5 things you need to consider before starting a blog
- Author Rogier Giersthove
- Published July 17, 2019
- Word count 800
- You have to pick a specific niche
Every day new blogs are being created. If you want to be successful as a blogger you’re going to have to stand out between the millions of blogs already online.
The best way to this is by picking a specific niche for which you make blog content. By focusing on a specific niche you can go more in-depth with your content and give more value which will make your blog more memorable.
People also tend to come back to your blog if they know what kind of content you create.
- You’re going to have to spend a lot of time on blogging
Creating a successful blog takes a lot of time. Just creating the blog and writing some posts every now and then isn’t going to cut. Depending on your niche you might have to write posts that are at least 1500 words every day.
You’ll also have to spend a lot of time promoting these posts especially with how many blogs there are nowadays. You’re going to have to find out where the attention is and make sure your content is seen.
Then there’s adjusting your content based on analytics, updating old content, and a lot more.
Figure out if you can put in the time needed based on your lifestyle and if you can’t how can you set aside some time to work on your blog.
- Are you willing to network with other bloggers
As an introvert, I thought blogging would be the perfect way to make money because you aren’t dealing with people. Turns out networking is a big part of becoming a successful blogger.
Having a network will help a lot when you stumble onto roadblocks, feel like quitting, or you need links from other websites.
Before I knew it I was a member of social media groups for writers, affiliate marketing communities, and emailing other bloggers trying to provide as much value as I can to create fruitful relationships.
- You’ll have to do social media marketing
As I said earlier in this post, just writing articles and posting them isn’t enough. You’re going to have to market them on multiple social channels to get exposure. Especially as a new blogger since it’ll take a while before Google will direct users to your website.
- You’ll have to learn SEO
The best way to make sure your content is being read is by creating an SEO strategy. This means creating content based on keywords people are already looking for and ranking high for them.
This means you got to learn how to optimize your content for search engines. Every successful blog does SEO which means your chances of ranking on the first page of Google is almost impossible without doing SEO.
- How are you going to monetize from your blog
Although blogging purely for fun and expression is nice I can imagine that you’d want to eventually earn some money with. It doesn’t matter if it’s full-time or part-time you’re going to have to create your blog with a method of monetizing in mind.
The way you monetize your blog will have an effect on how you set-up your blog and your content marketing strategy. While some blogs just need pages that bring in traffic and make money by having people click on ads other blogs need to focus on creating content around keywords buyers of products use and create sales pages.
- Are you willing to spend money on your blog
I’ve heard hundreds of bloggers say that blogging is the perfect way to start making money online because you don’t have to spend money.
This definitely isn’t true.
Yes. You can get free blogs under sub-domains like Wordpress but they often have limitations when it comes to earning potential.
If you’re actually serious about starting a blog you’ll at the least have to pay for hosting and a domain name. Which is probably a minimum of $40 a month. You’ll also have to invest in a keyword planner to find keywords to target your content around which is also another $40 a month.
As you can see there comes a lot with creating a blog that isn’t being mentioned by a lot of people. The steps to creating a blog are simple but that doesn’t mean it’s easy.
The process to create a successful blog might not be what you thought it was but I can say from experience it’s a journey definitely worth taking.
You’ll go through an emotional rollercoaster and there will be lows but they’re nothing compared to high you’ll get while you’re creating your blog.
Rogier Giersthove is the founder of the website Real Digital Success a website that helps people with website marketing, online conversion, and online entrepreneurship by giving tips, hacks, and product recommendations.
Find more content on: https://realdigitalsuccess.com
Also take a look at this guide I created about getting your first sale with a blog.https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Artificial intelligence is coming
- Internet of everything vs internet of things
- What Is Cybersecurity Management and Why Is It Important? - Answer Watcher
- Scope of advanced air purifier at neutralizing coronavirus in India.
- While utilizing Belkin switch which investigating steps ought to be followed for situation based blunders?
- What Does "Make Money Online" mean?
- Step-by-Step Guide: Create the Best Custom Computer
- Computer and Video Games
- Buying Backlinks for SEO - Is that bad?
- What is a session in Google Analytics?
- Who do digital marketing certification
- Surviving a Work-At-Home Environment During COVID-19 Crisis
- Top 5 Profitable Blogging NIche
- How to Use Blogging to Promote a Website
- Generate More Leads and Get Return On Investment by Using WordPress Web Site for Your Business.
- How To Write A Great Blog Post With CareerSteering
- Blog post Canada
- Steps To Create A Perfect Social Media Profile For Your Business
- Ways Guest Blogging Can Help To Increase Your SEO Rankings
- Content Marketing matter for all sizes of Businesses
- How To Unroot Android - A quick guide to unrooting with Samsung Odin
- Importance of Blog content for Every Business
- Welcome to Anthony Morrison Blog
- 6 Tips to Make Your Blog Popular
- How you can easily create article using spinner tools
- Content Writing - Why You Need It And Why You Need It Now
- Five Things to Consider in your 2019 SEO Strategies
- CIW 1D0-621 CIW Web Design Exam Question Answer
- Taking care during Monsoon Season