When Can A Flower Be Used As A Gift?
- Author Sheena Thornbird
- Published September 27, 2009
- Word count 614
When can a flower be given as a gift? Flowers are some of the things that are largely given as a gift for many people. Although there are occasions or events in which gifts are given traditionally, such as in Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Mother Mary's Birthday, as well as Christmas, there are instances in which flowers are given as a gift out of traditional events. These events are usually used as a way to express one's feeling through the gift they are giving. And what better gift that can convey one's feeling with the use of flowers.
Flowers have been considered as one of the many gifts that can be used to convey one's feelings. This has been established in Victorian-era as a means for people to convey their feelings to someone without the use of words. This practice is what they call as "Floriography". Floriography was most commonly communicated through Tussie-Mussies, an art which has a following today. So where can flowers be used as gifts?
For conveying one's love - This has been one of the many practices still seen today. When a man courts a woman, the man usually brings a bouquet of flowers, as well as a box of chocolates, to give to the woman. The usual flower used for this are red roses. According to floriography, red roses symbolize deep respect and love, which is why men give red roses to women they deeply respect and love. Pink roses are also used for the occasion. Pink roses, however, signifies a lesser feeling.
As gift for friendship - Giving gifts for friends, such as friendship bands or any other accessories, have been in practice for centuries. Although accessories has largely replaced the use of flowers, some people still use flowers as a sign of friendship. Flowers usually used for this occasions are yellow roses. According to floriography, yellow roses stand for friendship or devotion.
For welcoming a person - These practice are usually seen on airports in which airport personnel give garlands of flowers as a sign of welcoming tourists into their country. The usual flower used for this occasion are Epigaea repens or trailing arbutus. In the Philippines, flower Gifts Philippines for this occasion may involve the use of Sampaguita.
As sign of grieving - Flowers has also been used as gifts in funerals. It is used as a way to show grief for the grieving as well as a sign of respect to the dead and its family. In the Philippines, flower Gifts Philippines for this occasion may involve the use of orchids, usually made into wreaths. This practice is also seen on many parts of the world. Although the use of Aloe and Marigold is also used as a way to convey pain and grief.
For remembering the dead - Flowers are also used as a way to remember and respect the dead. Irises and lilies are used for this as to commemorate the dead and their memories. In the Philippines, flower Gifts Philippines for this occasion may involve the use of any kinds of flowers, may it be roses or lilies. But usually, it also involves the use of orchids.
Other flowers used for this purpose also includes the use of sunflowers, which can indicate either haughtiness or respect – they were the favorite flower of St. Julie Billiart for this reason. Gerbera (daisy) means innocence or purity. The iris, being named for the messenger of the gods in Greek mythology, still represents the sending of a message. A pansy signifies thought, a daffodil regard, and a strand of ivy; fidelity. For more info please visit our website at http://www.flowersexpress.com.ph
Sheena is an -ecommerce specialist and writes on her free time about various topics that catch people's interest.
BC. www.flowersexpress.com.phArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing