Some Challenges and Roadblocks faced by E-Commerce Startups in 2020
- Author Rebecca Lee
- Published March 12, 2020
- Word count 1,013
With the advancement in technology, online shopping and retailing has grown to a whole new level. The seeds of the e-commerce industry have resulted in stress-free shopping and opened up new directions for the stores.
Since it is raising with the speed that is unimaginable, getting into this field might seem irresistible for most of the businesses. The whole reason is that e-commerce manages to have a tremendous upside potential that has taken the entire internet, it has proven stability and has brought many entrepreneurs together.
But every industry with its ventures is bound to face e-business benefits and challenges. The benefits are handled well by every individual, but the challenges are the bigger concern in the journey.
Thus, to avoid these hurdles here is a heads up of the possible challenges that every e-commerce startup might face. After doing a deep analysis we have discovered these difficulties and made a conclusion that if they are looked upon beforehand it would bring your website with better outcomes.
E-commerce Challenges for Startups in 2020
There are multiple e-commerce trends for 2020 that would enlighten all the e-commerce website owners with the challenges that they might face during their business ventures. Amongst which some of the main ones are:
- Aiming Against the Big Brands
When E-commerce Development Company starts a business venture, big brands are the first one that are the biggest challenges for the newcomer. Organizations like Amazon, Walmart and eBay are the giants in the online retail sector that can easily knock off a startup from the market. Statistics show that Amazon is one of that firm which is doing really well ( both in sales and popularity) as the years are passing by. The solution to this particular problem is to avoid direct competition with a giant in the business. Thus, it is advisable to choose a competition that is there is a less competitive niche and grows the business one step at a time.
- The shopping details are necessary
One of the emerging trends in e-commerce startups is about user experience. It is the greatest features of online shopping that allows customers to interact, but there are times when this feature becomes a challenge. User experience is one factor which makes or breaks any e-commerce website. This experience is lost on the customer when they take their store online. To make the shopping experience more immersive and alluring the customer needs to make sure that the descriptive feature info and images are up to the mark. This might include product reviews, chart sizing and even SKU’s with other specific details THe customer support after the scale must be very strong and organized so that the shopper is confident in their decision to shop.
- Don’t be stuck with the traditional methods
The reason why many E-commerce Companies in Dubai or around the world find online shopping touch and challenging is the fact that they are stuck in the past. Many retailers and online e-commerce owners lack the necessary insight into customer behaviour and also the buying pattern.
So the question is - How can the data be leveraged in a way that it is close to prominent marketplaces like Amazon, eBay, etc.
These e-commerce websites tend to have an existing network of buyers, thus pitching and branding the product becomes relatively easy and manageable. Here is when visitor segmentation comes into the picture. Visitor segmentation allows e-commerce organizations to identify and communicate with the visitors that are based on the journey of the customer, their previous conversations, their location, the referral page and all of these related things. In return, the e-commerce organization tends to know the requirements, offers personalized service and many other conversions.
- Shipping, Delivery and the Returns
Before you Hire E-commerce Developer you need to be aware of the shipping details. The startups and the new businesses in the e-commerce industry tend to face a lot of challenges when it comes down to the seamless flow of transactions after the orders have been placed and paid for. There are many shoppers that tend to complain about the quality of the products they are provided with after the payment has been made. Therefore, the companies would need to go out of their way to serve and provide the customer with the best services. There are different order fulfilment models that are attached to the shipping of the products, via research that is being carried out and the way it would suit the businesses for maximum productivity.
- The issue of data security
Believe it or not, but the security issue is a big nightmare. There are frauds and hackers that tend to attack the web server, infecting the website with viruses. They can potentially gain access to the data that is confidential, and it may contain customer’s phone number, card details and many such things.
Thus, to avoid the situation the user needs to manage the server. Which means that they should not use common FTP or file transfers. With the help of constant updates of the shopping car, the web developer in Dubai or anywhere in the world can minimize the risk of the stolen data. There is a content management system that tends to store its data in the database. The developers should take up backup at the regular intervals which would at least retrieve the data if it is stolen.
In the End
E-commerce is a brave new world for many retailers and startup organizations. To make the most out of this world, the act should be done right and about. With all that has been said, we agree that challenges are bound to knock the doors of the newcomers, and the already established companies in the e-Commerce industry manage to overcome the challenges.
We hope that these articles have provided you with all the necessary information and data on e-commerce challenges and solutions. If the user has any doubts regarding the following topic then they can write to us on the comment section below. Our experts would go through the comment and would try to solve them.
Kristy Hill is a Sr. Business Consultant working with the leading Web Development Company for 12 years. With more than a decade of experience in IT operations, she holds the skills and knowledge of the latest software applications and development platforms. Following her passion for writing, she advocates startups, SMEs and developers about the latest software applications.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Black Friday 2020 The Countdown Begins
- Dragon Medical One | An Amazing Cloud-Based Speech Recognition Solution
- Web Design Options for Web Designers on a Budget
- Hidden Camera Price in Pakistan - Tips to Get One For Less
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Buying Laptops Under 200 Pounds.
- The Digital Transformation of AS9110 Quality Management Systems
- How to start an E-commerce Business? A guide for beginners.
- Get High Quality Shirt Boxes Wholesale at iCustomBoxes
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- New Trends for Cosmetic Packaging
- How to Hide Out-of-Stock Products from your Collections on Shopify
- Changing product prices on Shopify: How to do it right?
- A Picture With Words: The Simple Living Biography Of Our Love Life
- Retaining Memories of Moments with your Baby through Picture with Words
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- Tricks to run ESO as smooth as possible
- Shipping to Brazil: New Tax ID regulations
- Why Should Your Business Use Same Day Delivery Services?
- A new technology based on Image Recognition is revolutionizing eCommerce
- A Quick Buying Guide to Understand What To Look For in a Tray
- 8 Common Dropshipping Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs
- Considering Kel-F ® PCTFE within Plastic Fasteners?
- What Is the Best Alternative to Facebook Ads for Dropshipping Businesses?