Finding the Right Dog for You
- Author Bob Nicholson
- Published January 4, 2023
- Word count 335
Choosing a dog is a major commitment.
The dog breed you choose needs to match your preferences, be capable of participating in the activities you enjoy, and fit into your lifestyle, environment, and living space. For example, a breed with a strong “prey instinct” would not be a good choice if you have small children or other pets. A dog with a dense, fluffy coat would not be a good choice if you live in a very hot climate. A breed that requires a lot of attention will be a problem if you need to leave him alone during the day.
Dog Breed Selector programs use artificial intelligence to match your preferences against the characteristics of hundreds of dog breeds to find the best matches!
One particular Selector program was written by the author of this article over 25 years ago, and revised periodically to expand the dog database. For many years it was hosted on the IAMS.com website, where it was a popular feature. It is now hosted by Sugar Sweet Georgia Puppys.
The program has a questionnaire form with 34 questions, including questions about your preferences, your environment, and activities you might like to do with your dog. Questions include things like the temperature range where you live, and whether you have children, elderly people, or other pets in your home.
Once you've completed the questionnaire, the program presents a list of 30 breeds, "ranked" by how closely they match your preferences. Each of the breeds includes a photo, and a link to a detailed breed profile.
The program even has a "comparer" option that lets you see the characteristics of several breeds side-by-side.
There are also fun features like "Top Breed Lists" such as breeds that shed the least, dogs that are good with kids, or dogs that don’t bark much, and games where you can guess the breed of puppies based on their photos.
There is no substitute for chemistry, but the Dog Breed Selector can help you narrow down your choices!
Bob Nicholson was the original author of the Dog Breed Selector, which is now hosted at:
https://georgiapuppiesfromheaven.com/dog-breed-info/dog-breed-selector/Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Is Your Dog’s Mouth Really Cleaner Than Yours?
- No Pull Dog Harnesses: What Is It & Does It Work?
- How to Teach Your Dog to Use a Collar and a Leash
- Facts About Pug Puppies
- The Reality Of Dog Training | Why It's vital to think about brain training
- Why Dogs Sigh—An Exploration of Canine Behavior
- Yak Cheese Chews For Dogs - The DELICIOUS Way To Keep Your Pup Busy
- The Benefits of Dog Wet Wipes
- The Scoop on Compostable Dog Poo Bags
- Keep Your Pup's Ears Clean and Healthy with the Right Ear Cleaner
- How to choose the best dog poo bags
- The Benefits of Feeding Healthy Dog Food
- Top 10 Dog Breeds Around the World!!!
- Service Dogs Against Anxiety and Depression
- 5 Ways to Care for your Aging Dog
- WHY A DOG IS A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR CHILDREN
- Why dogs are humans’ best friends?
- How many diverse types of service dogs and what they do?
- Service Dog, Companion Dog, Therapy Dog, which dog can best support a Child with Autism?
- Choosing a Veterinarian for Your Dog
- Why Dog Owners Should Invest In A Treat Pouch
- 4 Ways To Prepare Fruit Treats For Your Dog
- Dog Grooming Benefits
- How to help a stray dog
- Puppy house training
- Dog Owner Must Know Facts About Dog Food
- Pet-Friendly Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
- Keeping your dog's nails quite short is significant for their smooth mobility.
- 6 Tips on Choosing a Shelter Dog