Is Video Marketing right for you and where should you use it?
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published June 28, 2017
- Word count 802
Why Video Marketing Garners Great Results for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs
Video marketing is a hot topic for us lately and for good reason.
Online marketing is a dynamic business but not always unpredictable. For years now we’ve seen consistent trends that indicate certainties such as users are used to watching ads while browsing the internet and now more than ever those videos influence their purchasing habits.
To help those on the fence with regards to their own video marketing we’ve put together a list of answers to commonly asked questions.
Is video marketing expensive?
Video marketing is only as expensive as the budget you’re working with. There are lots of ways to create effective videos that don’t cost you anything other than your time. You won’t be butting heads with industry leaders right away and as your marketing efforts help grow your business so should you grow the budget.
When it comes to making your videos focus on the value of the content over the presentation. Getting too creative can be a bad thing if it limits your ability to convey your message.
Where should you use video marketing?
- Include video in your page content
A study by Mist showed that having video on your landing page increased your chances of being found on page 1 for your targeted key phrases by 53%.
Having a page 1 SERP listing is a challenge and if you’re in a highly competitive industry where a conversion is highly valuable then it becomes a constant struggle against your competitors.
Increasing your page 1 rank chances by 53% makes a strong case for including video in your online marketing
Whether your summarize in a talking head style video or use Power Point to create a slide show video having that in your content is a great way to make the most of your video marketing.
- Include video with your blog posts
You spend a lot of time on your blog posts and the content can have just as much value as a landing page. Why not include the info as a video and increase the chances of that information reaching more people?
When you create blog content that users love they link to it in their own content marketing. Anyone marketing online knows the value of a strong link from a reputable website.
SEO authority moz.com found that by providing a video along with the blog’s text and images you expand your reach by 3X and that means 3X the users and 3X the link earning.
Should video marketing replace your blog?
Generally no but it should be made a part of it. While online videos represent 69% of all global consumer online traffic in 2017 and 69% is obviously not a number you can ignore that’s not to say your industry is necessarily on the high end of the trend towards video.
It’s likely still trending that way but don’t let it override your established efforts. User’s expectations and habits vary per industry and niche within so add it to what you’re doing rather than switching over all together.
How do you know if video marketing is right for you?
The easy answer is it most likely is but to be sure its good to test the waters.
Try some A/B testing between pages and posts and see how your engagement is with your users. You likely won’t affect your rank too much with just 1 video so check your Google Analytics to evaluate the performance.
Additionally for further insight you can also utilize the analytics from social platforms you share the content through. Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and YouTube all have their own stats you can review to see how well your content did once you added a video.
You can even reuse old content by adding a video and sharing it again. Then look at the first round of marketing’s stats vs. the stats after you added your video.
Bonus tip for marketing videos towards women
Marketing to women? A recent study by adeliestudios.com found 83% of Moms turn to the Internet when they need answers.
It makes sense that if the answer to any question a busy mom may ask is on your website then you should have an answer that’s easy to receive. And that means including video with your content.
Someone in a rush who wants an easy answer could really be assisted by having that answer in a quick, user friendly format.
Adding a video that covers the answer you have in your content could easily mean the difference between a click back and a new lead so make sure you have a video option if you are in a position to answer something a Mom might need a quick answer to.
Susan Friesen is the founder of eVision Media, a boutique web development and Digital Marketing firm of over 15 years that specializes in designing, building and marketing professional, unique websites for entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations.
Visit www.ultimatewebsiteguide.ca and grab your FREE "Ultimate Guide to Improving Your Website's Profitability - 10 Critical Questions You Must Ask to Get Maximum Results".Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research