Does your receptionist need phone skills?
- Author Catherine Maley, Mba
- Published October 9, 2021
- Word count 565
The answer is yes when you can hear your receptionist on the phone, and you cringe. Because no matter how many times you tell her what to say, she will often say something random and lose the caller.
For example, you hear her say, “No, we don’t do that.” and she hangs up on the caller.
When you ask her which procedure the caller was asking about, she tells you the caller wanted something called [brand name skin tightening device,] and she told them we don’t do that.”
So you have to explain to your receptionist you don’t offer that particular name brand because you found something that works even better, and THAT’S what she should have told the caller.
That one mistake costs us $4,500, so, YES, your receptionist needs phone skills before she loses even more callers.
Bad Practice Phones Cost A Lot
Every practice has experienced “bad phones” that are costing them patients and thousands of dollars in lost revenues.
Let’s do the math: If your receptionist loses that $4,500 caller just 1x/week, that adds up to $234,000 per year! Wow!
The solution to Fix Your Phones is simple but not easy. Here’s what it takes to get your phones in order:
Get the right person in that position
Give them the training and tools they need to represent you and your practice professionally
Hold them accountable, so they consistently perform well for you and BOOK Appointments
That’s how you prepare your receptionist to handle patient inquiries effectively and fill up your schedule. Otherwise, your new patients aren’t ever going to meet you if your receptionist can’t successfully convert these callers into appointments.
Frankly, your receptionist may be unknowingly sabotaging your best practice promotional efforts simply because they don’t have the tools they need. Think about how YOU feel when you call a business and your call is handled poorly.
Certainly, that’s not the way the owner would want you to be treated. Well, it’s the same in your practice. Most surgeons don’t believe this happens in their office – until they hear it for themselves.
I assure you, in my consulting work, I have called hundreds of practices and have been amazed at what I’ve heard on the other end of the phone.
Rather than me belaboring the point – test it for yourself. Call your office as any prospective patient would, and then tell me what you think.
Every call affects your bottom line. And either enhances your image or destroys it. Your staff can represent you as a true professional or not – but the choice is up to you.
During my staff training sessions, I often hear, “But, I don’t know what to say when the patient says that.” Or,
“What else could I have said that would have made a difference?” My answer is – plenty!
Prepare your receptionist for success. Equip them with effective responses, phrases, and questions to help them not only bond with and educate your patients but actually close.
With the right words to say, your staff will be so comfortable with the process and so prepared that they’ll look forward to phone calls and patient interactions because they’re confident, trained, and ready to close!
And that’s why I developed exceptional receptionist training that increases your conversions up to 30% within days.
Since The Year 2000, Catherine Maley, MBA has been a plastic surgery growth business and marketing consultant, author, speaker, trainer, blogger, and podcaster. Her website is www.CatherineMaley.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Setup High Converting PPC Ads
- Common Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgeons and Branding | How to Brand Cosmetic Surgery Practices
- Convert More Consults with Risk Reversal Strategy
- Prevent Problem Patients [Checklist]
- Plastic Surgeon PR | So, You Want To Be Famous?
- Plastic Surgery Marketing | Know Your Numbers
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?
- Plastic Surgery Receptionist Phone Skills
- Convert More Plastic Surgery Consultations
- Dealing with the Unhappy Cosmetic Patient
- Importance of experiential marketing in the printing industry by 2021
- How to Follow-Up AFTER the Consult
- What is a Good Conversion Rate?
- How To Run Your Practice Like A Business
- Why Marketers Should Use WordPress Themes?
- How to Keep Staff Busy While You’re In Surgery
- Selling the Invisible: 4 Key Elements Needed to Promote Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Plastic Surgery Practice
- Cosmetic Patient No-Shows Are a Problem
- Flackable Kicks Off Marketing Vendor Search, Selection And Intermediary Program
- How to Improve Facebook Likes Organically?