their entirety. Has anyone ever told you how much he or she wanted a pet but the parents couldn’t afford one or the living arrangements didn’t allow for it? Thanks to smartphone apps, every child can have a pet. We’re not talking just about cats and dogs now, but fictional pets like dragons and even protected species like pandas, as well.
If you give them a try, you’ll realize that some of these virtual pets tend to be more serious than what you might have expected. When it comes to most of them, you do need to take care of a virtual pet like you would of a real one in order for it to be happy. So, feeding it, taking it to the bathroom, and playing with it are a necessity for a virtual pet to be happy.
What is more, you never really know when your kids are mature enough to have a real pet of their own, so it’s better to put them to a test first. These apps are probably the best way to do so. Just check your child’s virtual pet every day to see if it’s fed, clean and happy, and it will be a lot easier to make a decision.
Parents worldwide are practically thrown into the fire of raising the first generation of children who have the whole internet at the tip of their fingers. Just like it’s always been, there is no perfect recipe and no one can really tell you what to do to raise your kids properly in the digital age. However, make sure to do your research before you say no to something because it might actually be an incredibly good and useful thing.
Peaksel D.O.O. is a digital media company located in Nis, Serbia. We specialise in creating, publishing and marketing of mobile games and apps for Android, iOS and Windows devices. Most of our projects are performed solely by our team in all respects – from getting ideas to marketing finished products. Equipped with fast learning skills, hard work and successful teamwork, we manage to be on top of the game.
Author url: https://peaksel.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Capital Homesteading for Kids Interested in Going to College
- Teach Your Child Robotics For Kids
- TEEN ENTREPRENEUR: 4 Ways to Guide your Teenager to Success
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller