ACTIVATION OF UAN
- Author Ramya Tummala
- Published August 19, 2020
- Word count 970
Universal Account Number (UAN) is the bank account where an employee’s provident fund (EPF) transfers are performed. In many firms, salaried representatives are provided EPF as an aid that saves taxes and continues to long-called savings. Many representatives are conscious of their capital being combined to their PF collects, but not usually recognize where this capital is and how to approach it. To check PF profit, you are required to turn on your UAN first. This is an adequately simple process that you need to adhere to if you have never turned on your UAN before. Once you turn on UAN, you will be prepared to look at PF balance.
- Universal Account Number or UAN
Each employer leading to EPF carries a 12-digit Universal Account Number. The Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) designates it. The UAN of a staff member continues the same throughout growth regardless of the amount of organization he/she advances. Every moment a staff member shifts his/her work, EPFO assigns a unique member identification number (ID), which is associated with the UAN. You can present in a request for a fresh member ID by proposing the UAN to the original employer. Once the representative ID is set up, it becomes attached to the UAN of the staff member.
The UAN remains same and convenient throughout the existence of a staff member. The employee shall have a distinctive representative ID when converting between jobs. All such member IDs are hooked up to the staff member’s UAN to facilitate the transform of EPF changes and withdrawals.
- How to know your UAN
a. Through Employer
Usually, you are assigned a Universal Account Number by your organization as per the EPFO. Some companies print the UAN figure in the income slips too.
b. Through UAN Portal using PF number/member ID
If you are helpless to look at your Universal Account Number from the employer, you can receive it through the UAN portal again. You require to track the steps below:
Step 1: Reach the UAN Portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
Step 2: Get on on the tab ‘Know your UAN Status’. A new page will appear.
Step 3: Click your state and EPFO centre from the dropdown menu and begin entering your PF number/member ID along with the separate describes such as identify, date of birth, mobile number, and captcha code. You can obtain the PF number/member ID from your payroll slip. Open the tab ‘Get Authorization Pin’.
Step 4: You will get a PIN on your mobile number. Enter the PIN and get on on the ‘Validate OTP and get UAN’ dial.
Step 5: The distinct Universal Account Number of yours will be sent to the respective mobile number.
- How to activate and login to the EPFO website using UAN?
To activate UAN, you should have your Universal Account Number and PF member ID with you.
Indicated below are the ways to activate UAN on the EPFO portal:
Step 1: Move to the EPFO homepage and click on ‘For Members’ under ‘Our Services’ on the website’s dashboard.
Step 2: Get on the ‘Member UAN or Online functions’ in the services category. You will arrive at the UAN portal.
Begin with your Universal Account Figure, 10 digit mobile number and PF member ID. Type the captcha characters. Get on on the ‘Get authorization PIN’ switch. You will gain the PIN on your recorded mobile number.
Click on ‘I Acknowledge’ under the clause checkbox and begin entering the OTP that you bring in on your mobile number and click on ‘Validate OTP and Activate UAN’.
On successful UAN activation, you will obtain an identification code on your registered mobile number to approach & access your account.
- Features & benefits of UAN
The UAN number helps to centralise a staff/employee representative data in the country.
One of the most powerful uses of this exceptional number is that it forces down the bother of employee verification from enterprises and employers by EPF organisations.
This statement made it possible for EPFO to obtain the bank account details and KYC of the representative and KYC without the support of the employers.
It is appropriate for EPFO to record different job transformations of the staff member.
The early EPF withdrawals have cut down remarkably with the initiation of UAN.
- Advantages of UAN to employees
Every new PF statement with a different job will show up under the shade of a single unified book.
It is simpler to pull out (fully or partially) PF online with this unique code.
The members themselves can provide PF balance from old to new operating this unique account number.
Any day you want a PF statement by means of visa purpose, loan security, you can download any one directly – either by registering in using the representative ID or UAN or by dropping an SMS.
There is no call for new entrepreneurs to approve your profile if the UAN is already Aadhaar and KYC-check.
UAN provides that entrepreneurs cannot approach or retain the PF capital of their employees.
It is simpler for employees to establish that his/her organization is regularly depositing their improvement in the PF account.
- Documents required to open UAN
If you have just entered your first listed company for a job, you require the following documents to generate your Unique Account Number.
Bank record info: Account number, IFSC code and branch name.
ID information: Any photo-fastened and national identity cards like driving license, SSLC Book, passport, Aadhaar, and voter ID.
Address argument: A new utility bill in your mention, rental or lease negotiation, ration card or any of the ID demonstration specified above if it includes your current address.
PAN card: Your PAN should be joined to the UAN.
Aadhaar card: Since Aadhaar is joined to the bank account and mobile number, it is compulsory.
Name Of the Author: Ramya Tummala, I am Passionate Article Writer having Experience of 4 years in writing, Currently I am Working With Kanakkupillai - Company Registration Chennai & GST Registration Online In India as a BloggerArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- When Are Corporate and Personal Taxes Due in Canada in 2021?
- You Would Never Have Thought That Having Accounting Internship Could Be So Beneficial
- Focal motivations behind getting a Tax direct for Small Business Firms
- Avoiding the flood — tax issues with water rights in agribusiness
- Social security benefits for a family (COVID-19)
- How to use QuickBooks Component Repair Tool?
- Do you want to reduce your taxes for next year?
- Will you be responsible with your tax refund?
- Getting started with QuickBooks Enhanced Payroll in Brief
- Are DSTs Right For Your 1031 Exchange
- Tax Return Makeovers By Kenya Woodard
- Why have all crypto tax attempts failed?
- Are You a Corporation? Know Why Consulting a Tax Accountant Is Vital
- Share capital or share premium for your Dutch company?
- Everything investors should know about 1031 sponsors
- Why is the income tax so high in UK?
- Should I do my own tax return?
- Get More Money Back on Your Tax Return with help from the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
- Don’t Fall Victim to these 3 Tax Scams in 2018
- Find Out If 72(T) Penalty Free Income Is a Solution for You
- 20 Things You Should Know About The New Tax Laws
- 4 Key Reasons Why Payroll Is Necessary Within A Business
- Accounting for doctors and GP's: Basic advice & guidance
- What is Cryptocurrency and Do I Have to Claim it on My Taxes?
- Here's Why Small Businesses Should Tap Bookkeeping Services
- Tax Tips for Teachers 2018
- Tax Extensions in 2017
- What to Do After Filing a Tax Extension
- Budget 2017: How it affects you