How to Keep Your Audience Engaged on YouTube
- Author Kristoffer Sporer
- Published December 27, 2020
- Word count 588
You've done a good job getting folks to watch your YouTube video. Now, what about converting those folks to subscribers and encouraging them to become a continued and beneficial resource for your business?
Before I discuss best practices, let's talk about how many views your video received. Your video could have received between 1,000 and 40,000 views. That translates into about one viewer per interaction.
Is that enough engagement to move people to become a customer or potential customer for your company? Personally, my expectation is much higher than one viewer per interaction.
Having high level of engagement helps grow and sustain a product or service by making potential consumers feel connected to the brand on a deeper level. Increased viewer engagement also enables greater sales and referral opportunities.
How do you build and keep an engaged and engaged video viewer?
Engagement consists of two basic elements. The first aspect is getting people to watch the video, but the second aspect is determining what they want to watch. My research suggests that the easiest and most effective way to do this is offering coupons, discounts, opportunities for contests and giveaways.
Each of these elements is linked to one of four basic motivations.
Motivator 1: Favorite Something You Watch
The first motivational element is becoming familiar with what you're watching. A podcast, video or something else you watch provides a means to become an expert at your favorite topic or service. The only exception to this is if your expertise is in something that is a crossroads or a new area to which you're learning a lot. In those cases, a website can be the place where the experts give their knowledge free to the public.
Motivator 2: Interaction With Creative Content
Motivator 2 applies to people who do not know much about a brand or who have not participated in a social conversation. These people need an opportunity to engage, ask questions, learn and become interested in the company or service. A lot of the content we share on social channels and throughout the web is some form of creative content. A lot of these creations are part of a viral promotional campaign.
Motivator 3: Potential Encouragement
Getting a viewer to click a link to something in your site or on social channels can increase the reach of your videos and increase the ability to drive them to a website. You can also manipulate this type of interaction to increase awareness of your products or services.
It is great to have a YouTube channel and lots of videos, but you need text versions of your content on the Internet as well.
The primary reason for this is that search engines are unable to scroll through audio and need to index text. It will thus help your SEO to have a text-based website and increase your organic search traffic. But don't worry, it doesn't have to be time consuming to maintain a blog for your YouTube channel. To convert your video to text and then upload a full transcription of your video as a blog post, all you need is an automated transcription service provider. Alongside the full transcript, embed your YouTube video and away you go.
Once these three factors are understood, it's a good idea to get your content incorporated into what someone likes to do. The result of this content could be some fun and viral interactions. This will bring you new viewers and possibilities for more content. It's about how you package and integrate video into your social video marketing plan.
There are no posted comments.
- High-Quality Ash Wood Textures Pack. Elevate Your Design Projects.
- Embracing Multidisciplinary Excellence: The Jack of all Trades
- Why Reading on an eBook Reader Is a Great Idea: Unlocking a New Chapter of Reading Experience
- Social Media Marketing
- Playstation 5 Accessories Bundle - God Of War Ragnarok Bundle
- 17 Ways to Get More Followers on Instagram (2022)
- INNOVATION AT SPEED: “FASHION SHOWS DURING AND POST-PANDEMIC”
- How YouTube Pays You: What You Need to Know About Monetizing Your Channel
- How To Get Paid for Youtube: The Best Ways to Earn Money with YouTube
- The Benefits of Using Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
- Should You Make a YouTube Video? 4 Questions to Ask Yourself First
- Finding a great pair of earphones
- What is a Drone and What are its Advantages?
- The 7 Best Video Editors for Creating Social Media Posts
- The Importance of Social Media Marketing in Medical Business
- How Should You Optimize Images for Website?
- Play Your Music and Movies at Full Resolution with JRiver Media Center
- Technology News
- Tips for Writing a Good Reaction Paper
- Is Society Becoming More Polarized Because of Social Media?
- Comprehensive and affordable media software
- Animation Software: The Evolutions And The Options
- Video Production Tips: How To Get The Best Aerial Footage With Drones
- Download VirtualXposed APK for all Android Devices
- Become an online radio presenter with SAM Broadcaster Cloud
- What is a Creative Content Studio
- How GTA V made its way into sports betting
- Review on An Easy YouTube Screen Recorder of 2020
- Image masking go hand in hand