Questions to ask before getting your website built.
- Author Midwinter Wed Design
- Published July 11, 2022
- Word count 606
If you're looking to hire a web designer, you've probably already got a few questions on your mind. Things like: is the designer the right fit for my business? How can I be sure they'll be able to handle my project? Are they going to make me look good?
We get it. Hiring anyone—whether it's a plumber, an electrician, or an interior decorator—is stressful. And hiring a web designer might seem especially daunting because there's so much at stake when it comes to your brand's look and feel online.
Web designers are not all created equal. If you're looking to hire one, it's important to know what you want and how to find the right person for the job.
First, ask yourself: are you looking for someone to design your website or do you want to hire a full-service team? If you're just looking for someone to create your site from scratch, then it's best to do some research on web designers in your area and then reach out with a list of questions.
If you're looking for an agency team that will do more than just design your site, then make sure that they have the right skills and experience for what you need. You should also consider the size of their team—do they have enough employees to handle all the projects they take on?
Here are a few important questions you should ask yourself before commissioning a web designer:
Ask yourself what you need your website to do. Do you want it to be a simple informational page? An e-commerce site? A blog? Knowing what you want makes it easier to find someone who can give it to you.
What kind of budget do you have? You may not be able to afford a top-notch designer, but that doesn't mean there aren't good ones out there who will work within your budget constraints. If you don't have a lot of money, look for people who specialise in working with small businesses or startups—they'll be more willing than established designers who work with big companies and brands because they know how hard it is for smaller companies to make ends meet!
Check their portfolio—make sure they have experience with your type of business or industry. If they're in a different industry than yours, that's okay too! Just make sure they have experience with similar businesses.
Do some research into what others are saying about their experiences working with web designers in your area (or wherever else), including both positive and negative reviews online so that at least there's some transparency about what could happen if things go wrong (which
Talk about SEO—what kind of SEO do they provide (if any)? How often will they check back in on your progress and see how things are going? What kinds of reports will they give you so you can track your progress as well as theirs?
Will your site be responsive? Responsive design means that your site will adapt itself to look good on any size screen—from desktop computer down to smartphone—and it'll do this automatically as users resize their browser windows. It's a must-have if you plan on using your site as part of an e-commerce strategy or if you want to provide an easy mobile experience for your customers.
Other handy questions to ask a web designer:
How long have you been working in this field?
What was the last project you worked on?
Do you have references I can reach out to?
How much do you charge per hour?
Do you offer discounts for longer-term projects?
- ChatGPT on Marketing: The first-ever published extensive interview with a machine on the subject.
- 10 Quick Tips For Creating Engaging YouTube Videos In Less Than One Minute
- Digital Marketing for Industrial Companies
- What Do You Want?
- Social Media Ads for Small Business
- The Impact of Strategic and Effective Communication To Non Profit organization
- SEO Services In India Are A Combination Of Quality And Expertise
- Get more Traffic and quality leads with Industry-Specific SEO
- Unlocking the Potential of Online Digital Marketing: Examples & Strategies
- 5 Reasons Your Small Business Needs Professional Photography
- Why social media engagement beats follower count
- What is in a Cannabis Vape Cartridge?
- How To Choose The Best All-in-One Design Software For Your Business
- Forex Trading 101: How to Get Started in Forex and Make Money
- How to Grow Your Business With Digital Marketing
- How Instagram Works If You're New To The Platform
- The 3 Golden Rules Every Marketer Should Follow To Succeed
- StoryBrand: Brand Message Guide To Reach Your Customers
- Your Online Business Fundamentals
- How To Make Money On YouTube: The Easy Way!
- How to Monetize a Website
- Black Friday Marketing and Cyber Monday Marketing Campaign Tips for Businesses
- 7 Strategies to Acquire New Patient Leads
- How Building Your Personal Brand Can Help You Escape from the Corporate World
- This is How to Avoid Falling a Fool whose Money are Soon parted by Con Artist in the guise of Online marketing Gooroos
- How Google Algorithm Updates Impact Your SEO
- 6 Online Social Media Jobs That Pay Up to $50 Per Hour (No Experience Required)
- Should I use a website agency or freelance web developer?
- 4 Proven Ways to Grow Your Small Business Online For Free
- Reasons Why Online Advertising Agencies are relevant in 2022