5 Benefits of Smiling
- Author Wayne Beavers
- Published June 14, 2019
- Word count 487
We smile when taking a picture, when we see a good friend, or when a cute cat video comes up in our social media feed, but we should smile much more than that. In fact, there is scientific evidence that smiling is good for your physical and mental health and has a big impact on the way people perceive you.
In other words: don’t hide your pearly whites, a simple smile is a powerful thing! But don't take this from anyone. Take this from our dentist office in Cary.
But if you’re not comfortable smiling because of dental issues, you’re not reaping those benefits like you should be. If your smile makes you feel self-conscious, let Beavers Dentistry, your Cary family dentist, help. We can work with you to make sure your smile is one you can be proud of.
When you’re proud of your smile, it’ll show and you’ll start reaping these benefits of smiling!
Top 5 Benefits of Smiling More
- Smiling elevates your mood & makes you feel good
In addition smiling just feeling good, it actually signals your brain to release stress-reducing neuropeptides and mood-boosting neurotransmitters like dopamine, serotonin, and endorphins that make you feel better.
- Smiling reduces stress
Those neuropeptides your brain releases when you smile helps to reduce stress! Smiling during stressful situations can also help your heart rate return to normal faster and lower your blood pressure, further reducing the stress on your body. Taking a minute to smile during a stressful situation sends those signals to your brain, helping you reap the benefits of smiling even when you don’t feel happy.
- Smiling is contagious
You’ve probably heard this your entire life and the classic song is a reminder that "when you’re smiling, the whole world smiles with you." Smiling lightens the mood in a room, leaving others feeling more relaxed. And the part of your brain that controls the facial expression of smiling is an unconscious automatic response area, meaning that smiling can be an entirely unconscious action. (Notice that you never have to teach babies to smile, they just know how!) When people see you smiling, they usually respond with a smile, whether or not it’s a conscious action.
- Smiling makes you look younger
The muscles we use to smile are also the muscles that lift the face. And why do people get facelifts? To look younger! Try smiling a little more throughout the day and we bet you’ll look and feel younger.
- Smiling makes you look more confident, relaxed, and sincere
People are drawn to people that smile because they appear more confident, relaxed, and approachable than those with neutral or negative expressions. This can have a huge impact on your personal and professional relationships. Next time you’re in an important meeting or spending time with a loved one, try smiling a little more and see the effects!
Wayne Beavers is a dentist at Beavers Dentistry in Cary, NC. He provides family dentistry services at his practice.http://articlebiz.com
- Factors that inhibit the popularity of Forex in numerous countries
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- What Makes a Good All Around Stand Up Paddle Board?
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Street Dogs in Nepal | Animal Welfare Nepal | Oxsa Nepal
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Us Against Them
- How to accurately cost estimate projects
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Best Ping Pong Table Indoor & Outdoor Reviews 2020
- Step By Step Guide To Write A Good Research Proposal
- How To Write A Super Resume In 2020
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- Belle Delphine Bathwater
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Considerable Factors of Zachary Levi, The Famous Actor
- Developing Good Habits
- 5 Languages of Appreciation
- How To Pick The Right University For You
- Why Should You Opt For A Postnuptial Agreement?
- The Iconic LBD Little Black Dress