How To Remove a Bankruptcy From Your Credit History
- Author Jason Chan
- Published October 9, 2019
- Word count 387
If you have declared bankruptcy and want to rebuild your credit, it will take some time. Bankruptcy is a pretty big mark on your credit, and not one that goes away quickly.
If you're drowning in debt, declaring bankruptcy can actually be a good way to help start over and rebuild. BUT, your credit will not be good for quite some time after. This usually takes a couple of years to rebuild.
Can I Remove Bankruptcy From My Credit Report?
It's quite hard to remove a bankruptcy from your report until enough time has passed. Usually 7 to 10 years after they are declared, they "drop off" your report. You should have a "clean" credit report after that time has passed, IF you have been doing other items right, like paying bills on time, etc.
Know Your Finances!
Keep tabs on your credit reports from all 3 major bureaus, and work on raising your score. It is your legal right to dispute any and all entries on your report if they are inaccurate.
Be A Wise Borrower!
Some lenders generally don't or won't do business with you, some will. Research debt agencies who are able to work with you without taking advantage of your current situation. Also, take into account what interest rates you can afford to pay. It will be higher than you'd like, but that's just the rules of the game.
Consistently Make Payments on Time!
Last but not least, to remove bankruptcy from credit reports, constantly make payments early or on-time. Avoiding making payments late shows lenders that they can be comfortable doing business with you post-bankruptcy. Watch what you are spending and make it a priority to keep your debt to income ratio low.
For more information about how to remove bankruptcy from your credit report, contact Ascension Credit Services. We have credit repair programs that are available to help you overcome your credit situation and place you back on the path to financial success. Real credit restoration is not a one size fits all model. We tailor your needs to the right program.
We aim to get you back on track in as little as 6 months. Help is just a free phone call away or you can fill out an appointment request on our website. Contact Ascension Credit Services to schedule a free consultation today!
Ascension Credit Services is a credit repair company in Dallas. https://ascensioncreditservices.com/credit-restoration/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How Does A Property Bridging Loan Work
- Mortgage Advice - Key Tips For Working With A Mortgage Broker
- How A Good Mortgage Broker Can Make Buying A Home An Incredible Experience
- Rosbank: Rapid Digital Transformation during Quarantine
- How To Pay Off Your Mortgage in 5-7 Years
- What Credit Score Will Get You A Mortgage?
- What are CAP rates (and why should I care)?
- Exactly how to Select the most effective and also Right Billing Factoring Company?
- How to remove your name from debt review
- How to Choose the Right Mortgage
- How To Find The Right Texas Mortgage Lender
- How a Mortgage Lender Can Help You
- 5 Things To Expect When Meeting with An Investor
- Remortgaging- is it the best option?
- 4 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Listing With An Agent In San Jose
- How to Create Marketable Commercial Mortgage Notes
- Here’s How Debt Consolidation Can Help You
- Home Loan Programs: How Recent Medical School Graduates Can Qualify
- VA Home Loan Programs: How Veterans in Need Can Benefit
- The 30-Second Trick for Australia Mortgages
- Reap Huge Benefits from USDA Home Loans
- Many Benefits of Veteran Loans
- All You Need To Know About HUD 184
- Are House Prices Canada's New Successful Birth Control?
- FHA Lowers the Monthly Mortgage Premiums - Should You Refinance Your FHA Loan?
- Credit Card Basics: How and When to Use Them
- Who Can Benefit from an Offset Mortgage?
- Top 7 Tips for Buy to Let Mortgages
- Over One-Third of Income Spent on Mortgages or Rent in Many Households