The Range of Mont Blanc Pens
- Author Chriss Tyrrell
- Published November 29, 2009
- Word count 476
Originally founded in Hamburg Germany in 1901 by a stationer named Claus Johannes Voss, Mont Blanc originally began with the name Simplo Fuller Pen Company. Over the past century however, this company has gone through a number of changes and now in fact features a quite extensive lineup of luxury items including of course, exquisite hand crafted pens and writing instruments.
The Very First Pens Were Made at the Turn of the Century
Their original pen line traces its roots back to 1909, with the introduction of the Rouge Et Noir. This in turn was followed one year later in 1910 by the Mont Blanc pen. This of course was the pen that was to be the inspiration for the company’s new name. The very first pen to be introduced under the Mont Blanc name was the Meisterstuck, which was introduced to market in 1925.
Mont Blanc Translates Into "White Mountain"
The number 4810 is a recurring theme in the Mont Blanc pen range. The number is simply the height of the mountain by which the company got its name. By the way, the name itself, Mont Blanc is French and translates directly into "White Mountain". Now some of the limited edition pens that they produce are numbered up to 4810. However; some limited edition Mont Blanc Pens are produced into the tens of thousands.
The Patron of the Arts Series
Another place you'll find a quirky use of numbers in a limited edition line of their pens, is in their Patron of the Arts Series. These pens are numbered up to 888, which is a number many Asian cultures consider to be extremely lucky. Those facts, combined with the variety of precious stones that adorn these intricately crafted special edition pens make them an unusually hot commodity in Asian markets.
The Very Popular Mont Blanc Writers Series
Even so, it's their Writers Edition special limited release pens that have been consistently sought after by a far broader range of pen collectors around the globe. To begin with, they're less expensive and therefore far more attainable. While lacking in the precious stone accoutrements of the Patron of the Arts Series, the Writers Series none the less hold their own ground with sheer precision craftsmanship and the fact that each pen is adorned with a famous artist’s signature in miniature.
Their Donation Series and its 2009 "Signature for Good" Release
One particular Mont Bland series of pens that stands apart from the rest is their Donation Series. This is a series of Mont Blanc pens that was created for the express purpose of raising funds for worthwhile charities around the globe. While in the past this series of pens has generated huge amounts of money to support the classical arts, the most recent 2009 release has brought fresh new change. This "Signature for Good" release will generate some $1.5 million for UNICEF this year alone.
Chris Tyrrell writes for Wheelers Luxury Gifts, stockists of Mont Blanc pens and other luxury items. Visit the website for more details.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing
- Experiencing Luxury with a Comfortaire Mattress
- Why power banks are becoming the most important phone accessory