- Author Chelsea Francis
- Published December 9, 2009
- Word count 436
If you are one of the increasing number of individuals being diagnosed with presbyopia and are overly concerned about it, don’t be.
You are not alone. Onset presbyopia (difficulty focusing up close) is occurring to more people as the segment of the population 35 years of age and older grows. Within the next decade, that segment will increase by an additional 16 million. Changes in lifestyles, both at work and home, have made more demands on our near vision. Computer screens, I-phones, and PDAs, etc., keep our eyes busy many hours a day and is contributing to the population experiencing presbyopia earlier than previous generations.
Despite what one may think, contact lens users do not have to give in to the wearing of half eyes, bifocals, or reading glasses. The good news is that they can continue enjoying the benefits of contacts by switching to multi-focals. Even though multi-focal lenses exist, eye care professionals state only 2 out of 5 presbyopic patients realize they are available—or that these lenses can correct their condition. Multi-focals work similarly to progressive eyeglasses, as they have a range of powers in each lens. One’s visual system learns to choose the proper power depending on how close or distant the focus. As it turns out in most cases, this adaptation occurs without difficulty—making multi-focals a viable alternative to monovision (a contact lens application where one eye is corrected for distance and the other for near vision).
Eye care professionals, seeing increasing satisfaction with fittings, are being encouraged to make patients aware of PureVision Multi-Focals, lenses which are among the leaders in correcting presbyopia. They allow wearers to focus at all distances, providing clear intermediate vision with easy transition to far and near. Active individuals hindered by glasses can now go from reading a book to using the computer or taking a drive with a renewed sense of freedom.
Comfort has been enhanced in the PureVision Multi-Focals by the lens’ silicone hydrogel construction, in this case the trademarked AerGel material, which minimizes the buildup of dust, debris and proteins that can collect on the lens. They also stay moist and allow proper oxygen permeability, promoting healthy eyes. An innovative rounded-edge design contributes to the feeling of not wearing any contact lens at all.
Over 80% of multi-focal contact users state these lenses do not cause any interference or disruption in their lives. PureVision Multi-Focals also do much to preserve youthful appearance and confidence.
PureVision Multi-Focals have been approved for daily wear, or continuous wear up to thirty days. As always, consult your eye care professional in determining what is best suited for you.
Research & Marketing
Contact Lens Kinghttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Appreciating your silent heroes with Photo to words
- A Revolution for Change | Modern Art
- The Beginner's Guide to Kamado Grills
- The Best Way to Practice Applying Makeup Around the Head Model
- 6 Questions to Ask Before Buying a Rice Cooker
- 7 Different Types of Crystal Glass Decanters Homeowners Must Know
- Vape Coils | eJuice Direct
- 4 Reasons Why a House Party Host Must Consider Crystal Glassware Items
- Smart Considerations before Investing on Crystal Glassware
- FAA Order of Right-Away Challenged by Unmanned Aircraft Or UAVs?
- Pianoforall Reviewed: Secrets To Learn How To Play Piano Fast And Easy!
- Why Should You Have To Wear Designer Watches
- 5 Essential Crystalware to Deck up your Home during Celebrations
- How to Clean Coroplast Cage?
- Guide To Choose Perfect Striped Pillow Cases
- Which Dental X-Rays Machine Is Worth To Buy
- Best Buy Acquires GreatCall, A Leading Connected Health Services Provider.
- Jones & Black E Liquid Review
- Adding Flare to Your Translation Tool Kit
- How Does Beard Oil Work?
- 4 Unparalleled Features of Modern Headphones
- Why Alpaca?
- Landline vs VoIP - Smarter BusinessVoIP vs. landline: which is better for your business telecoms?
- Take a Look at Mi Max 2 Online and Compare Before Buying
- Know the Various Features of Latest Redmi Note 4
- Know About Various Types of Trolleys Make Work Easier?
- Lenovo K6 Power, Phab 2 Plus - Smartphones for Budget-Conscious Segment!
- Mens Dress Shirts For Your Best Appearance
- What's the Best Soundbar for Me?
- Top 5 Reasons That Make Cuboid Metal Power Banks Appealing