Common Pitfalls of New Entrepreneurs
- Author George Katsudas
- Published July 4, 2019
- Word count 529
Although starting a small business is a new exciting step for every new business owner, it can also be an overwhelming and stressful experience. New business owners face many new challengers in the first years of owning a business, and it is not surprising that many businesses fail during this initial period.
As a new entrepreneur, it is important to take a proactive approach to prevent the potential pitfalls to increase your chances of success. Aside from not knowing how taxation works, there are other common mistakes that can lead to failure of your small business.
Here are some of the most common pitfalls to avoid as a new business owner:
#1 Poor Planning Strategy
When starting a business, it is crucial to understand the importance of a business plan and how it can contribute to the success of your business. Without having one, you may just find yourself shooting blindly in the dark. It is essential to clearly establish your business' vision and mission. It is also important to establish a detailed analysis of specific aspects of your business, such as your financial map (this should contain your budget, employee salary and other expenses).
Due to the lack of proper planning and preparation, some small businesses eventually fail as early as the first few months.
#2 Inadequate Funds
One of the biggest financial mistakes you can make as a business owner, is establishing your business while not having adequate funding. Since a newly-opened business will not immediately bring in profit, money will be a necessity to support its daily operations. As a business owner, you will incur significant costs when paying for the necessary licenses and permits, equipment, supplies, employee salaries, and legal fees and taxes. Not having enough start-up funding is one of the most common reasons half of all start-up businesses fail in the first five years.
To ensure the success of your business, make sure that you have enough funds that can act as a support system when your business is at its weakest point. Thus, prior to starting your dream business, it is advisable to assess your needs and secure an adequate amount of cash that will be able to keep your business running until it's already providing you with stable ROI.
#3 Ineffective Marketing or Promotion
In today’s fast-paced market, it is essential to keep up with the competition to avoid failure. Thus, developing an effective marketing strategy is necessary to run a successful business. With the recent advances in technology and social media which provide effective marketing platforms, successful marketing campaigns can be launched even on a small budget. Creating a good marketing strategy will help your business reach its target audience and cater to your customers’ needs.
Starting a new business is full of surprises. As a new entrepreneur, it is important to be aware of the peaks and troughs of the process to increase your chances of success.
At Knox Taxation and Business Advisory, our team of experts offer small business mentoring services in Victoria to help you succeed in starting a business in Australia. At Knox Taxation and Business Advisory, we always make sure that our clients are in good hands.
At Knox Taxation and Business Advisory we make it a point to provide quality accounting and taxation services to small-medium local businesses, property investors and individuals. - https://www.knoxtax.com.au/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to choose a Marketing Strategy for any Marketing Campaign?
- The Billionaire Guide On Startup Accelerator Program That Helps You Get Rich
- How can Marketing be done post COVID?
- Crazy for Study launches calculus solutions - Get Textbook Solutions Manual PDF
- Debt management
- 5 core personality traits that will get you a job
- Procurement - It's Methods and Process?
- Should You Renovate Your Office?
- Key Element of Medical devices management system
- Why company logo matters
- House Transpo Vice-Chairperson Cong. Carlo Gonzalez Welcomes Recommendation
- Why Is Prince2 Software So Popular With Project Managers?
- Financial Analyses Made Easy
- 5 Top Tips for Reducing Shutdown & Turnaround Times
- Top Tips for Selecting the Best Industrial Cleaning Company
- The Pros of Going Cashless in Your Business Payments
- Four Reasons to Ditch Your Paper Records
- Can’t Verify An Employee’s Social Security Number, This Will Help.
- 5 Indicators Your Maintenance Processes Need Improvement
- New Trend in accounting industry
- How to achieve effective communication as a virtual leader
- Strategic planning pillars
- 21st Century Solution for 21st Century Problems
- Must have Project Reports
- Project Leadership within Project Management
- HOW BUSINESSES NEED TO RESPOND TO COVID-19 AMIDST THE CRISIS
- How does working from home stack up with working from the office?
- An Overview of ITIL V3
- Managing the Stakeholder and Management Strategies
- Tips on Managing Your Workforce Remotely