6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular
- Author Alice Malik
- Published March 3, 2019
- Word count 838
- Become a source of unique information
The reader always lacks unique and original content. The Internet is littered with repetitions: the same texts are rewritten hundreds of times, the same thoughts are spoken in dozens of texts. Sometimes almost verbatim. And you, for certain, can tell about something special and your personal experience is not similar to the experience of other people. For example, you are interested in a particular narrow topic (say, homeschooling, children's camps, or homemade ice cream recipes), but all the texts you’ve come across seem insufficiently detailed, shallow, or even empty. Since you are sure that your words will not be just a repetition of truths already beaten on the Internet, feel free to start a blog.
- Talk about personal
A blog is your own platform for presenting your opinion, this is your personal office, your parliamentary tribune. This embassy is named after you on our site. The reader of the blog expects from you not only facts but also your opinion - your experiences, doubts, beliefs, fears. Any thesis, any advice will sound brighter and will be remembered better if it is supported by a personal story.
- Make the blog thematic.
Your blog may become popular, and perhaps even the main source of information on a particular topic. If you, for example, are passionate about the issue of gender stereotypes in the upbringing of children, then your blog may contain reasoning and notes on this topic, news, personal stories, photos and materials of other genres. If the reader understands what to expect from your blog, he will return there again and again. If you feel the strength and desire to write about a variety of things, think about how your blog may differ from others. For example, sharpness and unchanging irony. Then the reader will come to you not for a specific topic, but for your author's style.
- Determine who your reader is.
It is extremely important to understand who reads you. This will give a clearer idea of what you are writing about and in which direction you should move on. Do not take this advice as a call to bend: it’s about different people who like different texts. Relatively speaking, on the subject of school canteens with students and with the city administration, you will most likely speak in different ways. Think what books and articles your reader has already read. Which terms and surnames are familiar to him, and which - it is better to clarify. The desire to please absolutely everything is a very dangerous trap. You can lose one part of the readers and never find another.
- Make text easy to read.
Here are the main common problems:
Illiteracy. Sometimes even high-quality text with brilliant ideas can irritate the reader if there are too many errors. We do not call for spelling and punctuation fanaticism, but once again check the text before publication does not hurt anyone.
Wrong title. The title should be as informative as possible, but at the same time capacious, concisely reflect the essence of the notes, and most importantly - "cling". The reader will never know what you wrote inside if the title does not attract attention. Be bold, provoke, do not be afraid to play with words. But do not replay. Never allow the heading to be inconsistent with the content of the text. Do not be fooled by your reader. Once you make such a mistake, you risk losing his trust forever.
Long sentences. Usually, bloggers are advised not to imitate Leo Tolstoy’s canonical one in this regard, but we’re original and suggest at least not trying to repeat the experience of Viktor Pelevin’s Water Tower (the story is written in one sentence - Ed.).
Lack of structure. The text should not come up to the reader with one huge hopeless mass. Break it into blocks, chapters, paragraphs, make up names for them (or at least separate them from each other), break them with photos and/or pictures.
Abuse of dots, exclamation marks, and question marks. In the first case, you will show inappropriate meaning, in the second and third - you risk to appear overly enthusiastic and emotional.
- Do not be shy and do not be afraid
Do not be afraid that someone will question your right to speak, because it implies the very idea of creating a blogging platform. Of course, someone may not agree with you, and this is absolutely normal. If absolutely everyone agrees with you, it most likely means that you wrote a brilliant text or not a lot of people read you.
Do not be afraid to publish under your own name. If you are in trouble with conscience and write sincerely, there is no apparent reason not to indicate your name under your own thoughts.
Do not be afraid that a blog may take you too much time. When you start a blog, you do not sign an agreement with anyone that cannot be terminated.
The article was written by Alice Malik, a content manager of BestAdvisor site. More articles can be found via the following link: https://www.bestadvisor.com/how-to/jbl-flip-4-vs-jbl-charge-3-make-the-right-choiceArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
- Local SEO Services – Boost Your Business Locally with Effective SEO Strategies
- How AI Can Help Automate and Improve Keyword Research
- AI Uses to Generate Written Content
- The Ultimate AZ-900 Azure Fundamentals Study Guide
- Unlock Your Creativity with Google Bard: An LLM Chatbot Tool
- The Pitfall of a 'Woke' Chat GPT and Why Elon Musk's xAI Could Be the Game Changer
- What is the Best Blogging Platform?
- What are the Best Free WordPress Plugins?
- How to Choose the Best Niche for Your WordPress Blog
- 10 Tips for Maintaining a Successful WordPress Blog
- What are The Most Important Pages to Include on Your New Website?
- How to Make Money by Creating a Content-Filled Website
- What are the 7 Things to Avoid at All Costs with WordPress Blogging?
- What are the Secrets of Writing Killer Blog Posts?
- What are Common Sense Guidelines for Using WordPress?
- How to Optimize and Speed Up Your WordPress Blog
- What Makes WordPress an Incredibly Powerful Blogging System?
- What Are the 10 Scariest Things About WordPress Blogging?
- How is WordPress the Best Choice for a Website?
- What Do You Need to Know About WordPress Security?
- How To Be More Successful At Blogging To Make Money
- How to Use a Security Checklist to Help Keep Your Blog Safe From Hackers
- What are the Best Reasons to Use WordPress?
- What Does Blogging Mean?
- What are the Best Ways to Promote Your Blog?
- What are the Best Ways to Optimize Your WordPress Blog for SEO?
- What are 7 Proven Ways to Make Money with WordPress Blogging?
- Why You Should Backup Your WordPress Blog?
- What are the WordPress Hacks That Every Blogger Should Know?
- What are the Steps to Setting Up Your Blog?