Dental Crowns and Bridges in Singapore
- Author Qi Xian Hong
- Published May 23, 2020
- Word count 446
How Much Do Dental Crowns Cost in Singapore?
The prices for dental crowns can vary greatly. A dental crown can cost anywhere between $600 - $2000 in Singapore on average.
Crowns made of high-purity yellow gold can be very expensive.
Crowns made of cheaper base-type metal may be much cheaper but may have their own drawbacks and disadvantages.
Factors Determining Dental Crown Prices:
Crown material/type selected.
The quality of the fabricated crown
How natural you need the crown to look
Tooth size and tooth position / number
The need for additional dental procedures such as rebuilding the tooth core, crown lengthening gum surgery etc.
The skill and experience of the dentist performing your crown procedure
How is a Dental Crown Made?
Step 1: After assessing that your tooth would benefit from a dental crown, the dentist normally checks for signs of infection. If required, you may be advised to consider root canal treatment to remove any internal infection as necessary.
Step 2: If needed, the center parts of the tooth are built up with suitable materials to form a core. This will form the central support for the crown on the tooth.
Step 3. A small impression may be made of the tooth beforehand. The tooth is trimmed down (under anaesthesia if necessary to avoid discomfort) to a suitable size to accommodate a dental crown.
Step 4: A dental impression or dental scan is taken of the trimmed tooth. Your dentist may record the way your teeth bite together with some impression material which hardens in the mouth. These will be used to make your dental crown.
In some cases, the dentist may temporarily place a piece of soft woven cord string in the gums around the tooth, or do additional procedures, to push the gums away for a better impression / scan. This is usually removed immediately after the impression / scan.
Step 5: If your dental crown is expected to take some time for processing, the dentist may use the original small impression of your tooth to immediately make a tooth-colored temporary crown for you to wear. The temporary crown is temporarily glued onto the tooth with cement that is easier for your dentist to remove.
Step 6: When the crown is ready, the dentist fits the crown onto the tooth and adjusts it to fit the space as needed. If all is well, the crown is permanently cemented onto the tooth. An X-ray may be taken at this stage to check that all looks good.
While dental crowns protect teeth well, they can still chip / break if under heavy use and they can still decay at the natural tooth portions! Proper brushing / flossing is always a must!
Visit us at: https://www.bnfdental.com/
Call us at: 93836121Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- 5 Things You Can Do in the Morning to Fight the Signs of Aging forever
- Know Your Curls - What Should I Be Using?
- Why Hand-tied Hair Extensions?
- What is a Cosmetic Surgery and Its Commonly Procedures?
- Health and beauty benefits of sleeping on a pure silk pillowcase
- Perfumes and Colognes
- Benefits of using high potency Collagen for Skin, Hair, and Joints
- What big skin care manufacturers don’t want you to know
- Eyebrow Microblading School
- What Is Glutathione
- Benefits of essential oils for skin care
- All you need to know about Lip Gloss
- 18 Healthy Superfoods For Skin Whitening Naturally
- Auroma Remedies for Natural Pain Relief
- How do you start a hairdressing career?
- Emotional Benefits of Getting a Tantric Massage
- Just how To Preserve A Brazilian Deep Wave Hair
- What Your Moles Say About Your Personality
- How Can I Restore The Collagen In My Face
- 7 Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Tantric Massage Preparation and Techniques
- Everyday Skin Care
- 5 Ways to Cope with Hair Loss Easily
- Instant Results Tips To get ride of Dark Neck Skin
- Can You Receive Messages On Match Com Without Paying?
- Acupunture Therapies in North London
- The best Anti-Aging Products We Swear by
- Benefits of HEMP (NOT CBD) Oil for Eczema
- Vitamin C Serum