Basic Blog Branding 101
Computers & Technology → Blogging / Forums
- Author Anne Moss Rogers
- Published May 9, 2008
- Word count 754
Personal blogs can be more random if it is simply sharing what you are doing with friends and family. But a blog for business, one you hope will make money, a blog that presents you as an expert or one to drive traffic to a website needs to have a marketing goal or purpose.
Generic will kill you. Trying to post a blog about being a stay at home mom might find fierce competition. Trying to post one about how a stay at home mom can run an internet business might be more specific. But don not go posting a blog until you have taken a look around. You do not want to be number one million trying to climb to the top of the heap.
Can your Blog be too niche?
Yes it can. If your blog is only about bunions, it could get boring fast. While the hot phrase is niche you do not want to make it so specific that you run out of ideas in two weeks. There is a good chance you will run out of bunion material.
However, you could instead have a blog about foot problems and this would open up all sorts of titillating subjects of interest like plantar fasciitis or narrow feet, high arches or flat feet. Now we are talking. We can go into orthotics, shoes, wrapping devices and even socks! I could go on as the excitement is never ending.
So Niche does not have to mean singular subject.
That is not to say that drivel.com would not be a viable blog. It would be. In that case, the audience wants to be entertained on various subjects on any given day. They are looking for random of comedic posts and nutty articles.
When it comes to your Blog, think Relationship Marketing.
A blog is more personal. Which, in a place as impersonal as the web, is a big advantage. So it is an opportunity to be professional and give potential clients, customers, visitors a chance to get to know you on a more personal level as well. It is relationship marketing similar to the email marketing.
Your blog should also be about a passion or something about which you are an expert. You share information and expertise on this platform and it needs to be changed and updated.
Do not let your Blog Go down with the Sinking Ship called Mediocrity.
Please do not do a Boring Blog because that is internet litter. Usually people land on your blog because of a keyword. So you have to have something there that captures attention and makes them want to stay and even return. Welcome to my blog is not going to capture attention. If you have a boring blog that is not informative, you will find out soon enough because no one will come or stay either to come back to play.
Steps to keep in Mind
Define your target audience. Who are they? Really define your market. Defining your target market is the part that will most directly affect your bank account so this step is vital. You have to speak to them so you have to define what is important to them so you can provide the solution or answer.
Write down your marketing objective (a.k.a. your goals) For example: I want the blog to position me as an expert in foot problems.
Write the marketing strategies to make it happen. Article marketing, offline direct mail, sponsor 10k races or marathons, social bookmarking. Look for opportunities to tap into the sports medicine market through forums and adword campaigns. These will be strategies on how you will promote your blog.
How will the blog make you money even if it is support for your internet presence? Example: I want athletes to sign up for my newsletter on improving their gait and preventing future problems of the lower extremities. I will have various products I endorse to avoid and treat problems on the blog and in emails -- products I know work because I have had patients try them.
Planning for Success
Success does not just happen no matter how many things you read that tell you it does. It takes some work and perseverance and planning.
Graduation from Basic Blog Branding 101 means you are not going to write, Welcome to my Blog on your blog no matter how tempted you are to do so. And you are going to write some goals down and do some planning for your success.
http://webpreppro.com eTutorial that guides you through the process of creating a website that caters to a target market.
http://annemoss.com I am professional freelance copywriter with 20+ years experience turning marketing strategies into memorable advertising and websites. My clients have included everything from national brands and local businesses.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Do You Need to Know About WordPress Security?
- How To Be More Successful At Blogging To Make Money
- How to Use a Security Checklist to Help Keep Your Blog Safe From Hackers
- What are the Best Reasons to Use WordPress?
- What Does Blogging Mean?
- What are the Best Ways to Promote Your Blog?
- What are the Best Ways to Optimize Your WordPress Blog for SEO?
- What are 7 Proven Ways to Make Money with WordPress Blogging?
- Why You Should Backup Your WordPress Blog?
- What are the WordPress Hacks That Every Blogger Should Know?
- What are the Steps to Setting Up Your Blog?
- How Do You Optimize Your Blog Posts?
- Why Does EVERY Blog Need the Duplicator Plugin Installed?
- What are the Ways to Move Your HTML Website to WordPress?
- What Do You Do if Your Website Gets Hacked?
- What are the 10 Best Sources for Quality Content for Your Blog?
- What are the Various Types of Blog Content?
- What Could Happen If Someone Gains Entry Into Your WordPress Blog?
- Why is Your Website or Blog Content So Important?
- What are 10 Ways to Increase Traffic to Your WordPress Blog?
- What are the Hilarious Complaints about WordPress Blogging?
- How Should You Choose the Right WordPress Hosting?
- How to Troubleshoot WordPress and Fix Common Errors
- What are the Most Annoying Problems with WordPress?
- What To Consider When Choose a New STARTER Kit Vape
- Are There Security Tips Against Hacking Your WordPress Site?
- How Does Article Marketing Help Bloggers Get More Traffic?
- Why is Cloning a WordPress Blog a Real Time Saver?
- How Do You Secure Your WordPress Blog Against Malicious Attacks?
- What are the 17 Most Misunderstood Facts about WordPress Blogging?