Tax Return Makeovers By Kenya Woodard
- Author Manuel Jones
- Published June 21, 2019
- Word count 503
January 1 means more than the start of a new year. It’s also a countdown until the end of the month when employers are mandated to send out tax forms so employees can file for their returns. That windfall of money offers a nice influx of cash that goes toward paying down debt (30 percent) or savings and investment accounts (28 percent), according to a survey by Bankrate.com.
The average tax return in Florida is roughly $2,877, not far off from the national average of $2,895, according to Business Insider. If you’re looking to use those dollars to spruce up your home, you might come up short: HomeAdvisor.com reports that the average home improvement project cost around $6,649.
But fear not! Below are some recommended upgrades that won’t break your budget:
Bathroom makeover. The busiest room in the house can look worn down over time. Fixtures fade, the mirror cracks, and grout’s stained. A quick trip to the hardware store can make the difference between a rundown commode and one that’s showroom new. Replace the faucet handles and purchase new shower accessories for fast changes. If you’re feeling adventurous, try replacing the tile or install a new sink.
Kitchen makeover. The possibilities are endless – and cheap – in this room. Like the bathroom, try switching out the faucet handles or replacing the backsplash, or installing new flooring. Or maybe it’s time to replace some appliances. Sometimes a new stove or mixer can spruce up the kitchen. But if you really want to transform this space, try replacing or repainting cabinets. Or brighten up the walls with a fresh coat of white or yellow paint.
Living room. New flooring can be installed relatively cheaply here. If the furniture is a bit rundown, try slipping on covers and throw blankets for a like-new feel. Rebricking or paneling over the fireplace – the centerpiece of the room – can add an instant and highly visible improvement. Install new window blinds, paint a feature wall, or transform a corner into a cozy reading nook also are easy changes.
Bedroom makeover. If the room dedicated to sleep and comfort looks like anything but in your house, a few easy fixes include painting a feature wall, changing out the blinds, or adding a new bedspread. But if you want to step it up, try installing a new closet layout, creating a new bed frame, or upgrading the ceiling fan.
Patio. Perhaps the biggest change you can make in this area is adding a gazebo. But don’t stop there! A new patio set works nicely here too, as does new lighting, and a new grill. If you really want to go all out, try some light re-landscaping including sodding or seeding patchy areas of grass, adding lighted pathways, and planting bushes and shrubbery.
Of course, if you need assistance with any of the above projects, visit J Edwards Construction Grup at www.jedwardsconstruction.net or call us at (727) 263-0789 and speak with someone today about your home improvement needs.
Of course, if you need assistance with any of the above projects, visit J Edwards Construction Grup at www.jedwardsconstruction.net or call us at (727) 263-0789 and speak with someone today about your home improvement needs.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Avoiding the flood — tax issues with water rights in agribusiness
- Social security benefits for a family (COVID-19)
- How to use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool?
- Do you want to reduce your taxes for next year?
- Will you be responsible with your tax refund?
- Getting started with QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll in Brief
- Are DSTs Right For Your 1031 Exchange
- Why have all crypto tax attempts failed?
- Are You a Corporation? Know Why Consulting a Tax Accountant Is Vital
- Share capital or share premium for your Dutch company?
- Everything investors should know about 1031 sponsors
- Why is the income tax so high in UK?
- Should I do my own tax return?
- Get More Money Back on Your Tax Return with help from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Don’t Fall Victim to these 3 Tax Scams in 2018
- Find Out If 72(T) Penalty Free Income Is a Solution for You
- 20 Things You Should Know About The New Tax Laws
- 4 Key Reasons Why Payroll Is Necessary Within A Business
- Accounting for doctors and GP's: Basic advice & guidance
- What is Cryptocurrency and Do I Have to Claim it on My Taxes?
- Here's Why Small Businesses Should Tap Bookkeeping Services
- Tax Tips for Teachers 2018
- Tax Extensions in 2017
- What to Do After Filing a Tax Extension
- Budget 2017: How it affects you
- 5 Tips On How to Avoid Scammers This Upcoming Tax Season
- How To Get Your Solar Energy Tax Credit
- The Southbourne Tax Group: 10 Ways to Identify Accounts Payable Fraud
- The Southbourne Tax Group: 20 Ways You Can Detect Fraud