What to visit in Marrakech?
- Author Atmane Chnayti
- Published June 26, 2019
- Word count 716
WHAT PLACES TO VISIT IN MARRAKECH?
1- Bahia Palace
Visiting Marrakech without visiting its magnificent palace is impossible! A former nineteenth century palace of eight hectares, the Bahia Palace is one of the masterpieces of Moroccan architecture and Islamic art, one of the major monuments of the country's cultural heritage, and one of the main places of tourism in Morocco!
2- Palm grove of Marrakech
The Palmeraie of Marrakech has more than 100,000 trees on about 15,000 hectares, mainly palm trees as well as a production of dates and a vegetable garden. It is a natural and tourist heritage well known in Morocco that you must absolutely do if you come to visit Marrakech. In addition, it is possible to explore this place during a camel ride or time for a quad ride!
3- The Majorelle Garden
The Majorelle Garden is one of the most visited sites in Morocco! This place was created by the French painter Jacques Majorelle, who took nearly 40 years to complete his "work". The garden contrasts sharply with the rest of the city, and one sometimes has the impression of evolving in a living tableau. The colors of the buildings and earthenware mingle with the exotic plants, and give the whole a haunting charm.
4- The Ourika Valley
30 km from Marrakech, treat yourself to a bit of authenticity and nature in the Ourika Valley. Time for a hike, lose yourself in its mesmerizing landscapes made of glowing mountains and expanses of lush vegetation ...
5- The Koutoubia Mosque
The Koutoubia mosque was built in the 12th century, in the heart of the Medina. With its 77 meter high minaret and sober yet elegant architecture, it is now considered the symbol of Marrakech. It has impressive dimensions and can accommodate up to 20,000 worshipers in the Great Hall of Prayer.
6- The Atlas Mountains
A few hours drive from Marrakech, the Ourika Valley in the Moroccan High Atlas is a real sight to see. The temperature can drop, so bring a little sweater or jacket and take your best walking shoes. The path in the mountain is rocky, you will cross small bridges over the rivers flowing on the slopes of the mountain. The view from the mountains is superb and well worth a day trip.
7- Jemaa el-Fna square
Traditional place and nerve center of Marrakech, the place Jemaa el-Fna seduces all travelers who venture there. Singers meet snake charmers, dancers and fortune tellers ... A must-go that will not cost you a dime!
8- Menara Gardens
What to do in Marrakech when you want to escape the tumult of the city? Between basins and olive trees, it is in the gardens of Menara that you can come and relax. Set in the Almoahade dynasty, they are about 45 minutes' walk from Jemaa el-Fna Square in central Marrakech.
HOW TO CIRCULATE IN MARRAKECH?
1- The bus
Regular bus lines from the ALSA company allow you to reach cities located a few dozen kilometers from Marrakech.
For longer distances, different providers offer trips to Essaouira, Safi, Agadir or Ouarzazate. The two major companies, Supr @ tours and CTM are particularly effective. The first depends on the ONCF, the equivalent of the SNCF.
The bus station is located in Bab Doukkala and it is in the lobby that you can get bus tickets.
By going to taxi stations (there are several, the main ones are located next to the Koutoubia in Sidi Mimoun and Bab Doukkala), it is possible to call a taxi by agreeing beforehand with the driver on the conditions.
Taxis called "collective" offer regular lines to cities around Marrakech. Transport conditions are somewhat spartan due to sharing the taxi with other passengers and it is necessary to wait to reach the number of passengers to start.
In small groups of ten people, consisting of individuals or groups, you can discover points of interest by traveling by minibus. The service usually includes transport, but also photo stops and the visit of cooperatives. Many agencies exist in the medina and in the new city Gueliz. Make sure, however, of the durability of the company to avoid any inconvenience.
4- Car rental
The car rental agencies are numerous. Alongside international brands such as Hertz, Sixt, Avis or Europcar, Locatmane Cars, Atmane Cars, local agencies also offer this service.
There are no posted comments.
- What to See on Your Visit to Bangkok
- Just Some of the Sights You Can See on Your San Francisco Trip
- Here's What You Need to Note Before You Plan to Visit Savannah
- How to plan your Honeymoon in Maldives
- Top 7 Best Free Attractions in Singapore
- Social Distancing Activities in Killington
- trekking in nepal
- Moshe Montifiori Street Jerusalem
- Jerusalem my precious
- Botanical Gardens in the United States - NM & CA
- Exploring More Botanical Gardens Located in the United States
- Exploring Three More Botanical Gardens in the United States
- Carthage, Tunisia
- Amazing things to do in Georgia
- 10 Important Forest Reserves in Vietnam
- The 10 Best Destinations For The Motorcycle Camping In The United States
- Great Destinations for a Motorcycle Camping Trip
- 10 Facts About Ferrari World, Abu Dhabi
- Best European Places for Winter Vacations
- Best Places in Europe for New Year’s Eve
- Tips to Cool Down on Kimberley Cruises
- Considering Cruise Deals - 5 Things You Shouldn’t Do on Your First Cruise
- Fishing and Marine Life You Can Enjoy on Kimberley Cruises
- 9 Places You Should Visit In Granite Bay
- Best Places To Live In Placer County
- Top 7 Places To Visit In The Bay Area
- Tourist Attractions In Nevada County
- Top 8 Attractions Of The San Francisco Bay Area
- Escape to Greece Without Having To Take A Ferry