7 Keys to Sticking to Your Goals and Achieving Anything
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published February 13, 2018
- Word count 588
Change is hard. That's why there aren't thousands of self-help books telling people the secrets to change.
But why is change so difficult and what can you do to make it easier?
Here are seven tips to keep you inspired and moving forward towards your goals.
- Create a New Belief
Before you see change in your outer world, you need to start with change in your inner world. Who do you need to be and what do you need to believe about yourself to make this goal happen?
Create an affirmation around the positive change you want to see. Here are some examples:
I AM making a difference in the lives of 1000’s of people across the world.
I AM a sought-after (fill in the blank) and thought-leader.
Say your affirmations in the morning and at night and watch the transformation take place!
- Break Big Goals into Smaller Achievable Steps
While it's great to have crazy big goals it can also leave you frustrated.
That's why it's important to break your goals down into smaller bite-sized actions. Smaller goals will give you a sense of progress and being achievable which keeps you motivated.
Break them down into tasks with a time frame. That way you can check them off as you complete each task and feel more accomplished.
- Schedule Time to Work on Goals
If your goals are your top priority it only makes sense to schedule time on your calendar dedicated to achieving them.
I know you must work IN your business, but reaching goals means time is needed to work ON your business. Block out time to work solely on tasks that help you achieve your goal.
Guard that time carefully. Success requires dedicated time to put yourself first.
- Get Support
Have someone to be your cheerleader who can keep you focused and on track. Join an online support group. Hire a coach or mentor. Tell your best friend or spouse what you intend to do.
Support will hold you accountable, keep you motivated, and help you when you feel stuck.
- Celebrate Small Wins
If you are putting in hard work remember to acknowledge your efforts and progress. Find an exciting way to reward yourself when you reach certain benchmarks.
Do you want a pedicure? Want a movie night? What about treating yourself to a nice massage? Find a reward that truly motivates you to put in the work and make it happen.
- Visualize Your Goal-Completed Rewards
Many athletes will tell you the secret to winning the game or achieving that record is to visualize them accomplishing it first.
When you see yourself achieving the goal in your mind it puts the power of your subconscious to work for you. You'll spot the resources and opportunities that are available to support you.
Seeing it in your mind first is believing. Once you own that vision of your success you are half way there to achieving it.
- Gear Up
Get the tools, support and information you need to complete your goal.
Do you need to get your business branding done or a new website built? Should you hire a new team member?
Whatever your goal is there is a book you can read, a course you can take, or someone you can talk to that will enable you to move you forward. Invest in what you need to make it happen.
Whatever goals you have set for the new year, I wish you the greatest of success in creating a work and life you love!
Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media, is a Web Specialist, Business & Marketing Consultant, and Social Media Advisor. She works with entrepreneurs who struggle with having the lack of knowledge, skill and support needed to create their online business presence.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- A Picture With Words: The Simple Living Biography Of Our Love Life
- Retaining Memories of Moments with your Baby through Picture with Words
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- Tricks to run ESO as smooth as possible
- Shipping to Brazil: New Tax ID regulations
- Why Should Your Business Use Same Day Delivery Services?
- Some Challenges and Roadblocks faced by E-Commerce Startups in 2020
- A new technology based on Image Recognition is revolutionizing eCommerce
- A Quick Buying Guide to Understand What To Look For in a Tray
- 8 Common Dropshipping Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
- Considering Kel-F ® PCTFE within Plastic Fasteners?
- What Is the Best Alternative to Facebook Ads for Dropshipping Businesses?
- How to make a Wrap Sleeve box for Packaging
- Checkpoints to Convert Your Web Site into a Marketplace?
- 5 Products to Avoid Dropshipping at All Costs
- How to Avoid the Facebook Ban When Dropshipping
- Your 3-Step Guide to Increase Sales with Seasonal Marketing
- Should We Focus on Aesthetics or UX When Designing an Ecommerce Website?
- Why Social Media is necessary for an Ecommerce Venture?
- Discover Hot Selling Toys and Hobby Products Online
- Ways to optimise an eCommerce store
- How to create your own brand with Chinese products
- How to track a package from China and be sure to receive it
- How to dropship with WordPress, the simple step by step guide.