Home Schooling Six to Eight Year Olds
- Author Walker Ward
- Published July 13, 2018
- Word count 430
Whether a child has been to an institutionalized school or has been home schooled forever, many six to eight year olds enjoy learning. As a parent, understanding how your child learns, which temperament is their strongest, and what type of intelligence they excel in will greatly assist in the teaching/learning process. Six to eight year olds learn best when they are having fun. Reading to the child is essential to their learning experience. Read about a variety of subjects, such as animals, mystery, history, fantasy, classics, and adventures. Visit the library often and see what they offer. Some offer reading and art classes or other activities. Purchasing a phonics book will dramatically help your child to understand how words are phonetically read out loud.
Another lesson for this age group is writing skills. Although the child may have difficulty writing, they certainly can talk up a storm. Scribing for your child as they tell a story is a great way for them to see it written down. Have them draw pictures by the words that you have written for them. Narration is also a great tool to learning language skills. Read to your child and have them repeat in their own words what the story was about. Remember to keep all these lessons fun and stress free. Children learn at their own pace as long as there is daily practice there is nothing to worry about.
When working with arithmetic, try to incorporate a lot of real life situations, such as cooking, or trips to the grocery store, etc. Science is another subject that is learned best in its natural setting. Read about snakes and then go to a zoo to see some. Name all the animals at the zoo and then write about it later. See how many different birds are outside your home and try to name them. The hands on approach is often the easiest way to learn. Walk on the beach and name all the animals, hike in the mountains and notice the different landscapes, collect specimens, notice changing seasons, the world is a learning experience.
In addition, parents want to teach their children responsibility and accountability with household chores. This is an excellent way for child to learn that they are capable and that they are needed in the family.
Overall, children in this age group enjoy combining research with creative projects, such as crafts, costumes, foods, reports, place setting, home decorations, music, and imagination play. With every activity, each subject can be incorporated easily. A purchased curriculum is not necessary, learning is inevitable.
Learn how to easily and quickly teach a child how to read. Give Your Child The Most Important Skill In Life - Reading. https://howtoteachachildhowtoread.blogspot.com.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Capital Homesteading for Kids Interested in Going to College
- Teach Your Child Robotics For Kids
- TEEN ENTREPRENEUR: 4 Ways to Guide your Teenager to Success
- 5 Tips To Choose Child Insurance
- 21 Congratulations Messages On New Born Baby Boy
- John Deere Ride-On Toys for Children Manufacturing Peg Perego
- Benefits and Features of Parental Remote Control Ride on Cars for Your Child
- Choosing the Best Ride-On Toy for Your Toddler
- The Importance of Riding Toy Phase Tricycles
- Construction Ride On Toys for Kids
- 5 Amazing Benefits of Ride-On Toys for Kids
- 5 Ways Push And Walking Toys Can Help Your Baby
- An Open Letter to Young People
- Best 10 Essential Items You Need To Buy Before Bringing Your Baby Home
- The Benefits of Spring Camp - Why Sending Your Kid To The Camp Is A Good Idea
- Application of Coloring Books in Children's Education
- How to make your child's sneakers look like new
- Home Schooling Nine to Twelve Year Olds and Socialization
- Home Schooling Three to Five Year Olds and Legal Requirements
- Home School: Teaching Your Child
- Why Homeschool Your Child
- How Can an Experienced Family Law Lawyer Help in a Custody Situation
- Three Key Considerations When Buying a Toy Chest
- How Creating Art, Videography, and Music Helps Troubled Teens
- How can Residential Treatment help Teens Turn Their Live's Around
- Amateur in the Kitchen
- The 4 Unique Ways That Playing a Musical Instrument Can Modify Your Child’s Brain For Success
- Fort Worth Child Custody Lawyer Explains Texas Parenting Plan
- Get Back in Shape With a Baby Jogger Stroller