Recommendations for Women's Golf Clubs
- Author Jason Nichols
- Published August 27, 2009
- Word count 841
Looking for a new set of golf clubs can be a daunting task. These days, golf clubs are made from a variety of materials and are available in a myriad of sizes and colors, even pink! Golf clubs can also be custom made to fit any length, weight, and flexibility, depending on the user’s preference. Despite these differences, most golf clubs fit into a handful of general categories. For instance, most women’s golf clubs are shorter and lighter than men’s clubs, they often have a more flexible shaft and are constructed with more loft on the front of the club. Finding and practicing with a good set of clubs that are made to fit a specific height and weight is essential to developing a solid golf game.
There are many factors which all must fall in line in order to achieve a great golf swing. Some factors, such as staying focused and managing your body mechanics, are up to you, the player. Other factors depend on outside circumstances such as equipment and weather.
Is There a Difference Between Men’s & Women’s Clubs?
When it comes to purchasing new golf clubs, women often have less options to choose from then men as golf is a sport that men tend to play much more than women. Women’s clubs stand apart from men’s clubs. Women’s golf clubs tend to be flexible and more comfortable. Men’s clubs, on the other hand, are heavier and normally have a lower loft. For example, most men’s drivers have a nine to eleven degree loft while most women’s clubs are at a twelve degree angle. The curvature of a women’s club helps to get the ball higher into the air and increase its speed.
There is also a noticeable difference in the grip of a man’s and woman’s club. Many women’s grips are thinner and their golf clubs are about ½ inch shorter than a man’s club. Women will need a club that allows them to bend comfortably and hit the ball with ease.
The weight of a golf club can play a huge part in generating momentum. The amount of momentum that can be transferred to the clubhead depends on both the player’s technique and their personal strength. If you increase the weight of the clubhead, you decrease speed. Women’s golf clubs tend to have shorter shafts and a heavier clubhead to balance everything and create a smoother swing.
Buying Your First Set of Golf Clubs
When shopping for a first set of golf clubs, weight, length, and grip are all important aspects to keep in mind. It is also suggested to choose golf clubs based on how much dedication you have for the sport of golf. For instance, if you only play twice a year, there is no need to spend a lot of money on a great set of clubs. However, if you are extremely passionate about golf, play as much as possible, and want to constantly improve your game, you may want to look for clubs that are closer to the top of the line products.
When purchasing new golf clubs, look at the construction of the clubs themselves. Two basic golf items to look for in the shaft of the club are shaft composition and the flexibility. The choices of materials will most likely come down to either steel or graphite. If you have decided to buy a new set of golf clubs you might want to consider having them fitted for you by a golf professional, or by someone in a pro shop. This can go a long way in ensuring that your clubs are suited to your body type, as each person is different in size and shape. Custom fitted clubs take into account your height, strength, club head speed and swing characteristics to give you the best swing possible.
If you do not want to get personally fitted for clubs, you can also purchase off-the-shelf golf clubs that are designed for the typical golfer. This simply means that they are designed for someone of a specific height range and usually come with a lower price tag.
Getting a fitting by a golfing professional can take anywhere from fifteen minutes to a half a day. Unfortunately, this service seldom comes free, yet there are some pro shops that are happy to include a fitting for free as long as you guarantee a purchase. During a fitting you will be asked to hit many variations with a series of particular clubs. The thinking behind this is to find which club best suits your particular specifications, taking into account the best combination of the shaft, loft, lie, and grip as well as swing weight for each club. Each club in the set can be tested this way, yet the ones most tested are irons and drivers. A professional fitting of either men’s or women’s clubs can help take a golf game to a whole new level.
Jason Nichols is a freelance writer who writes about sports, often focusing on a particular product used in sports such as golf clubs .Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Barnett Predator Crossbow Buying Guide
- What Kind of Headgear You Need for MMA
- Adventure sports in the mountains: hiking
- Commuting with an electric bike
- How To Select An Hoverboard For Kids
- UFC 248 beginning time, who is battling today around evening time at 'Adesanya versus Romero' in Las Vegas
- How To Duck Dive and Turtle Roll A Surfboard
- Lionel Messi Call's out Eric Abidal! Barcelona in Trouble?!
- England put gambles of top-seed place at Euro 2020 in danger after surprise defeat against the Czech Republic
- Tips on Camping and Hiking
- Things to Consider Before Investing in an Airsoft Gun
- Want to ace the fly fishing abilities for Trout?
- Some Key Facts Parents Should Consider Before Buying Airsoft Guns
- Golf Beginner Basics - Golf Equipment
- 4 vital factors to watch out for before buying an airsoft gun
- 7 Questions to be answered before you buy your First Airsoft Gun
- Golf: Too Analytical?
- How to Be an Imperfect Golfer
- Mental Game 4 Ways to Silence Your Inner Critic
- 4 Best Ladder Tree Stand for 2019
- Steroids and Dietary Supplements: Are They Worth The Risk?
- Signs You Need a Break From Melbourne Racing Tips
- The Various Types Of Swim Caps
- Park City Ski Rentals
- Ski Rentals in Park City
- Top 4 Reasons to Play Daily Fantasy Sports
- How to Choose A Best Golf Rangefinder
- Interesting NBA Facts to Know Before Your Basketball Tour
- Giants' Saquon Barkley not practicing against Lions on Tuesday
- 3 Important Passing Rules: Basketball Training Melbourne Advice