How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- Author Chelsey Bullock
- Published October 18, 2017
- Word count 415
For many troubled teens, turning to art may be a better language to communicate than talking. Creating art, videography, and music is a different therapeutic approach that appeals to teens as a way to express their current emotions and world. Their self-esteem and understanding soars when their project is finished. Art, videography, and music have many benefits in helping troubled teens.
A safe outlet: Instead of teens turning to other negative ways to express their anger and emotion, they can focus their attention on something that shines a positive light with a reward of accomplishment at the end. The art project gives the troubled teen something to look forward to on a daily basis, at which they can express their current emotions if needed.
A sense of control: The opportunity to use art as therapy gives the teen a sense of control. They are given the materials and allowed to craft their piece without someone making them do it a certain way. They may be given a topic like "make a video of the most important person in your life," but that's it. They are able to use their ideas and feelings.
Express interests: Art, videography, and music are all ways for teens to express their interests. Their projects helps other around to understand who they are and what they are currently going through. It helps break-through to troubled teens that usually are not up to share in any other way.
Discovers underlying thoughts and feelings: As a professional, a therapist conducting the art project may notice underlying thoughts and feelings of the troubled teen. A simple art project may save your teen from hurting themselves or using other mechanisms for relief. It provides an avenue for self-expression for those who find it difficult to share their inner emotional feelings.
Less of a direct focus: Art therapy is less invasive. Troubled teens struggle with expressing themselves, especially in certain situations. Given the opportunity to use art for therapy, instead of standard therapy sessions, teens will not feel pressured to share their thoughts verbally.
Art, videography, and music therapy all help support and enhance emotional growth, increase motivation, improve self-image, and gives a sense of identity. It is a healthy and positive outlet for all troubled teens to express and heal. If you are looking for art or music therapy programs for your troubled teen, look no further, at West Ridge Academy there are a wide range of art and music programs perfect for your teen.
If you're looking for a help program for a troubled teen West Ridge Academy is here to help. They have provided counseling for struggling youth for many years.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training