Cycling: the Most Convenient Form of Exercise
- Author Andrew Lang
- Published March 15, 2021
- Word count 370
If you are looking to increase your individual health or fitness levels, cycling is ideal. This is because it's so convenient! It can be done anytime and anywhere with the least amount of disruption. Cycling also allows you to get away from the stress of everyday life. Furthermore, it's another mode of transport, so you can get fit getting to and from work.
There are myriad other benefits to cycling: it's environmentally friendly, it's essentially free, and promotes good cardiovascular health. So you get to shrink your carbon footprint while saving yourself transport costs, and improve your cardiovascular health - two...err, three birds, one stone!
Morever, regular cycling will increase your metabolism - thus, you will burn more calories throughout the day. This is of course important if you are trying to lose weight. Cycling provides a calorie-burning metabolism if you cycle regularly.
Cycling has been shown to improve your immune system too. This allows you to fight off the harmful effects of air pollution and reduces the risk of getting ill because of contaminated air. In addition, cycling helps to protect against the negative effects of age. It can help you feel younger as you travel through the many miles that you cycle each day.
I've not even mentioned the greatest benefit yet (well, in my humble opinion)! Cycling allows you to enjoy the great outdoors. There's no better way to enjoy nature than by cycling. I prefer it even to walking, since it's easier on your feet and back (trust me, I've been on LONG walks...and cycling is more forgiving). You can cover longer distances with a bike, so you can turn a countryside meander into a bit of an odyssey over 20km to 50km, if you're feeling up to it (just bring plenty of food and water).
In addition, cycling will provide you with a sense of independence from the usual day to day activities. For example, if you are working on a project, you can avoid distractions and think more clearly when cycling. This is particularly important when you need to stay focused.
Whether you are a beginner or an expert, cycling is the perfect exercise that will keep you healthy, fit and active.
There are no posted comments.
- Healing Touch: 10 Health Benefits of a Massage
- The power of breath: A therapists guide to harnessing deep breathing for stress relief
- Unlocking the Secrets to Optimal Health and Wellness
- Are Pre-workout Supplements Important for Active Individuals?
- Accelerating Injury Recovery in Baseball Players: The Power of Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Unlocking Muscle Growth: How to Build Muscle with Electric Muscle Stimulation
- "Tech-Driven Serenity: 5 Quick Ways to Relieve Stress and Calm Your Mind"
- Cold Exposure: Whole Body Cryotherapy VS. Ice Baths
- 6 Ways to Cut Your Prescription Costs
- The Importance of Health and Wellness in the Workplace
- Why Incorporating Hex Bars into Your Strength Training Routine is a Game-Changer
- Shams Ishtiaque Rahman: Pioneering a Fitness Revolution in Bangladesh
- Optimize Your Performance by Preparing Your Muscles for Intense Workouts
- Say Goodbye to Tiredness: How Endurance Athletes Can Boost Energy Levels
- Supercharge Your Performance: How to Optimize Testosterone for Athletes
- How Mental Fitness Can Improve Your Strength Training Performance
- Maximizing Gains: Tips and Tricks for Building Muscle as a Strength Athlete
- Why Should Caregivers Consider Using Respite Care Today?
- 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 500 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh
- READY, SET, GO, and IMPLODE
- On the Myriad Health Benefits that Meditation Provides
- Journey to Inner Peace: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program in Rishikesh
- Transform Your Life: 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh with Focus on Philosophy and Self-Discovery
- Everything you need to know about 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India !
- Because There Was Never Anybody There in the First Place
- Doctors Gave Up Fixing Her Sciatica, but Today She Feels Brand New
- Say Goodbye to Back Pain: How to Get Relief Naturally
- How to Prevent Shoulder Bursitis?
- Night Riders - Tips and Tricks for Riding After Dark
- The Benefits of Running on an Empty Stomach