The Digital Transformation of AS9110 Quality Management Systems
- Author Leton
- Published September 21, 2020
- Word count 465
Manufacturing and maintenance practices in the aerospace industry have significantly advanced in the past two decades. Technology is rapidly advancing and even terms such as ‘Industry 4.0’ have been coined to address this rapid advancement in technology and its integration into the system. As digital technology and engineering gains prominence the question comes up of how quality management systems will evolve to keep pace with the digital transformation.
AS9110 provides a framework for aerospace quality management systems and the intent of the standard is to provide organization with a structured methodology for continual improvement. Digital tools will enhance the system and augment it but not replace the need for the framework of the quality management system. Digital tools have already been enabling quality management systems since the onset of computers with the majority fo documentation slowly making their way online to where all documents and records are electronically controlled and managed. It has made the process of making the right documents available to users easier and with mobile apps made it easy for personnel working on the shop floor quickly access relevant instructions.
Digitized software has also allowed for the quick collection of data in AS9100 systems, for precise inspections to be done through such as in thermal imaging as well as for augmented reality aspects to be introduced into maintenance routines and training regimens. Personnel on the shop floor using augmented reality tools can quickly identify the right areas to access and the accomplish tasks in the correct sequence without the need of referring to a physical or electronic document. The data collection is also automatically analyzed, and the user alerted when the trend may potentially pose a risk to the system.
These AS9100 digitized system also allow enable management with quick access to the data they need at any point in time in to give them the confidence that the system is functioning effectively per plan. With Machine learning and AI computers are enabling rapid advancements and improvement in the process line with organizational knowledge being captured along the way as well. Of course, this digitization comes with its own challenges that may be addressed through the risk clause in AS9110. These challenges include the security of the system from hackers, loss of integrity of IP and other data, and the inability to function effectively when the technology breaks down.
The digital age of quality management systems is here and cannot be ignored. However, the fundamentals of the system approach should not be forgotten. Use of digital technologies should be considered as part of the contextual external issue and the risks of integrating the same should be considered per clause 6.1 of AS9110. Further controls to manage the risks should be implemented in the operational phase and then assessed.
Manufacturing and maintenance practices in the aerospace industry have significantly advanced in the past two decades. Technology is rapidly advancing and even terms such as ‘Industry 4.0’ have been coined to address this rapid advancement in technology and its integration into the system. As digital technology and engineering gains prominence the question comes up of how quality management systems will evolve to keep pace with the digital transformation.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Website Development
- CBD Hemp Oil Boxes And It’s Benefits
- Things to Know About Vape Oil Cartridge Boxes
- Reasons Why Engineering Consulting Services Are Beneficial To Businesses
- What Are The Benefits of Social Commerce For Brands
- Top Central Air Conditioner Comparison for 2021 Summer — Trane vs Daikin vs Mitsubishi vs Carrier
- How to Start Dropshipping Business Without Expensive Budget
- BS Fixings Launches exciting new website.
- Try Easiest Headband Wigs
- Improving the Post-Purchase Experience
- Tips on Running Your Own E-commerce Website
- Washington Struggles With Robinhood Politics
- The Internet Startup Secrets of Jack Ma, Founder of Alibaba Group
- The Entrepreneurship and Investing Secrets of Jeff Bezos, Founder of Amazon.com
- The Rise of Canadian eCommerce, and The Impact On Online Shopping
- How I Failed Miserably in My Amazon FBA Business (And What I Learned)
- Digital Downloads -A Hot Marketing Trend
- 5 Top Reasons Sellers Fail at Amazon FBA
- Black Friday 2020 The Countdown Begins
- Dragon Medical One | An Amazing Cloud-Based Speech Recognition Solution
- Web Design Options for Web Designers on a Budget
- Hidden Camera Price in Pakistan - Tips to Get One For Less
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Buying Laptops Under 200 Pounds.
- How to start an E-commerce Business? A guide for beginners.
- Get High Quality Shirt Boxes Wholesale at iCustomBoxes
- The Best Gift on This Father’s Day
- New Trends for Cosmetic Packaging
- How to Hide Out-of-Stock Products from your Collections on Shopify
- Changing product prices on Shopify: How to do it right?