Patient Consultations are NOT Converting!
- Author Catherine Maley, Mba
- Published September 19, 2021
- Word count 821
I often hear from surgeons like you, they have a nice office and great staff, but their patient consultations are NOT converting.
For some reason, the problem is in getting new prospective patient consultations to say yes to surgery, but you don’t know what to do differently.
You may be spending up to an hour with the prospective patient, and then your coordinator spends time with them, and they still don’t book. Ugh!
So, you have a full day of consultations, back-to-back who do NOT book surgeries or other big-ticket procedures. What a waste of time and energy!
Plastic surgeons tell me regularly how their consultation conversion rate used to be in the high 70’s, but many have fallen to 20-35%, so they ask themselves….
“Why aren’t we booking more consultations!?!”
THE QUALITY OF YOUR PATIENT CONSULTATIONS
To answer that question, the first place to start is with the quality of the prospective cosmetic surgery patient you are attracting.
Remember that computer term, “garbage in – garbage out,” and I don’t mean anything bad about the patient as a person. I’m only referring to their quality as a cosmetic surgery patient….big difference.
By that, I mean how mentally, physically, and financially prepared are they to move forward with cosmetic surgery?
Don’t you want to know that BEFORE you spend your valuable time with them?
If your patient consultations are NOT converting, here’s what you want to consider BEFORE meeting them:
WHERE DID YOUR NEW PATIENT CONSULTATIONS COME FROM?
Where a patient came from is your first indication of the quality of that patient. If they came from their girlfriend or sister who got fantastic results from you, you are as close to getting a yes as you can be.
If they came from your killer before/after photos and your 5-star online patient reviews, that’s pretty good too.
However, if they came from the Internet – beware.
The Internet has created short attention spans and click-crazy would-be cosmetic patients, so it’s tough to get their attention. And even when you do, you can lose it just as fast when they run across your competitors, and now they vacillate and change their minds.
DID THE NEW PROSPECTIVE PATIENT BOND WITH YOU BEFORE THEIR VISIT?
If your patient consultations are not converting, it could be because there is no connection.
Your coordinator needs to be seen as the patient’s “aesthetic advisor” so they are comfortable enough to open up to the coordinator and tell them what they want and why they want it; along with other important personal information.
Several poignant questions need to be asked to help ensure this patient has the mental and physical health and the financial wherewithal to move forward.
IS THE PROSPECTIVE PATIENT INFORMED?
It may feel counter-intuitive but the more informed a cosmetic surgery prospective patient is at their consultation, the more likely they are to book.
Most surgeons I know like to use their time with the patient educating them since it helps them bond with the patient; however, that can also work against you.
While the patient appreciates the information, this could be new to them, so they are going to have the dreaded response….. “I gotta think about it.”
So they don’t book their consultation. They go back to the Internet to research even more, and you may never see them again.
A great way to avoid that is to prepare a private page on your Website and name it your Patient Resource Center.
This page includes a Welcome Video from you telling the patient you’re excited to meet them and inviting them to check out your FAQ, videos where you personally explain the procedure and address the common objections you get.
This way, the patient is more informed when they meet you and has intelligent questions to ask you that they have already thought a lot about. So when you address those, you are that much closer to a yes. You also save a lot of time.
Are you seeing how much detail goes into the consultation process?
I can help simplify that for you and your coordinator with my latest work to help you convert more consultations.
INTRODUCING……THE CONVERTING CLUB FOR PATIENT COORDINATORS
This is a private club where I train your coordinator(s) to convert more consults by at least 15%.
When your patient consultations are not converting, you need the competitive edge, so your staff is professionally trained to educate them, so patients choose you as the BEST CHOICE.
Here’s what The Converting Club includes:
• Video Training Library of me personally explaining strategies for each step of the process;
• Quizzes to help your coordinator retain what they learn
• Monthly Q&A Calls for added motivation and strategies that work
• Weekly Metrics for accountability
• Coaching Calls to go over metrics and fine-tune their process
Contact me for more information!
Since The Year 2000, Catherine Maley, MBA has been a plastic surgery growth business and marketing consultant, author, speaker, trainer, blogger, and podcaster. Her website is www.CatherineMaley.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Setup High Converting PPC Ads
- Common Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgeons and Branding | How to Brand Cosmetic Surgery Practices
- Convert More Consults with Risk Reversal Strategy
- Prevent Problem Patients [Checklist]
- Plastic Surgeon PR | So, You Want To Be Famous?
- Plastic Surgery Marketing | Know Your Numbers
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgery Receptionist Phone Skills
- Does your receptionist need phone skills?
- Convert More Plastic Surgery Consultations
- Dealing with the Unhappy Cosmetic Patient
- Importance of experiential marketing in the printing industry by 2021
- How to Follow-Up AFTER the Consult
- What is a Good Conversion Rate?
- How To Run Your Practice Like A Business
- Why Marketers Should Use WordPress Themes?
- How to Keep Staff Busy While You’re In Surgery
- Selling the Invisible: 4 Key Elements Needed to Promote Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Plastic Surgery Practice
- Cosmetic Patient No-Shows Are a Problem
- Flackable Kicks Off Marketing Vendor Search, Selection And Intermediary Program
- How to Improve Facebook Likes Organically?