Drop Shipping for Dummies: Easily Start a Dropshipping Business Today
- Author Simona Ferrazza
- Published May 29, 2020
- Word count 1,057
If you have been looking for a way to work from home, then drop shipping might be the right fit for you. Drop shipping has become a high-profit online business strategy. If you are looking for a great way to earn money online keep reading our drop shipping for dummies guide.
What is Drop Shipping?
Drop shipping is a business format that involves using a third party to store and ship for you. When a customer orders an item from your store, you will pass it on to your supplier to fulfill. You do not have to store items yourself, deal with packaging, or shipping the products. It’s a lot easier business format with a lot less overhead.
Just to give you an example, you reach an agreement with a supplier of clothing products. You list a shirt on your website. A customer orders one of the shirts on your site. When they pay for the shirt you send the order to your supplier, who will charge you the price of the shirt, the cost of shipping, and might also charge you a dropshipping fee. They will then pack and ship the shirt to your customer. You will charge more than what your supplier charged you for the shirt and shipping. Then you will keep the profit.
What are the Benefits of Drop Shipping?
There are a few different benefits of drop shipping. Businesses use drop shipping because it saves them time and money. These benefits will free up resources for other areas of your business.
The biggest advantage of dropshipping is that you do not have to keep inventory on hand. You will not have to deal with finding a facility to keep your inventory. You also will not have the liability of keeping the inventory safe from damages. This will allow you to use that money on things like marketing and other resources to help grow your business.
You will not have to deal with shipping the product. It is possible that your supplier will charge you a drop shipping fee, but it is much cheaper than dealing with everything yourself. You will not need packaging, staff to package items and shipping facilities.
Since you will not have to worry about the inventory you will not have losses. You will not have to worry about ordering items. This will prevent you from ordering too many or too few of an item. You buy the exact number of products from your supplier to cover all your orders, with no losses due to inventory issues.
You will not need to invest thousands of dollars into your products. Your supplier will have the products available to sale and you only buy the product when you sell one. No pre-orders are necessary. It’s a great way to try new products out as well. You can try a new product without any risks to your finances.
Things to Avoid When Drop Shipping
things to avoid when dropshipping
Drop shipping may sound like all positives but there are a couple of things you try to avoid. To be successful in drop shipping you need to consider all the elements.
Since drop shipping is very easy and takes little money to get started there are a lot of people doing it. The problem with this is that there may be a lot of websites selling the same items you are selling. You will want to research the market for your products. Choose unique items or items that are not on every website. Choose your items carefully.
Before you start using a supplier, you will want to test their products. Get a few items for yourself and test them out. The last thing you want is to start using a supplier and find out they are sending your customers bad products. Your customer is going to come to you to fix the problem, not the supplier, it is your reputation that is at stake. So, make sure you choose a supplier who has high-quality products.
In today’s market, you need to have a fast shipping. The drawback of a lot of suppliers is that they might be located overseas. The shipping speed could be a problem for some suppliers. Make sure that you test shipping speeds and that you are comparable to other companies.
The point of dropshipping is to make a profit. So, make sure that you know all the drop shipping fees. Include in the product price and any fees your suppliers charge. It is very important to price your items based on these fees. If you do not sell it for the right price you could end up not making a profit or worse losing money.
Setting Up Your Drop Shipping for Dummies Guide
Now that you know the basics it’s easy to get started. Follow the drop shipping for dummies guide below:
Choose where to list your items for sale. It can be an online marketplace like Amazon or eBay or even a platform like Shopify or WooCommerce, where you can fully customise your store.
Research a dropshipping supplier that can fit your needs.
Research the items you plan to sell and the market for them.
Start listing your items online.
Collect orders and send them to your supplier.
Automate your business.
If you follow all the advices of this guide of drop shipping for dummies, and market your products to the right audience, you can build a very successful business and become your own boss, while working from home at your own pace.
One of the most important steps that can result in your success or your downfall is your supplier choice. You need to choose someone who will be able to assist you in every step of your sourcing and fulfilling processes.
A supplier like Yakkyofy, that can help you find the products you want at B2B prices and provide you with a web-app that can be easily connected to your store, in such way automating your daily tasks. But there is ever more, because thanks to our unique image recognition technology, you can B2B quotes in just a few minutes!
So what are you waiting for? Try our services for free today!
SIGN UP NOW!
www.yakkyofy.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Tips on Running Your Own E-commerce Website
- Washington Struggles With Robinhood Politics
- The Internet Startup Secrets of Jack Ma, Founder of Alibaba Group
- The Entrepreneurship and Investing Secrets of Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon.com
- The Rise of Canadian eCommerce, and The Impact On Online Shopping
- How I Failed Miserably in My Amazon FBA Business (And What I Learned)
- Digital Downloads -A Hot Marketing Trend
- 5 Top Reasons Sellers Fail at Amazon FBA
- Black Friday 2020 The Countdown Begins
- Dragon Medical One | An Amazing Cloud-Based Speech Recognition Solution
- Web Design Options for Web Designers on a Budget
- Hidden Camera Price in Pakistan - Tips to Get One For Less
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Buying Laptops Under 200 Pounds.
- The Digital Transformation of AS9110 Quality Management Systems
- How to start an E-commerce Business? A guide for beginners.
- Get High Quality Shirt Boxes Wholesale at iCustomBoxes
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- New Trends for Cosmetic Packaging
- How to Hide Out-of-Stock Products from your Collections on Shopify
- Changing product prices on Shopify: How to do it right?
- A Picture With Words: The Simple Living Biography Of Our Love Life
- Retaining Memories of Moments with your Baby through Picture with Words
- Importance of online shopping, don’t waste your time.
- Put Song Lyrics on Pictures and Pass Your Love Messages
- How to Lay Artificial Grass
- How to find dropshipping products at B2B prices?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm
- Insight into Asia's Tech Scene
- Tricks to run ESO as smooth as possible