Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Author Walker Ward
- Published July 6, 2018
- Word count 373
Each child has a unique way of learning. The three learning modalities are the sensory channels we use to obtain and process information. Visual learners process information best with pictures and diagrams; these children learn best seeing things. Auditory learners learn best by listening and discussing things. Kinesthetic learners learn best with a hands on approach. Most children learn through all three learning modalities.
Temperament theory states that all people differ in their interests, attitudes, judgments, and perceptions. This greatly affects how we want to learn, what we want to learn, and the way we learn. When a parent learns what their child temperament style is, they can plan out how to effectively teach their child. There are four temperament styles: where the attention is focused, how information is acquired, how decisions are made, and work habits and lifestyle. The child is either extroverted or introverted, which means either focusing on outside objects, people events or inner world of ideas. The child is either sensing, which means the child acquires information from the senses (concrete and present) or intuition, which focuses on insight, inspiration, future, and possibility. The child either makes decisions based on logical analysis and cause and effect (thinking) or on personal values and the affect on the self (feeling). Lastly, the child prefers their life to be orderly and structured (judging) or spontaneous and flexible (perceiving).
Howard Gardner, originator of multiple intelligences, defines seven kinds of intelligence. Most children have strengths in two or three of them and need work on the rest. One kind of intelligence is verbal/linguistic, which is speaking and reading. Another type of intelligence is logical/mathematical, which is concepts and abstract patterns. Another kind of intelligence is visual/special which is thinking in images, pictures, shapes, and colors. Another kind of intelligence is musical, such as rhythm, pitch, melody and harmony. Another type of intelligence is bodily/kinesthetic, which is touch, making, and doing. And yet another type of intelligence is interpersonal, which is relating and cooperating with people. Last but not least is intrapersonal, which is independence and self-motivation.
Learning how your child perceives the world around him/her and learns will allow you to maximize their intellectual strengths and teach them effectively.
Learn how to easily and quickly teach a child how to read. Give Your Child The Most Important Skill In Life - Reading. https://howtoteachachildhowtoread.blogspot.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller
- Modern Childhood: Are Virtual Pets a Game Changer?
- Children's Learning Toys Guide
- How to Make Sure Your Baby Ready for Potty Training