My Speaking Trip to Saudi Arabia
- Author Catherine Maley, Mba
- Published September 19, 2021
- Word count 476
My speaking trip to Saudi Arabia was a lifetime experience, and I am grateful for the memories.
I spoke at the Jeddah Injection Boot Camp in Jeddah.
Check out the photos on Instagram and Facebook.
They welcomed me with 5-star accommodations (business class, limos, and the Ritz) and treated me like royalty.
A couple of interesting facts include:
• Jeddah is where our conference was and is considered the most “liberal” city compared to other cities like Riyadh;
• More than 50% of the people work for the government and are well taken care of;
• Many of the doctors I met studied at Mt. Sinai in NY
It was fascinating to learn more about a culture so different than mine. And, at the same time, learn that we are not so different after all…
Here are 3 ways the Saudis are similar to us when it comes to cosmetic rejuvenation:
- THERE IS A BIG DEMAND FOR AESTHETICS
That surprised me since the females are covered up in black burqas, hijabs, and abayas, and the men wear colored headscarves and white robes, but once again, the saying, “Vanity knows no bounds” is still true no matter where you live.
And just like us, they like big full lips, plump cheeks, wrinkle-free skin, and hair! They also like breast augs and liposuction.
I visited a popular cosmetic clinic where one waiting area was full of women completely covered in black burqas wanting injectables and laser hair removal, while another waiting area was full of men in white robes and headscarves wanting hair restoration. Who knew?
- THE COMPETITION IS HEATING UP
As in any marketplace, the increase in consumer demand also increases the supply of cosmetic providers.
That’s why these conferences are happening throughout the Middle East. The doctors want to learn the cash side of medicine and cater to the demand, so they get hands-on training.
Several doctors I spoke with are currently working in a government hospital but have a goal of going private. Sound familiar?
- THEY MUST MARKET THEIR COSMETIC SERVICES
A famous plastic surgeon who has been in practice for 25 years attended my branding and marketing presentation, and he was telling me how much things have changed dramatically within the last few years.
He was always very busy and lived off of word-of-mouth and very little advertising. However, the younger doctors are entering the marketplace and using Instagram to attract patients, so he is losing to them.
So, he was at the conference to learn and grow. Good for him!
By the way, they all know the Kardashians and credit them for increasing the demand for cosmetic services! I told them to start their own “Real Housewives of Saudi Arabia,” so we’ll see
Suffice it to say, this was a magical trip, and it was a pleasure meeting everyone. I thank them for their hospitality and friendliness.
Since The Year 2000, Catherine Maley, MBA has been a plastic surgery growth business and marketing consultant, author, speaker, trainer, blogger, and podcaster. Her website is www.CatherineMaley.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Setup High Converting PPC Ads
- Common Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgeons and Branding | How to Brand Cosmetic Surgery Practices
- Convert More Consults with Risk Reversal Strategy
- Prevent Problem Patients [Checklist]
- Plastic Surgeon PR | So, You Want To Be Famous?
- Plastic Surgery Marketing | Know Your Numbers
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgery Receptionist Phone Skills
- Does your receptionist need phone skills?
- Convert More Plastic Surgery Consultations
- Dealing with the Unhappy Cosmetic Patient
- Importance of experiential marketing in the printing industry by 2021
- How to Follow-Up AFTER the Consult
- What is a Good Conversion Rate?
- How To Run Your Practice Like A Business
- Why Marketers Should Use WordPress Themes?
- How to Keep Staff Busy While You’re In Surgery
- Selling the Invisible: 4 Key Elements Needed to Promote Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Plastic Surgery Practice
- Cosmetic Patient No-Shows Are a Problem
- Flackable Kicks Off Marketing Vendor Search, Selection And Intermediary Program
- How to Improve Facebook Likes Organically?