4 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Listing With An Agent In San Jose
- Author Madhan Kumar
- Published July 13, 2017
- Word count 484
Selling your San Jose house through an agent? Make sure you read this blog post that reveals 4 mistakes you should avoid when listing when an agent in San Jose…
If you’re looking to sell your San Jose house, or if you’re an agent who is selling houses in San Jose then here are 4 mistakes you should avoid when listing when an agent in San Jose…
First, Don’t Assume That You Can Sell Right Away
The market varies and can even shift from one day to the next, depending on a number of factors. So make sure you set realistic timelines about how long it will take to sell.
If you are a seller, assume it will take months for the sales process to be completed – from fixing up the house to showing buyers to negotiating to setting a closing date to moving out. If you are an agent, be careful not to over-promise a timeline to your sellers – set their expectations.
Second, Don’t Assume That The Asking Price Will Be The Selling Price
Mistakes you should avoid when listing with an agent. The asking price is the starting point in the sales process – it establishes what a seller wants to sell for.
If you are a seller, realize that the actual selling price might be different than the asking price. If you’re an agent, make sure you explain this to your sellers.
Third, Don’t Assume All The Money Goes Right Into Your Pocket
Some people make the mistake of assuming that the selling price (minus anything they owe on their mortgage) is pure profit. But this is not true.
If you are a seller, make sure you know that there will be agent commissions, closing costs, and other fees you’ll have to pay. If you’re a real estate agent, make sure you explain to your customers.
Fourth, Don’t Assume That The First Offer Will Go Through
Buyers often make offers and then discover that they can’t get financing for some reason.
If you are a seller, be prepared to have one or two buyers fall through before a buyer can be found. If you’re a real estate agent, prepare your sellers ahead of time by explaining this so they can be ready in case it happens.
Whether you’re a property owner looking to sell, or you’re a real estate agent who is representing sellers, these are 4 common mistakes that can happen during the sales process – so make sure you’re aware of them.
Are you thinking about selling? Are you an agent who is representing sellers?
We are real estate professionals who would love to connect with you and see how we can work together for a win/win scenario. Call our office at 408-890-7389 or visit Fortune Homes LLC and get in touch by filling out the form.
There are no posted comments.
- How To Pay Off Your Mortgage in 5-7 Years
- How To Remove a Bankruptcy From Your Credit History
- What Credit Score Will Get You A Mortgage?
- What are CAP rates (and why should I care)?
- Exactly how to Select the most effective and also Right Billing Factoring Company?
- How to remove your name from debt review
- How to Choose the Right Mortgage
- How To Find The Right Texas Mortgage Lender
- How a Mortgage Lender Can Help You
- 5 Things To Expect When Meeting with An Investor
- Remortgaging- is it the best option?
- How to Create Marketable Commercial Mortgage Notes
- Here’s How Debt Consolidation Can Help You
- Home Loan Programs: How Recent Medical School Graduates Can Qualify
- VA Home Loan Programs: How Veterans in Need Can Benefit
- The 30-Second Trick for Australia Mortgages
- Reap Huge Benefits from USDA Home Loans
- Many Benefits of Veteran Loans
- All You Need To Know About HUD 184
- Are House Prices Canada's New Successful Birth Control?
- FHA Lowers the Monthly Mortgage Premiums - Should You Refinance Your FHA Loan?
- Credit Card Basics: How and When to Use Them
- Who Can Benefit from an Offset Mortgage?
- Top 7 Tips for Buy to Let Mortgages
- Over One-Third of Income Spent on Mortgages or Rent in Many Households
- Tips for Mortgages
- Basics of How to Compare Loans: Understanding Index and Margin in Adjustable-Rate Mortgage Loans
- Analyzing the Terms and Conditions for a Mortgages Comparison
- How to Maximize the Way You Use Your Visa Credit Card