Tips on Camping and Hiking
- Author Sonia Azrou
- Published January 24, 2020
- Word count 509
Camping and hiking are fun activities but if a person is not well prepared they may be dangerous. These are some camping and hiking trips to make this adventure fun and enjoyable.
Rise with the Sun
Starting the hike at sunrise is a great way to beat the crowds and get a better view of the surroundings. A person will also be able to enjoy the hike more before the sun is beating down on them. They will be able to go further when in the cooler mornings.
Hike at Night
As long as it is safe hiking at night can be a lot of fun. A person will get to see new sights and sounds. The weather will be cooler allowing a person to go further. Always bring along flashlights and be careful of any wildlife in the area.
A person already should know they should have a poncho or something else with them in case of the rain. If a person is wearing their raingear they will often feel hot and uncomfortable under it. A person can keep their pockets open to let some air out. They should also wear a hat under the hood. This will keep the hood out of their faces.
Protect the Knees
Nothing can ruin a trip faster than knee pains. To help reduce strain on the knees a person should not carry a heavy backpack especially uphill. A lighter backpack can mean less pressure on the knees.
Dealing with Bugs
Bugs can be annoying while camping or hiking. Some bugs sprays contain harmful chemicals that people do not want to go on them. There is some help in dealing with the bugs. A cotton bandana can be sprayed with bug spray and then tired around the neck. This will help keep bugs away from the face.
Too much sun can lead a person to overheat or getting sick. There are some ways to prevent sunburn. A person should use a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30. They should also look for one that can block out the UV rays. The sunscreen will need to be reapplied every two hours or faster if swimming in a take. A person should also wear a hat with a wide brim to protect their face.
Bring a Water Filter
Fresh steams may contain some things that will not sit well with the body. A person should bring along a water filter so they will always have fresh water. If the filter is not working turn it upside down and then pump it up. This will then fix the problem.
Eliminate Tent Condensation
To reduce condensation allows air to flow into the tent. The window or door should be cracked slightly. This will allow the hot air to escape and the cool air to enter.
These are some tips for hiking and camping to allow a person to have fun. If a person follows these tips they should have a good time and have a safe experience out in the wilderness.
There are no posted comments.
- Import motorboats from Sweden and take advantage of the favorable exchange rates.
- Why Should You Take New York Self Defense Classes?
- Genesis of the English Premier League
- CONTENT OF SPORT LAW CONTRACT
- Why AI Sports Analytics Is The New Moneyball
- 4 ways to make snowboarding more affordable
- Concluding the 2023 NFL Draft: Which Team Will Be Crowned Kings of the AFC North?
- Three Biggest Folds
- E-foiling for good mental health
- Football Betting Schemes and Strategies
- Mets Offseason recap
- Giannis Antetokounmpo: The NBA vs Eurobasket, a different experience
- What is this high that runners say they experience?
- Burnout In Youth Sports
- 10 Brilliant Tips for Mountain Bike Newbies
- Making The Outfield Interesting For Youth Baseball
- Oliviera vs Machachev: Biggest LW fight since Khabib?
- What can go wrong with the feet in cyclists?
- An amateur's journey to becoming a World Snooker Tour pro
- Do athletes need recovery footwear?
- Santin too strong for Smooth Like Strait in Arlington Million
- Can you run a marathon barefoot?
- Why Did Hungrybox Leave Super Smash Bros. Tournament?
- From Hatred to Admiration
- The Legacy of the New York Marathon
- Smart Mirror: Spending Time In the Right Place
- The Best Player Fordsville Never Had
- The Legend of Carr Creek