What to do when a tooth moves and it becomes loose?
- Author Laura Smith
- Published May 29, 2021
- Word count 596
One of the worst nightmares is losing a tooth, since after having lost baby teeth, adult teeth have to last us for a lifetime, something that is increasingly difficult and that actually costs a lot. That a tooth lasts a lifetime is one of the missions of a dentist, but it is quite difficult given the amount of work that our teeth have to endure on a daily basis. Fortunately, there are always treatments that will allow a tooth to stay as long as possible, such as endodontic treatments.
Even with daily brushing and regular dental checkups, an adult tooth can loosen and move. This can happen slowly or suddenly. When a tooth moves it is usually a sign of some dental problems and it is advisable to go to the dentist as soon as possible. If you don't, the worst consequence is losing the tooth and maybe even some other teeth along with it in the worst case.
In this article we are going to talk about what can be done when a tooth is loose.
What Causes a Moving Tooth?
There are many different causes for when a tooth moves and the treatment needed will depend on the cause. If you suffered a fall or injury, the tooth may have dislodged from the root requiring dental surgery to put it back in place.
On the other hand, having a loose tooth without a sudden drop or hit can be a sign of a bigger problem like advanced gum disease. This is especially the case with loose teeth that simultaneously have a bad taste in the mouth, painful gums, or persistent bad breath.
How long does it take for a loose tooth to heal?
In any case, you should not wait for the tooth to stop moving and the main thing is to go to the dentist as soon as possible. If you have a tooth that moves, at Idiáquez Dental Polyclinics they can give you the best treatment and do a check-up on the causes that have caused the tooth to move.
Some of the treatments you may need are:
-Dental splint: wearing a dental splint for a few weeks will make the ligaments heal and the loose tooth will get stronger. This process can take a few weeks until the teeth is totally cured.
-Using a dental night splint: This mouth guard or splint is designed is for people who grind their teeth and therefore wear when sleeping. People who grind their teeth at night put great pressure on their teeth, gums, and the mouth in general. By wearing a night splint, you may notice improvements in a few weeks.
-Treat gum disease: If the cause of the loose tooth is due to gum disease, the most important thing is to seek treatment as soon as possible. This is a more serious condition that requires more intense treatment as deep cleaning will be needed to remove infected tissue and bacteria from the gums, mouth, and teeth.
Prevent tooth loss and loosening
One of the first steps in preventing tooth loss and loosening is to have good daily dental hygiene and try to brush twice a day in addition to flossing. Other than that, regular check-ups and cleanings can also prevent tooth loosening. If you regularly practice sports such as soccer or basketball, a good idea is to wear a protective splint.
It should also be borne in mind that people who have bone diseases such as osteoporosis and other diseases such as diabetes are also more susceptible to problems with tooth loss.
If you need any type of treatment related with dental health in San Sebastián Spain check http://www.policlinicadentalidiaquez.com/
Written by Laura SmithArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why You Should Look Into Epoxy Coatings for Concrete
- The Greatest Indian Takeaway
- CELEBRATE NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH AND ENTER TO WIN A KEURIG DUO
- The Assault on Science
- How to Follow-Up AFTER the Consult
- What is a Good Conversion Rate?
- How To Run Your Practice Like A Business
- Solar Panel Dust Can be Removed with a New Method Developed by Researchers
- Why Marketers Should Use WordPress Themes?
- Classic Vs Vintage Modern Diamond Jewelry
- Five Tips When Doing Kitchen Renovations in the Gold Coast
- How to Keep Staff Busy While You’re In Surgery
- Selling the Invisible: 4 Key Elements Needed to Promote Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- 5 Great Ways That Car Wrapping Can Promote Your Business
- Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Plastic Surgery Practice
- Cosmetic Patient No-Shows Are a Problem
- The Truth About New Cosmetic Patient Leads
- Top Benefits of PHP in Web Solution
- Top 5 Live Forex Trading Rooms
- My Speaking Trip to Saudi Arabia
- Top Ways to Attract More Plastic Surgery Patients in 2021
- How Plastic Surgery Marketing Will Change in 2021
- Patient Consultations are NOT Converting!
- How to Increase Productivity Using Live Chat Bot Support
- How a Simple Gold Chain Can Change Your Fashion Aesthetics?
- Startup helps expats find a handyman in The Netherlands
- How to Use ChatBot As Customer Service Tool
- What is the Hand of Fatima?
- What Are the Main Chat Bot Benefits For Online Sellers?
- The Evolution and Effects of Quebec Independence Movement