What Credit Score Will Get You A Mortgage?
- Author Jason Chan
- Published October 1, 2019
- Word count 253
There are several levels of mortgages. You may have heard of "subprime" from the movie The Big Short. Subprime means exactly what it says....it's below optimal conditions and they charge higher interest rates to give you a loan.
To be in the "prime" category, you will need at least a 660 FICO score to get a mortgage through a traditional lender.
If you do find yourself in the subprime area, you can take either work on your credit score, or apply to the FHA for a loan. The FHA currently has a minimum score of at least 580 for the low downpayment of 3.5%. Anything below that, you will need to put 10% down, which can be a lot of cash for folks to come up with.
Mortgage rates are tied to the "Prime" rate of the US. This is set by the government and has been at very low levels since the 2008 banking and housing crisis. That means, that money is "cheaper" to borrow, as the overall interest rates are lower for everyone.
Therefore, if you are thinking about buying a home now can be a great time to buy IF your financials are in decent shape or your credit score is close to 660 and above.
If you're thinking of buying a home soon but need to work on your credit a bit to get the best rates, contact us at Ascension Credit Services. We not only can help your credit, we work with several excellent mortgage lenders to get you the best rate possible.
Ascension Credit Services is a Dallas credit repair and restoration company. https://ascensioncreditservices.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Pay Off Your Mortgage in 5-7 Years
- How To Remove a Bankruptcy From Your Credit History
- What are CAP rates (and why should I care)?
- Exactly how to Select the most effective and also Right Billing Factoring Company?
- How to remove your name from debt review
- How to Choose the Right Mortgage
- How To Find The Right Texas Mortgage Lender
- How a Mortgage Lender Can Help You
- 5 Things To Expect When Meeting with An Investor
- Remortgaging- is it the best option?
- 4 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Listing With An Agent In San Jose
- How to Create Marketable Commercial Mortgage Notes
- Here’s How Debt Consolidation Can Help You
- Home Loan Programs: How Recent Medical School Graduates Can Qualify
- VA Home Loan Programs: How Veterans in Need Can Benefit
- The 30-Second Trick for Australia Mortgages
- Reap Huge Benefits from USDA Home Loans
- Many Benefits of Veteran Loans
- All You Need To Know About HUD 184
- Are House Prices Canada's New Successful Birth Control?
- FHA Lowers the Monthly Mortgage Premiums - Should You Refinance Your FHA Loan?
- Credit Card Basics: How and When to Use Them
- Who Can Benefit from an Offset Mortgage?
- Top 7 Tips for Buy to Let Mortgages
- Over One-Third of Income Spent on Mortgages or Rent in Many Households
- Tips for Mortgages
- Basics of How to Compare Loans: Understanding Index and Margin in Adjustable-Rate Mortgage Loans
- Analyzing the Terms and Conditions for a Mortgages Comparison
- How to Maximize the Way You Use Your Visa Credit Card