When is an orthodontics treatment necessary?
- Author Laura Smith
- Published June 6, 2021
- Word count 537
Orthodontics is a treatment that has been very popular for several years and it is very common to see many adolescents wearing braces on their teeth to correct their bite or change the position of their teeth.
Because of this, orthodontics is often associated with adolescents, so you may be surprised to learn that seven-year-olds can already benefit from early orthodontic treatment, as there are now increasingly earlier diagnoses of orthodontic treatments that will be very beneficial for children's dental health in their future.
When orthodontic treatment is recommended
When orthodontic treatment is needed it is usually because there is a problem that will significantly worsen in the future if it is not solved at that time. This includes problems such as underbites and crossbites that can develop into painful malocclusions (misalignments) and cause joint and jaw pain, as well as problems chewing.
Orthodontic treatment is also recommended when the teeth are positioned in a way that recession of the gums occurs and is likely to worsen.
There are also differences between boys and girls. Many of the girls start having this treatment at 13 and 14 years old as they adapt much better to braces than later when they are 15 or 16 years old and feel more self-conscious and in their mid-teens.
When orthodontics is optional
In general, orthodontic treatment is an optional treatment when you have a functional bite, but it would improve the aesthetics of the teeth and make them straighter or in line. Of course, having straighter teeth has benefits such as increased confidence and a better self-image. It can also be easier to keep your teeth clean if they are straight and therefore less likely to develop cavities. However, it is still important to understand that orthodontic treatment in these circumstances is optional and not of vital importance.
Aesthetics orthodontics treatments can be done over the years and not necessarily during adolescence.
Treatment and early diagnosis is the best
Orthodontists are trained to detect problems early, so that treatment can be done before braces or surgery are necessary. At Políclinicas Dental Idiáquez in San Sebastián, you can consult with your orthodontists and the treatment that is most appropriate in each case. In general, it is best to have a good diagnosis as soon as possible, as early treatment generally makes the whole process simpler, even more cost-effective, and helps ensure a better outcome going forward.
As we age, the jawbone stops growing and hardens, so orthodontic treatment, while still possible, becomes a bit more difficult and sometimes the expected results are not achieved.
If treatment begins at an early age such as eight and nine, there is an opportunity to guide the growth of the jawbone and to be able to change the position and width of the jaw bones. Unfortunately, this is not possible for adults and alternative solutions may require surgery or the extraction of many teeth in order to correct the bite.
This is not to say that all seven-year-olds should automatically see an orthodontist, but it is very important that they attend regular check-ups with their dentist. In addition to going to regular check-ups, your dentist will be attentive to any problems that may require early orthodontic intervention.
For more information about orthodontic treatments check http://www.policlinicadentalidiaquez.com/ in San Sebastián Spain. Here you can get all the information about treatments that you need.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Love never fails to share, heal, and give hope where hope does not always exist or show up, Dr. Marcia
- The Essential Guide To Managing Stress At Work
- Understanding The Benefits Of Concrete
- Understanding The Primary Types Of Fences
- The Best Roofing Materials That You Need To Know
- Tree Service
- 5 Simple Ways To Help Your Business Thrive
- 7 Important Safety Tips For Summer Driving
- Childhood Poverty in the USA Eliminated Forever!
- Darlox Electronics Limited: One-stop solution reduces the barriers for customers to enter the industrial field
- 7 Benefits of Wearing Personalized Name Necklaces
- Is a primary school child too young to learn first aid?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #8 - Key Strategies For U.S. Homeowners Preventing Home Fraud
- What Is the Significance of Christian and Catholic Jewelry Cross Variants?
- How to make your finished basement feel like a new home
- "Why choosing the right kitchen remodeling company can make or break your remodel
- 7 Facts about Eternity Bands
- Instagram: Reality or Fake?
- Why Fresh Graduates Are Unemployed?
- Homeopathic Acne Treatment
- Cyber Addiction - The Other Apocalyptic Virus
- Does Wisdom Increase with Age?
- Zimbabwean Pool company launches a one stop online pool store.
- How to improve sales with Web Design
- Indecent Jokes Are Never Funny!
- 10 professional tips for dress mannequin for e-commerce business
- Are You Making Any of These Website Mistakes?
- Why need photo retouching for photography business - Ultimate Guide
- Circumstances Beyond Our Control, Or Are They?
- REFLECT YOUR SUN SIGNS WITH THE INTERIOR DESIGN OF YOUR HOUSE