Post-COVID Marketing Strategies for Plastic Surgeons
- Author Catherine Maley, Mba
- Published July 25, 2021
- Word count 839
Now that most practices are “open for business” again, you are probably enjoying a surge of cosmetic patients who have been waiting anxiously to get in to see you.
That’s fantastic, but I’m not sure you should count on that surge lasting.
A majority of cosmetic patients still fear for their safety, and or they have uncertainty about the economy, and if they still have a job, they are on the sidelines waiting it out.
So, what do you do when the demand for cosmetic services decreases?
Typically, you spend more on advertising to find patients ready for your services.
And you drop your prices because you would rather lose some profit margin than lose the patient altogether.
But now you need to see more patients make up for the discounted pricing, so you need to spend more on advertising to find more patients, and around and around it goes.
Before you spend more on random advertising and drop your prices, check out these 3 marketing strategies proven to keep you busy:
YOUR CURRENT PATIENTS ARE YOUR GOLDMINE
The fastest and straightest path to one of the easiest sources of new profits is to consistently go back to your past and current patients.
The fact is, your patients trust you already, they have faith in your abilities, and they like you.
They are already bonded with you so wearing PPE isn’t going to dramatically hinder your relationship as it will with brand new patients who don’t know you.
They are more likely to agree with your recommendations, say yes, and move forward faster, while new patients need to shop around.
When you honor their loyalty, they will reciprocate by returning…. It’s that simple.
The secret is to “see” each patient as a revenue-producing asset and a member of your team. Treat them with respect and kindness and show your appreciation and gratitude for them choosing you over all the other competitors surrounding you.
FOCUS ON WORD-OF-MOUTH REFERRALS
Most practices rely on somewhere between 20%, 40%, 70% of their business on referrals. Yet, they have not given any thought to having a system in place for referrals.
They simply wait around and hope that referrals are going to come in on their own.
But the lifeblood of every profitable practice is lots and lots of referrals. Patients come in from the recommendation of another patient. That costs you nothing except great customer service and good results.
The best part about referred patients is they are less cost-sensitive, convert more easily, and are pre-disposed to refer somebody else.
You can’t buy that kind of advertising to attract patients who are 90% ready to convert before they even meet you.
Brainstorm about all the little things you can do that cost you little but are actually high value to patients who see you went above and beyond their expectations, so they remember a “WOW” experience with you.
For example, present your post-op surgical patients with a goody bag full of your skincare products, referral cards, thank you note and a gift card to experience your non-surgical procedures.
CHANGE YOUR MESSAGE
The way to get attention in today’s crowded world is to be different. That means stop doing what everyone else is doing!
Since our industry has matured, many practices fall into “sameness”. But then you don’t stand out as a better choice for your patients.
It’s time to change your message. For example, rather than the same message of “Hello, I’m a plastic surgeon”, change it to “Welcome, I will use my skills and expertise to help transform you into the person you’ve always wanted to be, safely and with impeccable customer service so you feel like part of our family.”
But then live up to that. While everyone else sends appointment reminders, your coordinator personally calls to introduces herself and help prepare them for their consultation.
While everyone else waits for patients to call if they have any concerns, you make courtesy calls to ensure they are comfortable and happy.
And, while everyone else discounts their services or uses vendor programs, you strategically honor their loyalty with your own customized rewards program that does NOT discount but does encourage them to help you grow your practice in several ways.
I promise you, if you would focus on growing your practice “from the inside out” rather than the “outside-in”, that’s where all your leverage is to grow faster, easier, and cheaper than your current attempts.
If you need a marketing plan to “attract – convert – follow up – retain” cosmetic patients, I have a Predictable Patient Attraction Plan that does just that.
I guarantee at least a 300% return and the work is done for you.
You will have an automatic steady stream of cash-paying patients who:
• Return again and again
• Refer their friends
• Give your great reviews
• Share, like, and post about you on social and more.
Schedule a call with me to see if your practice has what it takes to grow faster, cheaper, and smarter.
Since Year 2000, Catherine Maley, MBA has been a plastic surgery growth business and marketing consultant, author, speaker, trainer, blogger, and podcaster. Her website is www.CatherineMaley.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Marketers Should Use WordPress Themes?
- How to Keep Staff Busy While You’re In Surgery
- Selling the Invisible: 4 Key Elements Needed to Promote Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Plastic Surgery Practice
- Cosmetic Patient No-Shows Are a Problem
- The Truth About New Cosmetic Patient Leads
- My Speaking Trip to Saudi Arabia
- Top Ways to Attract More Plastic Surgery Patients in 2021
- How Plastic Surgery Marketing Will Change in 2021
- Patient Consultations are NOT Converting!
- How to Use ChatBot As Customer Service Tool
- What Are the Main Chat Bot Benefits For Online Sellers?
- #1 Reason Cosmetic Patients Choose YOU
- 3 Easier Ways to Increase Aesthetic Revenues
- Attract Affluent Plastic Surgery Patients
- How to Increase Sale Conversion Using ChatBot Software
- How Do Chat Bots Work?
- Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgery Email Marketing
- Make It Impossible for Patients to Say No
- How to Increase Sales of Your Products Online
- Fix Your Follow Up for Plastic Surgeons
- The COMPLETE Cosmetic Patient Flow Plan
- FPC flexible circuit board company Darlox Electronics: production orders have been scheduled to October
- Turn Your Staff Into Revenue Generators
- The Plan for More Cosmetic Patients
- How to Setup High Converting PPC Campaigns
- Quick Summer Cash Surges
- How to Target List Buyers For Your Internet Marketing Business
- Cosmetic Patient Loyalty Program