Why make mindfulness a habit
- Author Maria Rufino
- Published November 6, 2021
- Word count 536
There’s no denying that there is a connection between life and stress. Nowadays stress is a common problem in modern life. Whether you’re a student, nine to five worker or a housewife, stress manages to infiltrate itself into your life and damage your wellbeing in the process.
It had been a rough couple of weeks when I myself decided to opt for meditation and mindfulness, but it wasn’t until I fully understood the meaning behind it that I could finally grasp its benefits.
Mentalhealth.org.uk describes stress as the body's response to pressure from a situation or life events. What contributes to stress varies from person to person. Anything from our environment to social or economic circumstances. Stress triggers a known response called “fight or flight” which helps us respond quickly in dangerous situations.
While some doses of stress have beneficial reactions, if pushed too far, stress can be the cause of major danger to your health. You can still prevent yourself and bring your mind and body back into balance.
Here are a few symptoms of stress to look out for :
Becoming easily agitated, frustrated, and moody
Feeling overwhelmed, like you are losing control or need to take control
Having difficulty relaxing and quieting your mind
Experience a calm inner you.
"MEDITATION PROVIDES A WAY OF LEARNING HOW TO LET GO. AS WE SIT, THE SELF WE’VE BEEN TRYING TO CONSTRUCT AND MAKE INTO A NICE NEAT PACKAGE CONTINUES TO UNRAVEL. "
A common misunderstanding is that people often equate mindfulness and meditation with one another. Meditation and mindfulness have its similarities as they ultimately complement and support each other, but they are completely different things. Let's take a look
Meditation is a way to take back control of your emotions. While it may be good or satisfying even to let yourself feel these emotions, they should be under your control. Through meditation you learn to handle these emotions in a way that fits you best.
There are many different types of meditation that focus on awareness, opening the mind, inner peace and the list goes on. Here are a few examples:
While mindfulness is as simple as to slow down and notice your surroundings, as you quietly pay attention to your thoughts, body and breathing, it activates all of your senses. By being mindful you're helping yourself maintain a moment by moment awareness. You learn to stop your mind from wandering and that can be see as the most difficult part of practising mindfulness, since we can't instruct the mind what not to think. And unlike meditation, can be practiced at any given time. Here are a few practices:
Mindfulness of body meditation
Mindfulness of breath meditation
Mindfulness of sounds meditation
Mindfulness is a way to clear the mind and refocus on the present moment and meditation is a process of training your mind to redirect your thoughts. Many may also see it as an effective way to reduce stress and develop concentration.
And even though it can look as if they overlap each other in many ways, meditation is simply one of the many roads to mindful living.
I'm a 21 y/o student, poet, writer, and journalist. Although born in Rio de Janeiro, I've lived in Miami and now currently settled in Stockholm, Sweden. I hope to inspire others through my work.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Accelerating Injury Recovery in Baseball Players: The Power of Electric Muscle Stimulation
- Unlocking Muscle Growth: How to Build Muscle with Electric Muscle Stimulation
- "Tech-Driven Serenity: 5 Quick Ways to Relieve Stress and Calm Your Mind"
- Cold Exposure: Whole Body Cryotherapy VS. Ice Baths
- 6 Ways to Cut Your Prescription Costs
- The Importance of Health and Wellness in the Workplace
- Why Incorporating Hex Bars into Your Strength Training Routine is a Game-Changer
- Shams Ishtiaque Rahman: Pioneering a Fitness Revolution in Bangladesh
- Optimize Your Performance by Preparing Your Muscles for Intense Workouts
- Say Goodbye to Tiredness: How Endurance Athletes Can Boost Energy Levels
- Supercharge Your Performance: How to Optimize Testosterone for Athletes
- How Mental Fitness Can Improve Your Strength Training Performance
- Maximizing Gains: Tips and Tricks for Building Muscle as a Strength Athlete
- Why Should Caregivers Consider Using Respite Care Today?
- 500 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh | 500 Hour Yoga TTC in Rishikesh
- READY, SET, GO, and IMPLODE
- On the Myriad Health Benefits that Meditation Provides
- Journey to Inner Peace: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program in Rishikesh
- Transform Your Life: 100 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh with Focus on Philosophy and Self-Discovery
- Everything you need to know about 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India !
- Because There Was Never Anybody There in the First Place
- Doctors Gave Up Fixing Her Sciatica, but Today She Feels Brand New
- Say Goodbye to Back Pain: How to Get Relief Naturally
- How to Prevent Shoulder Bursitis?
- Night Riders - Tips and Tricks for Riding After Dark
- The Benefits of Running on an Empty Stomach
- The best electric bikes for staying in shape
- Understanding the Mental Health Journey
- Discover How a Quick Weight Loss Can Be a Healthy Weight Loss
- Benefits of Swimming