Plastic Surgery Receptionist Phone Skills
- Author Catherine Maley, Mba
- Published October 9, 2021
- Word count 638
THIS WEEK’S QUESTION: PLASTIC SURGERY RECEPTIONIST PHONE SKILLS: DOES SHE HAVE THE TRAINING TO CONVERT CALLERS?
I can hear my receptionist on the phone, and I cringe at her phone skills. No matter how many times I tell her what to say, she will often say something random and loses the caller.
Just today, I heard her say, “No, we don’t do that,” and she hung up on the caller. When I asked her which procedure the caller was asking about, she told me….
…..”The caller wanted something called [brand name skin tightening device,] and I told her we don’t do that.”
So I had to explain to my receptionist we don’t offer that particular name brand because we found something that works even better, and THAT’S what she should have told the caller.
That one mistake costs us $4,500. Any suggestions for fixing my phones? Dr. T
Dear Dr. T,
Your question is a good one. Every practice has experienced “bad phones” that cost them patients and thousands of dollars in lost revenues.
THE COST OF BAD PLASTIC SURGERY RECEPTIONIST PHONE SKILLS
Let’s do the math: If your receptionist loses that $4,500 caller just 1x/week, that adds up to $234,000 per year! Wow!
The solution to Fix Your Phones is simple but not easy.
Here’s what it takes to get your phones in order:
Get the right person in that position
Give them the phone skills training and tools your receptionist needs to represent you and your practice professionally
Hold them accountable, so they consistently perform well for you and BOOK Appointment
That’s how you prepare your receptionist to handle patient inquiries effectively and fill up your schedule.
Otherwise, your new patients aren’t ever going to meet you if your receptionist can’t successfully convert these callers into appointments.
Frankly, your receptionist may be unknowingly sabotaging your best practice promotional efforts simply because they don’t have the receptionist
phone skills training and tools they need.
TEST YOUR PLASTIC SURGERY RECEPTIONIST PHONE SKILLS
Think about how YOU feel when you call a business. And your call is handled poorly. Certainly, that’s not the way the owner would want you to be treated. Well, it’s the same in your practice. Most doctors don’t believe this happens in their office – until they hear it for themselves.
I assure you, in my consulting work, I have called hundreds of practices and have been amazed at what I’ve heard on the other end of the phone.
Rather than me belaboring the point – test it for yourself.
Call your office as any prospective patient would, and then tell me what you think.
Every call affects your bottom line, and either enhances your image or destroys it. Your staff can represent you as a true professional or not – but the choice is up to you.
During my staff training sessions, I often hear, “But, I don’t know what to say when the patient says that.” Or, “What else could I have said that would have made a difference?” My answer is – plenty!
Prepare your receptionist for success. Equip them with effective responses, phrases, and questions to help them not only bond with and educate your patients but actually close.
With the right words to say, your staff will be so comfortable with the process and so prepared that they’ll look forward to phone calls and patient interactions because they’re confident, trained, and ready to close!
Are YOUR phones set up for success or sabotage?
How have YOU tackled YOUR OWN phone frustrations?
If you know or suspect your phones are not being handled professionally, it’s an easy fix, so get your receptionist the phone skills she needs to represent you professionally.
Since The Year 2000, Catherine Maley, MBA has been a plastic surgery growth business and marketing consultant, author, speaker, trainer, blogger, and podcaster. Her website is www.CatherineMaley.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Setup High Converting PPC Ads
- Common Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgeons and Branding | How to Brand Cosmetic Surgery Practices
- Convert More Consults with Risk Reversal Strategy
- Prevent Problem Patients [Checklist]
- Plastic Surgeon PR | So, You Want To Be Famous?
- Plastic Surgery Marketing | Know Your Numbers
- Thinking About Adding a Laser to Your Practice? Renting Versus Owning
- How to Design a Killer Plastic Surgery Ad that Gets a Response
- How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- 10 Plastic Surgery Marketing Tips
- Build a Successful Cosmetic Practice One Patient at a Time
- It Takes a Marketing Mix to Grow a Plastic Surgery Practice
- Marketing Plastic Surgery Procedures
- Are You a Rich Surgeon or Poor Surgeon?
- Does your receptionist need phone skills?
- Convert More Plastic Surgery Consultations
- Dealing with the Unhappy Cosmetic Patient
- Importance of experiential marketing in the printing industry by 2021
- How to Follow-Up AFTER the Consult
- What is a Good Conversion Rate?
- How To Run Your Practice Like A Business
- Why Marketers Should Use WordPress Themes?
- How to Keep Staff Busy While You’re In Surgery
- Selling the Invisible: 4 Key Elements Needed to Promote Cosmetic Surgery Procedures
- Grow a Multi-Million Dollar Plastic Surgery Practice
- Cosmetic Patient No-Shows Are a Problem
- Flackable Kicks Off Marketing Vendor Search, Selection And Intermediary Program
- How to Improve Facebook Likes Organically?