How Do You Follow Up After the Patient Consultation?
- Author Catherine Maley, Mba
- Published October 11, 2021
- Word count 485
How do you follow up after the patient consultation? Or, don’t you bother?
You may be under the belief that once a prospective plastic surgery patient leaves your office without booking the procedure you and your office just spent an hour talking about, all is lost. You may be assuming they are a lost cause, but is that true? Not necessarily….
There are all sorts of reasons the patient didn’t say yes at their consultation.
Maybe they didn’t agree with your recommendation.
Maybe they got sticker shock.
Maybe they chickened out or a whole host of other reasons you’ll never know about if you don’t follow up.
Patients today can be fickle consumers who shop around. There is a very good chance they visited you as well as several of your competitors, so they feel as if they did their due diligence to make an educated decision based on comparison shopping.
But maybe that left them confused as to who to pick, so they are stuck. So now they go back to procrastinating because of their uncertainty.
On the other hand, let’s say you did everything right, and now you are stuck because you don’t know how or even if you should follow up for fear of looking as if you are chasing the patient. I always find that comical because you should much more afraid of losing that patient to your competitor.
The biggest reason you don’t follow up is because you don’t know how. And that uncertainty makes you uncomfortable. Instead, use these tactics to follow up professionally and close the procedure:
• Send a handwritten note to the prospective patient immediately. Express how much you and your staff enjoyed meeting them and that Sara, your coordinator, will be following up on Friday if you don’t hear back sooner;
• Now be sure Sara calls back on Friday to check in and attempt to close the procedure by saying you still have surgical dates available this month or she’ll have to wait until next month;
• Have your patient coordinator call the patient with an important development that just came up; i.e., CareCredit is offering a new 0% financing program or there’s been a surgery rescheduled, so if they can book now, they can save $500. The point is to make it compelling.
• Lastly, mail/email them a current article you wrote, or found on the Internet talking about the very procedure they are interested in and, again, ask for a decision.
And, if none of that works, simply add them to your database so they can receive your invitations, newsletters, and email blasts because you just never know when they are ready for you.
For more tips, strategies, and videos to learn how to follow up after the patient consultation, visit The Converting Club to train your coordinator to be a converting rock star.
Since The Year 2000, Catherine Maley, MBA has been a plastic surgery growth business and marketing consultant, author, speaker, trainer, blogger, and podcaster. Her website is www.CatherineMaley.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Unmasking the Dark Side of Influencer Culture: The Rise of Fake Influencers
- How a Digital Marketing Agency Fuels Small Business Growth
- Envisioning Digital Ascendance: Unleashing the Unseen Architects of Online Success with Professional SEO Consulting
- How Digital Marketing Services Can Improve Customer Engagement
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Using AI for Marketing Content Creation
- Shopify Product Listing and Management: A Comprehensive Guide to Streamlining Your eCommerce Operations
- 7 Common Digital Marketing Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
- Custom Non-Woven Bags: The Sustainable Choice for Branding
- High Point SEO & Marketing Company: Your Digital Partner in Connecticut
- Yoga Services in Markham: Elevate Your Well-Being
- Level-Up Your Content Marketing: 10 Steps to Get Started
- Copywriter in Seo.ua
- 06 Reasons Why the Role of Social Media is Vital in Public Relations
- Marketing in Xbet
- How High-Quality B2B Email Leads Drive Business Growth in the digital age
- The importance of branding in marketing
- Comprehensive Guide to Creating the Perfect WordPress Website Design
- Earn From Home: The Ultimate Guide to Online Writing Jobs
- Product Marketing Agencies: Unveiling the Secrets to Successful Product Promotion
- Find The Best Website Developer In USA To Build Your Website
- YouTube Shorts: Unleash Your Creativity with 6 New Tools
- Explainer Video Scripts - Writing an Effective Script for an Explainer Video
- Black Elephant Creative, East Africa's Premier Marketing Powerhouse Agency in Tanzania
- Las Vegas Digital Marketing for DeVille Digital Marketing
- Finding the Perfect Fit: Navigating Kraft Box Sizes for Your Packaging Needs
- "5 pratical and Achievable Methods to Earn Money Online"
- Stealth Startups - Overview, Pros and Cons You Should Know
- Drive More Sales and Leads through Digital Marketing Services
- Top 5 Google Ads Campaign Success Tips for 2023
- Pioneering Email Marketing for Beginners: A Comprehensive Review of Cliqly