How to Prevent Cavities When You Have a Sweet Tooth
- Author Dr. Andrew Dine
- Published December 15, 2021
- Word count 538
Are you a self-proclaimed chocolate lover? Do you crave something sweet each afternoon? Does your evening seem incomplete without a scoop or two of ice cream? Then you, my friend, have a sweet tooth. While delicious treats are much-loved by your tastebuds, they can wreak havoc on the condition of your oral health. Fortunately, as your dentist near Fairfield, I know a few ways you can keep cavities at bay. Keep reading to learn what they are!
#1. Brush Often
The sugar found in sour gummies, delicious lollipops, and smooth chocolate can wreak havoc on your oral health. To prevent that from happening, make sure to brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush after each meal and snack. This will remove food particles, plaque, and bacteria, reducing your chances of developing a cavity. (Pro tip: if you can’t remember the last time you changed your toothbrush, now is the time to do so!).
#2. Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking water throughout the day won’t just keep you hydrated, it will also rinse the sugar from your teeth. Therefore, instead of reaching for coffee, soda, or red wine throughout the day, keep a glass of water close by. Your teeth will thank you for it!
#3. Don’t Forget to Floss
Flossing is crucial in preventing interproximal cavities (the ones that develop between your teeth). As a result, you should be flossing at least once a day. Plus, some studies have shown that flossing before brushing is even more beneficial. However, as long as you are gently stringing the floss between each tooth and cleaning along the gumline, you’re covered.
#4. Opt for Less Sugary Snacks When You Can
While indulging in your favorite treats from time to time is certainly okay, it’s best to find some healthier alternatives as well. For example, instead of indulging in a chocolate bar, consider opting for a chocolate-covered strawberry. Or, opt for a slice of pound cake instead of a gooey brownie. These small switches may not seem like much, but they can make all the difference.
#5. Visit Your Dentist Biannually
A solid at-home oral hygiene routine will go a long way, but your dental care is ultimately incomplete without your biannual preventive care visits. These six-month checkups catch cavities in the early stages, screen for oral cancer, check your bite alignment, and clean the hard-to-reach areas of your mouth. In short, they play an essential role in preventing tooth decay.
Indulging in something sweet now and again is part of life, and you shouldn’t have to stop for the sake of your oral health! Just keep the above tips in mind to keep your smile in tip-top shape for years to come.
About the Author
For more than four decades now, Dr. Andrew Dine has dedicated his days to helping patients in and around the Fairfield area preserve their healthy, happy smiles. In fact, he does the dental cleanings himself! He attended dental school at the Case Western Reserve School of Dentistry and is now a Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry. If you’d like to learn more tips about keeping your smile cavity-free or need to schedule your six-month checkup and cleaning, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
Learn more about Dr. Andrew Dine and your oral health:https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- One Person One Vote is Not Enough to Rescue America’s Faltering Democracy
- What Lowers Testosterone? The Answers May Surprise You.
- Just not comparable
- I Have Been Made Redundant! Do I need a Settlement Agreement?
- Will 2022 be the year of the LinkedIn business influencer?
- Essential Fine Jewelry for a New Year Party
- Miles Of Smiles Nursery and pre-school Dubai al Barsha
- 5 Ultimate Diamond Jewelry Fashion to Watch Out For in 2022
- Biggest online slot game wins
- Why Are Catalytic Converters Being Stolen?
- Service Dogs Against Anxiety and Depression
- The Equality of the Fallen
- Reframing Faith through Fantasy
- Mythopoeic Grace
- To the Ghost We Have Not Met
- White Spots on Teeth: How to Improve Your Smile
- 3 Top Christian Influencers in India
- Top 3 Christian Podcasts in India
- Finding your Purpose through your Pain
- Weight Loss and Your Smile: How Eating Healthier Can Help Your Waistline and Your Mouth
- Over 40 Keto Solution Review
- The Best YouTube SEO Tips to Implement
- How Exercise Can Benefit Your Mouth
- Solar thermal panel for water heating
- How to Rank Better for Local Searches on Google
- 3 Top Most Christmas Jewelry Trends You Should Know About
- Most Common Electrical Incidents and How to Avoid Them
- How to Play Ethermore: A Step-by-Step Guide
- An Introduction to Ethermore: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started
- 6 Fabulous Tips to Find the Best Dissertation Topics