4 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Listing With An Agent In San Jose
- Author Madhan Kumar
- Published July 13, 2017
- Word count 484
Selling your San Jose house through an agent? Make sure you read this blog post that reveals 4 mistakes you should avoid when listing when an agent in San Jose…
If you’re looking to sell your San Jose house, or if you’re an agent who is selling houses in San Jose then here are 4 mistakes you should avoid when listing when an agent in San Jose…
First, Don’t Assume That You Can Sell Right Away
The market varies and can even shift from one day to the next, depending on a number of factors. So make sure you set realistic timelines about how long it will take to sell.
If you are a seller, assume it will take months for the sales process to be completed – from fixing up the house to showing buyers to negotiating to setting a closing date to moving out. If you are an agent, be careful not to over-promise a timeline to your sellers – set their expectations.
Second, Don’t Assume That The Asking Price Will Be The Selling Price
Mistakes you should avoid when listing with an agent. The asking price is the starting point in the sales process – it establishes what a seller wants to sell for.
If you are a seller, realize that the actual selling price might be different than the asking price. If you’re an agent, make sure you explain this to your sellers.
Third, Don’t Assume All The Money Goes Right Into Your Pocket
Some people make the mistake of assuming that the selling price (minus anything they owe on their mortgage) is pure profit. But this is not true.
If you are a seller, make sure you know that there will be agent commissions, closing costs, and other fees you’ll have to pay. If you’re a real estate agent, make sure you explain to your customers.
Fourth, Don’t Assume That The First Offer Will Go Through
Buyers often make offers and then discover that they can’t get financing for some reason.
If you are a seller, be prepared to have one or two buyers fall through before a buyer can be found. If you’re a real estate agent, prepare your sellers ahead of time by explaining this so they can be ready in case it happens.
Whether you’re a property owner looking to sell, or you’re a real estate agent who is representing sellers, these are 4 common mistakes that can happen during the sales process – so make sure you’re aware of them.
Are you thinking about selling? Are you an agent who is representing sellers?
We are real estate professionals who would love to connect with you and see how we can work together for a win/win scenario. Call our office at 408-890-7389 or visit Fortune Homes LLC and get in touch by filling out the form.
There are no posted comments.
- Home Loans for Bad Credit in Australia
- Consolidating Your Debts is a Solution to Multiple Debt Problems
- Can I still get a Home Loan after Bankruptcy in Australia?
- A Guide to Non Conforming Lenders for “Out of the Box” Lending Scenarios
- Non Conforming Home Loans in Australia
- Your Guide for Debt Consolidation Loans in Australia
- Will Australian banks lend money for tax debt?
- Non Bank Lenders in Australia
- Home Loans – Bank vs. Non Banks
- Debt – Taking Control of your Financial Situation
- Your Guide to Commercial Property Finance in Australia
- Guidelines to Fix Bad Credit Effectively Through Dispute
- Guidelines for obtaining 95% LVR Mortgage Loans in Australia
- What You need to know about Investment Property Financing in Australia
- Understanding Different Types of Land Titles in Australia
- How Does Off The Plan Property Purchase Work in Australia
- Capital Gains Tax on Property in Australia – Your Quick Guide
- What Housing Options are Available in Australia
- Your Guide to Vacant Land Loans in Australia
- A Guide for First Home Buyers in Australia
- A Guide to Property Valuations
- Your Guide to Being a Property Investor in Australia
- What do Lenders Consider when Assessing Your Home Loan Application?
- When is the right time to Refinance My Home Loan?
- Tips to Buying a New Home Off the Plan in Australia
- Home Loans for Doctors and Other Medical Professionals
- Your Guide to Finding the Right Investment Property
- Alt Doc Home Loans for the Self Employed Australian
- Will Real Estate Prices Drop In 2022 Australia?
- Can you buy a house with bad credit?