Make It Impossible for Patients to Say No
- Author Catherine Maley, Mba
- Published September 11, 2021
- Word count 931
Make it impossible for patients to say no to you by using Nordstrom’s risk reversal strategy. If you buy anything at Nordstrom, you know that if anything goes wrong with it or you are unhappy in any way, they will take it back…no questions asked.
In fact, Nordstrom’s guarantee is what built its iconic business. The confidence of knowing that they will take back anything is what sets your mind at ease buying from Nordstrom. And, they are definitely not the cheapest place in town, and they are not offering discounts at every turn.
What consumers really want is to make a smart buying decision. We all have “stuff” we bought and wished we hadn’t, or we felt pressured into, and now we’re stuck with it and live with regret. That makes consumers wary of doing it again and wasting money.
This fear is huge in cosmetic rejuvenation. It’s a much bigger deal when your body is at stake, so cosmetic prospective patients are afraid to make a decision. They’re scared they will not get what they want and then regret it. So, they’re on the fence for years, deciding if they should or shouldn’t move forward with plastic surgery. And then once they decide they should now they have to decide “who” to choose to perform the procedure.
So knowing that about consumers, it would behoove you to figure out how to calm their fears, so they choose you. The more you remove the risk (called risk reversal), the more consultations you will convert because you are lowering the hurdle of entry (which is fear) for the cosmetic patient.
There is an interesting psychological factor with humans. They want you to be more at risk than they are. Cosmetic patients are scared of making the wrong decision. And if you overcome that concern, you win over your competitors.
The best companies and marketers out there use risk reversal to make it easy for the consumer to buy.
But transferring the risk from the patient’s shoulders to yours is a very touchy subject for plastic surgeons.
Most surgeons think they will go broke if they offer some sort of guarantee, so hear me out.
Think about what you currently do when a patient comes back to you after a procedure and is livid and upset by the results they got. You, too, can see it’s not the optimal result, and this patient isn’t crazy, so don’t you do a touch-up? Or even go back in to perform a revision at no charge? Or, if it escalates, don’t you even refund them their money after they sign an agreement not to disparage you?
So if you would do it anyway, why not get credit for it and use that risk reversal to convert more consultations, especially when the patient is deciding which of you or your competitors to go with?
Most plastic surgeons are scared to give guarantees because they think their patients will take advantage of them. Well, it will happen on occasion.
But most cosmetic patients are honest and ethical if you choose wisely. And those patients that take advantage of you would have done the same thing even if you didn’t have a guarantee.
By the way, you are not advertising your guarantee. You are only using it in the consultation with the patient who is on the fence and close to making a decision. But the fear factor is preventing them from saying yes.
HERE ARE A FEW PARTICULARS ABOUT RISK REVERSAL
- Be definite. Don’t just say, “our services are guaranteed.”
Take time to show your patients what results they should expect. Walk them through it and carefully explain and educate them on the emotional and physical benefits you offer. Here is a sample script:
“If you don’t look at yourself in the mirror and feel more confident and secure after this procedure, then I want you to come back and ask for a refund. That’s how strongly I believe this procedure will work for you.”
- Make your guarantee for the longest time period possible.
Since cosmetic results can take months and even up to one year for the final results, make sure the patient is aware of the time frame. Interestingly, the longer amount of time you make your guarantee, the lower the number of refunds.
Watch Your Numbers After Instituting Risk Transference
When a practice begins assuming the risk for the patient, it is not uncommon for them to see double or triple the amount of scheduled surgeries.
With those kinds of numbers, it makes the handful of people who take you up on your guarantee well worth it. You will have a whole lot more cosmetic patients use your services because of this unique feature.
Look, if you are confident in your abilities like I know you are. And you are selecting patients that make sense. Then they should be getting the results and outcomes they want. State your guarantee in the strongest possible, legally permissible terms.
As prospective patients are weighing their options and comparing surgeons, think about the difference your guarantee will make in their minds. If you want to help propel uncertain patients “off the fence” this will do it.
When you use this risk reversal strategy, the revenues you gain in booked surgeries will far surpass the revenues you will lose. I guarantee it
Discover more tips, tactics, and strategies to book more surgeries by joining me in The Converting Club for Coordinators.
Since The Year 2000, Catherine Maley, MBA has been a plastic surgery growth business and marketing consultant, author, speaker, trainer, blogger, and podcaster. Her website is www.CatherineMaley.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Marketers Should Use WordPress Themes?
- How to Keep Staff Busy While You’re In Surgery
- Selling the Invisible: 4 Key Elements Needed to Promote Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Plastic Surgery Practice
- Cosmetic Patient No-Shows Are a Problem
- The Truth About New Cosmetic Patient Leads
- My Speaking Trip to Saudi Arabia
- Top Ways to Attract More Plastic Surgery Patients in 2021
- How Plastic Surgery Marketing Will Change in 2021
- Patient Consultations are NOT Converting!
- How to Use ChatBot As Customer Service Tool
- What Are the Main Chat Bot Benefits For Online Sellers?
- #1 Reason Cosmetic Patients Choose YOU
- 3 Easier Ways to Increase Aesthetic Revenues
- Attract Affluent Plastic Surgery Patients
- How to Increase Sale Conversion Using ChatBot Software
- How Do Chat Bots Work?
- Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgery Email Marketing
- How to Increase Sales of Your Products Online
- Fix Your Follow Up for Plastic Surgeons
- The COMPLETE Cosmetic Patient Flow Plan
- FPC flexible circuit board company Darlox Electronics: production orders have been scheduled to October
- Turn Your Staff Into Revenue Generators
- The Plan for More Cosmetic Patients
- How to Setup High Converting PPC Campaigns
- Quick Summer Cash Surges
- How to Target List Buyers For Your Internet Marketing Business
- Cosmetic Patient Loyalty Program