Eco-Friendly Cookware – This cookware is "Green" a full 360 degrees
- Author Sachin Sharma
- Published November 12, 2020
- Word count 510
For healthy living, a healthy environment is just as important as healthy food. To ensure our future generations can “breathe” and live on a healthy planet, we must make changes to our lifestyles and switch to things that are eco-friendly everywhere we can. Choosing “green” cookware is a great step in this direction but can we determine whether a certain cookware is eco-friendly or not? Let’s find out.
What does eco-friendly cookware really mean?
Eco-friendly cooking pots and pans are the ones that don’t harm the environment at any stage, from the procurement of the raw material to the cooking and even when disposing them. Conventional cookware made from metals or ceramics hardly fit into the definition of ‘eco-friendly’. Why?
The mining of metal ores, the massive deforestation they cause, their extraction and processing, and the process of making cookware from them – at every stage, produces so many poisons in the form of solid, liquid and gaseous waste which is discarded very carelessly into waterways and land, turning the land into non-cultivable land and the water into poison. The chemicals and metal oxides used in colors, glazes and enamels to make the cookware attractive only make things worse.
Another overlooked factor – the energy consumed at every stage comes from non-renewable sources which means more and more depletion of limited resources. Even after you are done using the cookware, when disposed, they sit in landfill for a very long time!
Now think of this: everybody needs to cook and eat and there are 7 billion of us! Clearly, switching to an eco-friendly cookware can bring a huge improvement in the planet’s health. Let’s find out what the alternative is:
100% pure and primary clay is an all-natural material that is time tested and healthy for both the people and the planet. In what ways this natural material can save the planet is explained below:
100% Eco-friendly in raw material:
The raw material, pure clay is harvested from the earth’s crust without causing any harm to the environment. No harmful waste is released, and no disruption is caused to the eco balance or wildlife while procuring the raw material.
100% Eco-friendly pots and pans while in use:
Cooking in pure clay pots and pans requires less heat and food cooks quickly at lower heat setting – thanks to far infrared heat cooking. Also, the food stays warm in a pure clay pot for 3-4 hours longer so there is no need to re-heat frequently. This saves a lot on the energy consumption of a single household.
100% Eco-friendly in cleaning and maintenance:
Cleaning cooking pots usually require toxic soaps or detergents which then contaminate our oceans, but not with pure clay pots. Hand washing with clean water after sprinkling some baking soda, if needed, is enough to do the job. Less toxic soaps in your household’s wastewater – better for the environment.
100% eco-friendly when disposed:
At the end of their useful lifecycle which can be decades long, pure clay pots go back to the same earth where they come from – they are 100% biodegradable.
Miriams Earthen Cookware (MEC) is a US based company that has been making pure clay pots and pans for over a decade. Their eco-friendly cookware [https://miriamsearthencookware.com/about-miriams-earthen-cookware/eco-friendly-green-cookware/] is on sale through their online store and ships carbon neutral around the globe. Interesting in joining the league of planet-conscious cooks? Head over to MEC Store [https://miriamsearthencookware.com/mec-store/] and order a pure clay pot today!Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave
- Facts About the Takeaway Cravings in the UK
- 5 Reasons that MEC Pots are Excellent Pressure Cookers
- Turning Natural Clay into the Best Green Cookware
- This eco-friendly Cookware brand is great if you are looking for 100% “green” pots and pans
- 5 homemade yogurt issues and easy solutions:
- 4 Creative Ways To Enjoy Your Kitchen
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Best BBQ Grills for the Money 2020
- The Best Healthy And Non-Toxic Pots and Pans
- This stovetop slow cooker is a better choice for healthy cooking. Learn why
- The best rice cooker must retain all nutrients, both complex and simple carbs. Learn how and why that will affect your health
- Types of pressure cookers, and which one for healthy cooking?
- Why a Good Mixing Bowl Matters for Your Kitchen?
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Pu-erh Tea Storage Factors
- Inexperienced Smoothie recipes green tea, Vietnamese Coffee, pineapple kale
- How to Determine the Various Different Types of Sweet White Wine
- How to Choose an Electric Water Boiler and Kettle
- Things to Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Caterers
- Creative Leftovers
- Cooking with Disney Cookware Review
- How to pick the right grill
- Affordable Weekend Dinner Ideas For 2
- Cookbook for College Students
- What You Need To Know About Guilt Free Desserts
- 5 Non-vegetarian all-time favorite dishes available at kosher restaurants
- Surprising Things You Can Make in a Rice Cooker
- 9 useful facts about almonds